Confirmed with Link: Lawrence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford AND Mike Burnstein fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
it happens :P

Guarantee that my post a couple pages ago with the summary on the linden 1040 thing is much more reliable haha.

I only slept six hours. I will allow someone else to summarize 1040.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Ask and you shall receive. Full size and avatar version included.

mJQbhc2.jpg

wICE3Ab.jpg

You truly are the king of kings. :handclap:

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
I mean I guess this is good. The more incompetent the Canucks management gets the faster we race to the bottom.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Like someone said earlier, I like how every move needs instant damage control as soon as the move is made.

Compete incompetence.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
The accelerated Flames model, hire a drastically incompetent staff quicker so that you can get the competent management in and the high draft picks much closer together. Less idling in mediocrity.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
He can say it all he wants, pretty much every move they make spits in the face of the analyticals so obviously they don't know how to use advance stats or have no respect for them.

I like that debate better than the nonsense about us not having analytics.

Eye Test Approved

@London_the_Hobo
Sep 15, 2014
The moves they made were still good moves. Actually the 2013 offseason was one of Gillis' best.

Have to agree with this. If gmmg was the president or assistant gm, and we'd had somebody that was part of the "old boys club", and had more experience with trades and building a professional nhl roster, we would have had one of the best management teams around. For all his shortcomings, Gillis did a lot of innovative things, many of which were positive. With what I've seen from gmdb, I'd rather have an innovative rookie gm than a more experienced one that's firmly stuck in the past

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
holy ****. is this a criticism? of the current administration?

hell has frozen over

I've criticized the current management many times. Garrison/Vey, Vey's ice time, retaining Higgins, signing Miller, etc. my post history proves it. Doesn't mean I'm going to criticize them for things I agree with, like dumping Stanton, etc.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Wow. This is amazing. I think we found our new avatar.

Seriously, if someone made a tasteful StickN'Rink Titanic symbol, I would proudly display that avatar. Hell, I would make a shirt out of it.

I see you already found one :laugh: Here is another if anyone wants to use it:

titanic.png

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Damn, I missed that interview. Looks like I have some podcasts to listen to.

Thanks everyone for the notes though!

Any bets on how long this management group lasts? Can't see them getting fired even if they miss the playoffs next year, despite Gillis getting canned after the only time missing the playoffs in his tenure.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Caller saying good things about Prusty.. I'll probably end up liking Prust but its the wrong time to acquire someone like him

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
Caller saying good things about Prusty.. I'll probably end up liking Prust but its the wrong time to acquire someone like him

I like Prust. I also think that whoever posted that theory about JB not being able to get a 2nd for Kass, and planning on flipping him for a 2nd at the deadline is very plausible.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
The accelerated Flames model, hire a drastically incompetent staff quicker so that you can get the competent management in and the high draft picks much closer together. Less idling in mediocrity.

You have to hope they get replaced before they do long-term damage though. They will have a bunch of cap space to play with next offseason and could screw this team over by overpaying long-term on free agents who won't be good when the rest of the team is good.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Linden has officially lost his shine around Vancouver.

Congrats Trev.

There's an entire generation of Canucks fans who became fans post 2000 who are wondering why anyone liked Linden in the first place.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Have to agree with this. If gmmg was the president or assistant gm, and we'd had somebody that was part of the "old boys club", and had more experience with trades and building a professional nhl roster, we would have had one of the best management teams around. For all his shortcomings, Gillis did a lot of innovative things, many of which were positive. With what I've seen from gmdb, I'd rather have an innovative rookie gm than a more experienced one that's firmly stuck in the past

Benning isnt more experienced.

Gillis also played in the NHL but cut short by injury.

Was an agent so he understood that side of the business.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
There's an entire generation of Canucks fans who became fans post 2000 who are wondering why anyone liked Linden in the first place.

When Linden first came on in 88 he was a top pick.

But more so he was a "great guy". Personable. Had "leadership". Didnt get into shennanigans. etc etc

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Pretty much. They're probably asking, like really? You guys idolized this goof?

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver

I like Prust as a player. He's got his uses. I dislike him for the current state of the team, and dislike him as a return for Kassian.

That said, I really hope Canucks fans don't dog on the guy constantly because he's "not Kassian". He didn't make the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad