Proposal: NJD-Washington proposal

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
10th overall+NJD 2025 1st for 17th overall+Fehevary+Malenstyn

Washington gets futures for their longer term rebuild post ovi.

NJD gets a defensively sound dman who can handle the tough minutes alongside Marino and a big physical defensive 4th liner.

NJD lines post trade:

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
?????-Hughes-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Holtz
Malenstyn-????-Lazar
Siegs-Hamilton
Fehevary-Marino
Hughes-Nemec
?????
Allen

Bahl
Bastian
????

If he can be added at a reasonable price I'd also be interested in buying Dowd from Washington for the 4C role.

Would leave NJD between 10-12 mill (depending on Mercer/Malenstyn contracts) to find a 4C (could be Lazar with Bastian at RW), Middle 6 forward (could be Clarke), 14th forward (could be Foote/Stillman), and a G (could be Daws/Schmid/Kahkonen)

Other FA targets I'd have to fill out this roster are Foegele, Trenin, and Duhaime

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty426

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
It's an interesting proposal but unlikely to ever happen. Fehervary is pretty good !

Last edited:
Reactions: dgibb10

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Pass. Fever has an edge to him and we're already down to AHL defenders. Beck has heart and hustled all year.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I like Fehervary, but for 10th overall and where we stand currently, we propably have to take it. Its a very solid offer.

Upgrading couple spots with the price of Malenstyn, not really interesting. But if that has to be part of the trade its also shouldnt be a deal breaker.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Fever and Malenstyn are part of the rebuild so they're not going anywhere nor is their current first round pick.

Looking at the OP's projected Devils lineup and ??? slots, I see where the likes of Nick Dowd as the 4c and one of the Capitals goalies (Kuemper/Lindgren) as the other Devils goalie would address some of the ??? We'll even add New Jersey native Trevor van Riemsdyk to the equation for the Devils first round pick and Siegenthaler.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Fever and Malenstyn are part of the rebuild so they're not going anywhere nor is their current first round pick.

Looking at the OP's projected Devils lineup and ??? slots, I see where the likes of Nick Dowd as the 4c and one of the Capitals goalies (Kuemper/Lindgren) as the other Devils goalie would address some of the ??? We'll even add New Jersey native Trevor van Riemsdyk to the equation for the Devils first round pick and Siegenthaler.
I like Dowd a lot.

Not sure how much I trust Lindgren as a buy, or Kuemper's age/ contract

In terms of TVR, we already have a full right side with Nemec Marino Hamilton.

Looking for a lefty to add to siegs, not take away siegs. Siegs had an awful year after Hamilton went down, but with better health and back with hamilton I expect him to bounce back to being at minimum an elite number 6 dman behind Marino, Luke, Nemec, Hamilton, and an addition (in this case Fehevary)

Understandable that Fehevary and Malenstyn would be guys Wash tries to keep. Was hoping the top 10 pick would be enough incentive to move them.

I do really like TVR tho. Can he play the left side?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I like Dowd a lot.

Not sure how much I trust Lindgren as a buy, or Kuemper's age/ contract

In terms of TVR, we already have a full right side with Nemec Marino Hamilton.

Looking for a lefty to add to siegs, not take away siegs. Siegs had an awful year after Hamilton went down, but with better health and back with hamilton I expect him to bounce back to being at minimum an elite number 6 dman behind Marino, Luke, Nemec, Hamilton, and an addition (in this case Fehevary)

Understandable that Fehevary and Malenstyn would be guys Wash tries to keep. Was hoping the top 10 pick would be enough incentive to move them.

I do really like TVR tho. Can he play the left side?
I know TVR is listed as RD but he's been used on both sides.

I would entertain a Dowd and Rasmus Sandin who's a LD for the Devils first round pick.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
I accept on the Caps behalf.
Target a C/PMD at 10th OA at the draft.
They then use the 2025 1st as part of a deal to land Chychrun.

Upgrade on Fever, draft higher, sign a replacement for Malenstyn in free agency.

• Haha
Reactions: dh99 and dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I know TVR is listed as RD but he's been used on both sides.

I would entertain a Dowd and Rasmus Sandin who's a LD for the Devils first round pick.
I'd do it for Fehevary but not Sandin.

I like Sandin as a player and it's not that the value is bad, it's about NJD needs.

Sandin is more offensively minded.

Fehevary is a guy who plays a shutdown role, hits, and eats tough minutes, which is exactly the hole NJD needs to fill.

Luke Nemec Hamilton more offensively minded

Marino Fehevary Siegs would be more defensively minded

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'd do it for Fehevary but not Sandin.

I like Sandin as a player and it's not that the value is bad, it's about NJD needs.

Sandin is more offensively minded.

Fehevary is a guy who plays a shutdown role, hits, and eats tough minutes, which is exactly the hole NJD needs to fill.
Understand and that's why the Capitals should not move him.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Understand and that's why the Capitals should not move him.
100% agree.

My thought process was that potentially that 10th overall pick could be enough of a carrot to get washington to bite on giving up a valuable young piece, but understandable if it's not

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Getting a 2025 1st round pick AND moving up 7 slots in the draft is a pretty good haul for Fehervary and Malenstyn. I'd do it as a Washington fan.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018

Nick Dowd, Darcy Kuemper and TVR for 10th overall and Siegenthaler?

how can the Devils resist!! I'm sure they'd be happy to do the Caps a solid

aerovette99

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
I would do the whole thing plus Dowd, but it would cost NJ and additional 2nd in either 2025 or 2026 PLUS they would have to take Kuemper without retaining. THAT would be my deal

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I would do the whole thing plus Dowd, but it would cost NJ and additional 2nd in either 2025 or 2026 PLUS they would have to take Kuemper without retaining. THAT would be my deal
Kuemper portion would kill that in my eyes I think.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
As a Caps fan this is really hard to decide. It would suck moving on from Fehervary but at the same time, the price is very fair. I'd propably lean towards yes, given i like the potential D options much better @ 10 rather than @ 17.

Good proposal.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
As a Caps fan this is really hard to decide. It would suck moving on from Fehervary but at the same time, the price is very fair. I'd propably lean towards yes, given i like the potential D options much better @ 10 rather than @ 17.

Good proposal.
Yeah and from my perspective making it I had to really consider if I'd be willing to pay that much, which made me think I was pretty on the nose on value.

BondraEra

Jun 6, 2010
Yeah, this is fair. Would possibly see if they’d take Aube-Kubel instead of Malenstyn but I can’t quibble much with that offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad