Injury Report: Larkin out approximately 2 weeks

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I think the term used was "at least two weeks" Which could mean the injury could keep him out longer. If we were ripping off wins right now, I don't think he would be back until 100%. But the Wings need him back to save the season. Tough thing to do if you are still banged up.

Of course with hockey injury secrecy, it is hard to tell.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
This team really needs another bonafide top 6 center. I think Yzerman can still be somewhat patient and at least see what he as with Danielson and Kasper in training camp.

If one of those guys isn't at least knocking on the door next fall Id hope Yzerman will get aggressive mid season and add the best center available. Im not sure who that will be next year but it is time to address this hole in the next 10 months.

(FWIW I do think Danielson can be that guy even if he isn't there yet.)

Reactions: 13to40 and wings95

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Any news?

IMG_7897.jpeg

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Sounds like unlikely for Thursday based on what Ken said during the game last night.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
We're not getting past the first round and I would rather not have Larkin sustain and permanent injury so wait until he is 100%
That's like a 35 year old saving themselves for marriage. At some point this team needs to make the playoffs. Unless they have a whirlwind offseason, they're probably not making it far next season either. They lack too many pieces to contend for a Stanley Cup.

Steve Yzerman played on a bum knee during the 2002 playoffs. Kurt Angle won the Gold Medal with a broken freakin' neck.

Larkin is being paid $8.7 million per year. If he can suck it up and play, he should.

If his playing hurts the team, then he shouldn't play. That's difficult to believe considering how putrid the other centers are.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
How exactly did you reach that conclusion from 20 seconds of nothing burger footage?

It wouldn't surprise me if he's out another game or two. But being certain of it from that video is like guaranteeing the career of an NFL prospect just based on the combine.
Just throwing it out there,

I did have an argument on twitter last year about pacioretty with an actual devils reporter lol. There was literally 7 seconds of video and it was his first team skate after achillies surgery+rehab. The way he was making his turns, it was just so obvious that his foot was completely not healed at all and they were rushing him or he was rushing himself. So I just said looks like he has another month or something because that edge-work is terrible. He said that I know nothing because he hasn't been skating for months and that's why he looked (in my words not his) like an elephant trying to skate for the first time.

Long story short, I went back and forth a lot (like 7 responses each) with this guy and i think he just wanted to unload on someone for "not knowing hockey" or something. Turns out, 2 days later, they put him back on the IR because of his foot. The guy then blocked me when I said, sucks when you don't know edge work in hockey huh?

All this to say, I think he looks ginger when he is skating. It doesn't seem like a "walkthrough" type practice so the way he is moving around makes it seem like he is tense or has some apprehension cutting to his left. He moves to the right pretty well, so gotta be left side. If it is truly a lower body, I think he has a high-ankle sprain on his left ankle. Had that twice before and its debilitating.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah I think it was right before/during the scrum at the end of the game with Florida? But I don't remember hearing anything else.
Had to be with florida, obviously. I am just trying to remember what happened. He wasn't in any of the main scrums, he was mainly just cancelling someone else out from getting into the thick of it.

They didn't even show him going to the locker room, leaving gingerly, or anything. Honestly, at one point, it seems like ken forgot larkin wasn't there and just said oh looks like larkin is not coming back tonight or whatever. I do skip through commercials and intermission, so if it was said during those times then hand up on that one.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Did Red Wings dominate the worst eastern team last night or they just got lucky. This team going nowhere this season and needs to get rebuilt 😭
While you aren’t wrong about how last night went.

The team still currently sits in the second wild card position. If they win their games and use last night as a building block, they can actually, finally make it back in to the playoffs.

This would be huge for the development for all the younger players who desperately need it.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
While you aren’t wrong about how last night went.

The team still currently sits in the second wild card position. If they win their games and use last night as a building block, they can actually, finally make it back in to the playoffs.

This would be huge for the development for all the younger players who desperately need it.
Hope you're right and I'm wrong

• Love
Reactions: 13to40 and Realgud

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Did Red Wings dominate the worst eastern team last night or they just got lucky. This team going nowhere this season and needs to get rebuilt 😭
My comment is more of a finally understand you.

You (sometimes) literally sound like an old dog that drank too much and is just in doomsday mode while laying on a couch because sitting in a chair would be too much effort.

I'm not knocking it, I respect it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad