Injury Report: Larkin out approximately 2 weeks

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

Reactions: lilidk

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
The fact that we depend on one player this badly is poor roster construction imo. This needs to be addressed this off-season. One guy goes down and we completely go off the rails is alarming.

realistically unless there's some Center on the trade market we aren't aware of the only thing the Wings can really do about that at this point is to play Kasper/Danielson and hope one of them can evolve into something that can help mitigate that

....so naturally I expect them both to be in the AHL all year next year

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
im sure larkin is itching to go. he needs so smack some people around when he gets back

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
The fact that we depend on one player this badly is poor roster construction imo. This needs to be addressed this off-season. One guy goes down and we completely go off the rails is alarming.
Honestly, I wouldn't say it's "poor roster construction" in its entirety. I would, however, say our core players really need to take some time and do some introspection, while Stevie identifies the players currently on our roster that are well on their way to being sent to a team willing to eat a bad contract and/or players that need to be bought out.

I do honestly believe he's trying to do a trial by fire type of thing here. I just wish his subjects weren't signed to 3, 4, or 5 year deals.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I do honestly believe he's trying to do a trial by fire type of thing here. I just wish his subjects weren't signed to 3, 4, or 5 year deals.

Think that's the plan. He always says that you don't know the people in just 1-2 seasons.

But after that, you know. Will he be worth to sign long-term or if there's some issues, to go short.

Still:

The only player to go with 8 years is Larkin, and I think this is not gonna change for the next 3-5 years.

Reactions: dj4aces

dj4aces

Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Think that's the plan. He always says that you don't know the people in just 1-2 seasons.

But after that, you know. Will he be worth to sign long-term or if there's some issues, to go short.

Still:

The only player to go with 8 years is Larkin, and I think this is not gonna change for the next 3-5 years.
Absolutely, 1-2 seasons is more than enough time to know exactly who and what we have with Perron, Copp, Chiarot, etc. Even trade acquisitions, like Petry. I think Stevie knows exactly who we have here. The question is, what will he do about it?

I'm in no means calling all of them bad players. Everyone's opinion is their own. The only person's opinion that matters in all of this is that of Stevie.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Absolutely, 1-2 seasons is more than enough time to know exactly who and what we have with Perron, Copp, Chiarot, etc. Even trade acquisitions, like Petry. I think Stevie knows exactly who we have here. The question is, what will he do about it?

I'm in no means calling all of them bad players. Everyone's opinion is their own. The only person's opinion that matters in all of this is that of Stevie.
It's not just one player. The team is collectively too soft and slow. I expect Stevie to fix that slowly by letting contracts expire, starting with Perron.

I like Perron, but his skating has dropped off a cliff the last 2 years. It's time to let him go.

Reactions: Realgud

dj4aces

Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
It's not just one player. The team is collectively too soft and slow. I expect Stevie to fix that slowly by letting contracts expire, starting with Perron.

I like Perron, but his skating has dropped off a cliff the last 2 years. It's time to let him go.
I mean... yeah? Preaching to the choir, dude.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Didn't sound that good about Larkin. They said he skated in practice for only 10 minutes then left and will be re-evaluated on the weekend.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Agreed. Though today was a game where you could actually see Perron's leadership.

Someone put a big hit on Raymond and Perron immediately took a run at the guy when he had the puck. He's been in the league long enough to get away with yapping at the refs for the non-call on the crosscheck he took to the back. And for their missing the Too Many Men.

He does his best to get by with his hockey IQ but he's just so dang slow out there.

Reactions: Gniwder and 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad