Injury Report: Larkin out approximately 2 weeks

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's more about the romance of the thing than the hard reality. Yzerman gets a lot of reverence for only playing with one team and being the longest serving captain. Crosby is pretty much a lock to beat that.

Yeah, but Yzerman had successful team, which went to the playoffs all those last 15 seasons he played until retirement.

Crosby is going nowhere with current Pens core. Every season from now on will be worse, and they were out already at last year.

They will rebuild, and it's very odd if Crosby will be part of those years. Biggest organizational favor Crosby could do, is demand a trade and get some future incentives for the team, to rebuild around.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Crosby in a Detroit sweater? What the hell is wrong with you people!?
Hear me out... It wins you a Stanley cup.

How wild would it be to watch Patrick Kane, Sydney Crosby raising a cup with a Winged Wheel on. I don't like the idea but man. Good story.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

How wild would it be to watch Patrick Kane, Sydney Crosby raising a cup with a Winged Wheel on. I don't like the idea but man. Good story.
Except that I don't see that roster winning two rounds, let alone four.

I'm very happy with the progress this season, both on the roster and with some key prospects. But Detroit is multiple pieces away from truly contending for a championship... AND THAT'S OK.

If there's a move that improves the team both now and long term, by all means do it. But now is not the time to go all in with short term boosts, versus staying the course and letting the kids keep learning.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

I'm very happy with the progress this season, both on the roster and with some key prospects. But Detroit is multiple pieces away from truly contending for a championship... AND THAT'S OK.

If there's a move that improves the team both now and long term, by all means do it. But now is not the time to go all in with short term boosts, versus staying the course and letting the kids keep learning.
I would like to see a trade for someone like Mittelstadt, who is within our age range and can still improve, and would cover for Larkin's absence. Not so interested in any over-30 guys.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Well Dr. Faustus, the cup is hardly a guarantee, and I am not even sure Crosby would put us into contender status anyway.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

I agree.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

honestly, I would hate it, but it would piss off waaaay more people than how much I would hate it so I'd be okay with it lmao.

Can you imagine? Not just CHI or PIT fans, the entire hockey world would absolutely hate it lmao.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I would like to see a trade for someone like Mittelstadt, who is within our age range and can still improve, and would cover for Larkin's absence. Not so interested in any over-30 guys.
someone watched onnyquist's youtube video....lol

If you did and that is where you are getting this, that video was wildly out of touch. He was saying Kaliyev from LA for berggren and a pick I think. That would be insane and cause a semi-riot on here if it happened.

----------------

I don't think we go after Larsson as some people have thought of (i think) because he just took a head first into the boards last night, so who knows how he is feeling today

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
someone watched onnyquist's youtube video....lol

If you did and that is where you are getting this, that video was wildly out of touch. He was saying Kaliyev from LA for berggren and a pick I think. That would be insane and cause a semi-riot on here if it happened.

----------------

I don't think we go after Larsson as some people have thought of (i think) because he just took a head first into the boards last night, so who knows how he is feeling today
I don't watch YouTube videos, that's a waste of time. I usually look up rumors of whose available and watch videos of their play to see if I think they could fit.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
We have been lucky with injuries this season.

Isn't Fabbri a center?

I think this is a good test for the team. Some players will have to step up and some will get a chance.
My foster dog totally Fabbried on me.

Everything is sprinkles and happy barks until about 3 weeks ago - she's outside running the short fenceline like a little madgirl like she does, does a hard turn and YELP! Get her to the vet for x-rays - yep - torn ACL, right rear leg.

She's a foster so I can't just bundle her to my vet and get a surgery appointment, and the gears of shelters grind exceedingly slow, so I've got her on limited mobility, no more freestyle in the back yard for a couple weeks. SHe's improving as much as an occasional tripod-dog can improve.

I unclip her one night after midnight so she can go take a Marc Crawford in the corner of the yard, and I'm around the corner of the house because of the wind, and I hear another YELP! I dunno what happened, maybe my big galoot doggo ran into her, but she comes back favoring the OTHER leg.

Just got her x-rayed again yesterday and - her LEFT rear leg is blown too - same thing - torn ACL.

Poor little ink spot is out for the season, and we're figuring out whether to do both legs at the same time or one after the other. Woof.

fabmox.jpg

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
2 weeks puts Larkin out 6-7 games.

Colorado
Arizona
Vegas
Buffalo
Arizona
Buffalo
Pittsburgh

I think it’s possible to be at least 0.500 in this stretch. No game will be easy and they’ll have to find a way to steal 7 points.

I’m also hoping this is the catalyst for a defense trade. Because the wings are too damn close to give up on the season and I want that message to be sent to the players by Yzerman getting reinforcements.
the only ones that should scare us is one of the buffalo ones and colorado. All the others are very winnable regardless if larkin is in or not. This is a great time for him to get some R&R

Reactions: dalem177

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
not sure if this was said or not but lalonde said this morning in the press conference that larkin is out "minimum 2 weeks". So it's not like he will come back next week even though Lalonde said larkin would be re-evaluated after this road trip...interesting.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
not sure if this was said or not but lalonde said this morning in the press conference that larkin is out "minimum 2 weeks". So it's not like he will come back next week even though Lalonde said larkin would be re-evaluated after this road trip...interesting.
If he comes back sooner it'll be because we are pissing the season away and he will play on one leg.

Hopefully he can just take the time needed and we don't do the bad thing.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
If he comes back sooner it'll be because we are pissing the season away and he will play on one leg.

Hopefully he can just take the time needed and we don't do the bad thing.
do we know what exactly it is? I didn't see the play that it happened. I noticed he was gone for awhile before they decided to say something about it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
My foster dog totally Fabbried on me.

Everything is sprinkles and happy barks until about 3 weeks ago - she's outside running the short fenceline like a little madgirl like she does, does a hard turn and YELP! Get her to the vet for x-rays - yep - torn ACL, right rear leg.

She's a foster so I can't just bundle her to my vet and get a surgery appointment, and the gears of shelters grind exceedingly slow, so I've got her on limited mobility, no more freestyle in the back yard for a couple weeks. SHe's improving as much as an occasional tripod-dog can improve.

I unclip her one night after midnight so she can go take a Marc Crawford in the corner of the yard, and I'm around the corner of the house because of the wind, and I hear another YELP! I dunno what happened, maybe my big galoot doggo ran into her, but she comes back favoring the OTHER leg.

Just got her x-rayed again yesterday and - her LEFT rear leg is blown too - same thing - torn ACL.

Poor little ink spot is out for the season, and we're figuring out whether to do both legs at the same time or one after the other. Woof.

View attachment 830030

Maybe your dog is related to Kevin Nash? He couldn't move 3 feet without pulling a quad.

Wait if we are a garbage team, why is there a Leaf on the ground? Shouldn't it be in the bin also?

• Haha
Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad