Injury Report: Larkin out approximately 2 weeks

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
This is actually great timing. This forces yzerman to make a decision. Does he want us in the playoffs this season or not? With Larkin out and 4 days of trade deadline left, it forces him to make a trade for a top 6 forward that could possibly play center or has a good history of doing so in the top 6. I think we still make the playoffs because of the teams chasing us just not going to catch up with how they are playing, so that just leads us to shoring up our depth even more and adding a top 6 center/winger................................who could be traded from our farm team................................yep you guessed it.

View attachment 829166

the smirk on his face makes me laugh lol
What’s David Legwand up to these days?

• Haha
Reactions: Steve91

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
what horrible timing. right in the thick of a playoff push and right before the TDL. wtf does Yzerman do now.
1. Pull a Vegas, hide Larkin on LTIR, acquire a legit top-six center, hope for the best?
2. GIve up and sell
3. Hold serve and hope for the best, very good chance of missing the playoffs with nothing to show for it.
Comedy 4th option: Trade for Erik Karlsson and play him at 1c.

Larkin being out is one of the surest ways to miss the playoffs, our center depth is pretty bad.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
1. Pull a Vegas, hide Larkin on LTIR, acquire a legit top-six center, hope for the best?
2. GIve up and sell
3. Hold serve and hope for the best, very good chance of missing the playoffs with nothing to show for it.

Larkin being out is one of the surest ways to miss the playoffs, our center depth is pretty bad.
All these options suck!!! I feel like option 3 is whats going to happen though.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
What's the point? We don't have to put Larkin on LTIR to save cap.
We might if Yzerman was thinking of trading for other players and now also needs to figure out how to deal with Larkin being out.

It kind of depends on what Yzerman's plan for the rest of the season was.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
2. GIve up and sell

Trade for Crosby.

• Wow
Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Trade for Crosby.
I've heard rumblings that Pittsburgh might look at moving Crosby, and Yzerman was apparently one of his favorite players and he has a lot of respect for him. His respect for Yzerman tells me he probably wants to finish his career in Pittsburgh and will invoke his NMC if necessary. Crosby deserves the chance to finish his career in Pittsburgh if he desires.

It's an interesting situation. Does he want to be Yzerman or does he want to play for Yzerman?

Crosby makes 8.7 and could be brought down a bit with retention. The question is, what would it take to get him if he was available? Probably more than any of us (or Yzerman) would be comfortable with. Two firsts for a 36 year old with an injury history? That's risky.

A better option may be Buchnevich. He has apparently had success at C but blows at faceoffs.

The thing is, if you want to shore up C through trade, you might as well go whole hog for the playoffs and get a D as well or you are just wasting assets. I don't think Yzerman wants to go that far.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I've heard rumblings that Pittsburgh might look at moving Crosby, and Yzerman was apparently one of his favorite players and he has a lot of respect for him. His respect for Yzerman tells me he probably wants to finish his career in Pittsburgh and will invoke his NMC if necessary. Crosby deserves the chance to finish his career in Pittsburgh if he desires.

Crosby makes 8.7 and could be brought down a bit with retention. The question is, what would it take to get him if he was available? Probably more than any of us (or Yzerman) would be comfortable with. Two firsts for a 36 year old with an injury history? That's risky.
Crosby, isn't going anywhere

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

It's an interesting situation. Does he want to be Yzerman or does he want to play for Yzerman?

A better option may be Buchnevich. He has apparently had success at C but blows at faceoffs.

The thing is, if you want to shore up C through trade, you might as well go whole hog for the playoffs and get a D as well or you are just wasting assets. I don't think Yzerman wants to go that far.
stopped reading after the bolded

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I think Yzerman might also need to seriously start looking at how to manage a roster with a 1c who is already building a significant history injury. Larkin needs some C depth to back him up. We can't be relying on Veleno\Copp to play top-6 minutes for 8-13 games a season.

Reactions: DatsDeking
Those who are referring to the Hockey Gods are absolutely right. But this was not unwarranted. It is the due punishment for the arrogance and smugness that has crept up wthin our community over the last 2 weeks. We had multiple idiotic comments of the "We are pretty much a lock"-variety. I can't remember all the names, but I hope those who thought this way remember! Where are you now? f*** you very much btw.

This is not dolphin therapy. Injuries almost derailed our season once. And those who know this sport were the ones who were cautious in their outlook for the last quarter of a season. Only positive is that he may only miss 5/6 games.

f***

Reactions: 14ari13 and Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA