Confirmed with Link: Lawrence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford AND Mike Burnstein fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Internal analytics were ignored, obviously. When it comes to Sbisa it's really hard to make the data on him look favorable, no matter how much you torture the data.

What are Sbisa's Scr/60 (Scrums per 60) numbers?

Freakshow

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island
I think those of you calling for Linden and Benning's head had better wrap your head around the fact that this is Trevor's ship, and, he OBVIOUSLY has full support of ownership to do whatever he wants.

Also....question for people thinking these firings means 'good/smart' guys left; do you think those years at end of Mike Gillis's time were indicative of team on right track?

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Love that they pointed out how Linden sounded very pissed with the fans right now.

Well sorry Linden, we're pissed at you guys too.

Did they say that? I didn't hear that.. Thats great!

I didn't think Linden sounded pissed he just danced around every question.. It reminded me of the

premier of Alberta before he was ousted when he was interviewed just dancing around every question

answering only a portion of the question and changing the direction of the answers

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
This team is too far gone.

By the time Aquaman fires Benning (next off-season) we're gonna have to find an excellent GM who will then take 2-3 seasons to re-structure our scouts (again), find good assistants and another capologist.

We've set the rebuild a solid 5 seasons back by firing Gillis and trusting in Linden. Some folk hero, he's ruined the team worse than Keenan/Messier.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Losing Gilman our capologist, in the midst of free agency and at a crucial point in our future, is very telling.

I believe that all three of them probably simply tendered their resignations.

They obviously were Gillis men, and I believe it was a faction split. Especially with how Benning has been throwing away the previous regime's assets away, like candy at a parade.

I was never completely sold on Henning or Crawfords pro scouting.

But I had a ton of respect for Gilman.

On the positive side, we will have a management group with no contention. On the negative side, I believe we lost a boat load of competence.

Delorme and the old boys are fully in control now. It is very scary, but even blind squirrels can find an acorn once in awhile.

Maybe something good will come of it. :help:

Given we have the most incompetent front office in hockey, expecting to get lucky is going to result in you wasting a lot of time following a team that is going to disappoint you greatly.

Embrace the hate. They deserve it.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I think those of you calling for Linden and Benning's head had better wrap your head around the fact that this is Trevor's ship, and, he OBVIOUSLY has full support of ownership to do whatever he wants.

Also....question for people thinking these firings means 'good/smart' guys left; do you think those years at end of Mike Gillis's time were indicative of team on right track?

Those years at the end of Gillis' time was clearly indicative of terrible meddlesome owners whose only goals were size and playoffs.

The trend continues

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009

Oh were well aware that he has full power and advocacy of the ownership. As fro Gillis's time, I don't think he made as many questionable moves in his 6 year tenure as Benning has in one year. :shakehead

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
Wow. This is amazing. I think we found our new avatar.

Seriously, if someone made a tasteful StickN'Rink Titanic symbol, I would proudly display that avatar. Hell, I would make a shirt out of it.

Ask and you shall receive. Full size and avatar version included.

mJQbhc2.jpg

wICE3Ab.jpg

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Thanks for transcribing the interview, peen. Illuminating... but not in a good way.

Bro Horvat, those avy's are a thing of beauty. :handclap:

The only problem with the analogy is Gillis left Benning with less of a Titanic and more of a BC fast ferry.

He steered it into the proverbial iceberg nonetheless.

Last edited:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
honestly, anyone they promote is probably a garbage man by virtue that they were promoted by these guys. sorry jonathan

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
This team is too far gone.

By the time Aquaman fires Benning (next off-season) we're gonna have to find an excellent GM who will then take 2-3 seasons to re-structure our scouts (again), find good assistants and another capologist.

We've set the rebuild a solid 5 seasons back by firing Gillis and trusting in Linden. Some folk hero, he's ruined the team worse than Keenan/Messier.

Ya because when Keenan/Messier traded away the team they got VALUE in return.. Linden for Bertuzzi Mccabe and Ruutu! Brilliant trade... We trade away our number 1 goalie for a ****ing 3rd round pick!!!

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Ask and you shall receive. Full size and avatar version included.

mJQbhc2.jpg

wICE3Ab.jpg

Amazing... anyone that goes to games this season should bring a massive sign during the warmups which show this and/or our disconnect with management. They only take fans seriously that actually pay to go to the games. Even then I'm sure it is miniscule interest at best.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Did they say that? I didn't hear that.. Thats great!

I didn't think Linden sounded pissed he just danced around every question.. It reminded me of the

premier of Alberta before he was ousted when he was interviewed just dancing around every question

answering only a portion of the question and changing the direction of the answers

They said that they (Sekeres and Price) noticed that for the first time since Benning and Linden came on board that Linden and Benning seem exasperated with the views/opinions fans have of this weeks moves.

That Linden and Benning are showing some of the exasperation that Gillis showed with the media and fans at times.

thedean

Jan 20, 2015
This is about the 3rd time Linden has made this clear, I hope people actually listen.

He can say it all he wants, pretty much every move they make spits in the face of the analyticals so obviously they don't know how to use advance stats or have no respect for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad