Post-Game Talk: Laine Gets 40 Not Enough - Flyers 2 Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You’re wrong if you’re putting it all on Wheeler, Little and Perreault also struggled today. Wasn’t just Little, but he did contribute his share or more.

Never said that it was all Wheeler. Just that Wheeler’s own struggles are Wheeler’s own fault and not someone else’s like some want to suggest.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
They did nothing to Maroon for plastering Morrissey and they'll nothing to Manning. They are more concerned about slashing a guys stick out of his hands or lightly tapping his gloves.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I don't know. I would hope they league will look at that slash and at least fine Manning if not give him a one or two game suspension.

It's strange... the league was supposed to be cracking down on slashing this season and yet the refs let a blatant slash to the back of the knee/calf go unpenalized. Maybe they weren't watching little and manning at that point?

I will be disappointed if there is not some sort of punishment...

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't know. I would hope they league will look at that slash and at least fine Manning if not give him a one or two game suspension.

It's strange... the league was supposed to be cracking down on slashing this season and yet the refs let a blatant slash to the back of the knee/calf go unpenalized. Maybe they weren't watching little and manning at that point?

I will be disappointed if there is not some sort of punishment...

Especially if Little misses any time because of it.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
They did nothing to Maroon for plastering Morrissey and they'll nothing to Manning. They are more concerned about slashing a guys stick out of his hands or lightly tapping his gloves.

The Maroon hit wasn’t really anything more then a 2 minute penalty though. Those do happen at times.

With regards to your second sentence, it certainly seems that way. And it’s a load of bull shit.

Reactions: 204hockey

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Who’s excited for Laine vs Ovechkin???

I can already picture how on every possible break during that game there will be Laine and Ovie hype hype hype. On today's game's Winnipeg feed they pretty much only talked about Laine all the time, even before the goal.

Caps' home game. Funny if Laine takes the reins over there and keeps the lead til the end. That would really be like passing of the torch.

Reactions: Jets2point0

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Never said that it was all Wheeler. Just that Wheeler’s own struggles are Wheeler’s own fault and not someone else’s like some want to suggest.
That is true. He’s been a little off recently no doubt, with Scheifele or without.

That’s why strong play from Stastny’s line and Little’s line, with Perreault and Roslovic, is so important and kept us rolling. Once Lowry is back, even more scoring and defending options.

Reactions: Ippenator

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That is true. He’s been a little off recently no doubt, with Scheifele or without.

That’s why strong play from Stastny’s line and Little’s line, with Perreault and Roslovic, is so important and kept us rolling. Once Lowry is back, even more scoring and defending options.

Seems to just be part of the ups and downs of a long season. I’m sure Wheeler will get back going again soon. I’m mostly concerned with our health. Losing Little would hurt a lot. He is still extremely dependable defensively even without the offense.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Well Laine did take a nasty slash at Voracek for the hit on his buddy Ehlers. This team likes and defends one another. Little slash was subtle and now they’ve seen it I’m sure there will be a Hendricks or Lowry or Chiarot challenge for Manning next time they meet.

Reactions: Ippenator

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Well Laine did take a nasty slash at Voracek for the hit on his buddy Ehlers. This team likes and defends one another. Little slash was subtle and now they’ve seen it I’m sure there will be a Hendricks or Lowry or Chiarot challenge for Manning next time they meet.

Voracek even cross checked Laine up high too. Dirty shit like that with your stick is some of wh worst shit you can do IMO. Basically assault.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
when you consider Lowry, Scief and half the defence was missing we did pretty well.

Overall the team looks tired. Really looking forward to clinching and resting guys.

Caring even less about home ice advantage. Health is a higher priority.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Voracek even cross checked Laine up high too. Dirty **** like that with your stick is some of wh worst **** you can do IMO. Basically assault.

Also a couple of scums around Helle where the Flyers were pitchforking at his pads, would like to see the Jets start to drop some of these guys doing this.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
when you consider Lowry, Scief and half the defence was missing we did pretty well.

Overall the team looks tired. Really looking forward to clinching and resting guys.

Caring even less about home ice advantage. Health is a higher priority.

Tired or is there something going through the room, that stuff spreads quickly in the locker room environment.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So we now have #1 in goals and #1 in assists :D

JNmjlp9.png

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Trouba
Enstrom
Kulikov
Lowry
Scheifele
Mason
All out...big chunks of your key people.
We still keep winning and Philadelphia just hung on.
I think we’ll be just fine.
Home stretch is tough another step in our learning curve.
GJG
I appreciate your attitude. I was pissed about the loss because I’m not used to losing! We’ll be fine especially as the wounded return.
This has been a magical season.

None

Feb 22, 2012
A couple GIFs:
Laine's 40th

The Ehlers trip that I saw getting called a dive elsewhere, so I included it. Need to click this one.

The slash on Little from the regular angle that shows enough of the play to say that Little did nothing to prompt the slash.

The post game replay and Little obviously in a lot of pain.

PS: The media plugin the new forum has is neat. No longer need to type the BBCode and it integrates well enough that it chooses which encoding quality you get based on the platform you're on. (But there's a limit of 3 per message apparently)

Edit: Reorganized so that both the clips of Little getting slashed are visible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Se829ne

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Also a couple of scums around Helle where the Flyers were pitchforking at his pads, would like to see the Jets start to drop some of these guys doing this.

No kidding. Hell they've done it to us. Teams keep pushing the envelope and at some point we’re going to break and some team is going be on the wrong end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad