Confirmed with Link: Lawrence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford AND Mike Burnstein fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I think those of you calling for Linden and Benning's head had better wrap your head around the fact that this is Trevor's ship, and, he OBVIOUSLY has full support of ownership to do whatever he wants.

Also....question for people thinking these firings means 'good/smart' guys left; do you think those years at end of Mike Gillis's time were indicative of team on right track?

The moves they made were still good moves. Actually the 2013 offseason was one of Gillis' best.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Can't believe so many are shocked to see Lawrence "NTC" Gilman go. Guy could have penned one of the worst contracts in NHL history in The Luongo contract.

Letting go of Crawford is dumb though. Definitely signals Weisbrodnis taking over the scouting.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Telling that Gillman did not want to discuss the Sbisa and Dorsett contracts. He was not on board with them.

No surprise...they are abhorrent.

Probably what got him fired - arguing how bad the contracts were... or maybe arguing how bad the trades were... or maybe just arguing that everything Benning did was bad (outside of maybe drafting)

Don't worry though, we just traded Kassian ***AND*** a fifth for Prust. I expect an extension for prust for 8 years at 8 million per. And now at least Benning won't have to watch Gilman rolling his eyes every time they pass in the hallway.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
hilarious that for every move they make it requires instant damage control

Yup that should tell you everything. As soon as I heard Gilman et al were fired I was thinking how long until Linden makes and appearance.

Took an hour or so.

Its all very carefully stage managed but it seems to be blowing up in their faces.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Given we have the most incompetent front office in hockey, expecting to get lucky is going to result in you wasting a lot of time following a team that is going to disappoint you greatly.

Embrace the hate. They deserve it.

Its been 45 years of failure. I don't have high expectations for a sudden change.

The positives so far, is they have not traded their first round picks at all yet. And that is a step up from past regimes.

You never know, a high pick could net you a franchise player, and the TSN turning point, we have always needed and never have had.

thedean

Jan 20, 2015
More re gilman on sbisa/dorsett contracts:

"I can tell you what I think of them, but I like my job"

I'm as mad as anyone right now but that's not the context of the quote. DOn't make things up. Not even the right person saying it.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Can't believe so many are shocked to see Lawrence "NTC" Gilman go. Guy could have penned one of the worst contracts in NHL history in The Luongo contract.

Letting go of Crawford is dumb though. Definitely signals Weisbrodnis taking over the scouting.

holy ****. is this a criticism? of the current administration?

hell has frozen over

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013

That wasn't Gilman .. That was Crawford and talking about who the other team willing to give KB3 a contract extension.. At least thats what I heard

May 31, 2006

Did you just get this from TSN 1040? From what I understood, that's what Eric Crawford said when asked who the other team that showed interest in Bieksa was.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
LOL

Hahaha, everyone competent fired. :laugh:

What a complete joke this team is. Every day something new.

My exact first thought.

Unfortunately its happening in my real life with with teenage son the past two months.

Something new every day; sex, pot, alcohol, sneaking friends in at night, sneaking out at night.....

My family and team are falling apart all at the same time.

Something new every day.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Damn i misheard that hard.

Yeah, yeah. Disregard. It was my fault.

I'm not trying to pull one over, because 90% of this board is listening haha.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Its been 45 years of failure. I don't have high expectations for a sudden change.

The positives so far, is they have not traded their first round picks at all yet. And that is a step up from past regimes.

You never know, a high pick could net you a franchise player, and the TSN turning point, we have always needed and never have had.

If Benning trades the 2016 first for anything short of a young established star, he should be chased out of the city with flaming pitchforks.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Can't really use analytics if the people making decisions can't understand them.

You need decision-makers who are capable of integrating stats with traditional scouting.

my fantasy hockey team name next season: trevor linden's high school education

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad