Post-Game Talk: Laine Gets 40 Not Enough - Flyers 2 Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's interesting we really haven't lit up another team for awhile. Yes we just won the last three but two of them were very close. Just saw St. Louis won 7-2 we haven't done that in a real long time.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Notwithstanding that slash which was BS, it seems that which ever line Brian Little plays on the offense kind of dies. It's not crazy to point that out...

Laine has scored 70% of the goals on the this roadtrip. I am so conflicted about how great this is but also a statement that the team as a whole isn't doing well atm.

Reactions: Marre

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Lines are a scrambled mess and we're off a bit -
D is actually doing better than I thought considering.

I hope the Little bashing stops - he's not a first line center. And he will be fine on the 2nd once all 3 skaters on that line get back on track (yes, all 3 are not playing well - unless that's also Little's fault.

I really look forward to our centers returning so that we can nail down are lines as we approach April - this is a really bad time for us to be shuffling due to injury.

Reactions: thereturn and Jet

folix

Jul 24, 2011
When coaching is required this team will struggle. It doesn't take a high hockey I.Q. to see that we were far far better with wheeler at center on the first line then forcing little there.

But pomos solution? Demote Conner lol.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
When coaching is required this team will struggle. It doesn't take a high hockey I.Q. to see that we were far far better with wheeler at center on the first line then forcing little there.

But pomos solution? Demote Conner lol.
Wheeler was better with Lanie do you really want to break Lanie's line up just because Little can no longer handle top minutes. Tho Roslo Wheeler and Connor would be nice.

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
So we now have #1 in goals and #1 in assists :D

JNmjlp9.png

More surprised by William Karlssons +38

Reactions: Ippenator

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
No one really knows because for some reason the media failed to even ask PoMo about the slash after the game.
Thanks
Afternoon game is bad for me here.
Its 2AM.

That was intentional. Hope he is ok
This injuries cant go on forever.
Otherwise
Wheeler Laine and Ehlers will need to go SUPERSAIYAN

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
when you consider Lowry, Scief and half the defence was missing we did pretty well.

Overall the team looks tired. Really looking forward to clinching and resting guys.

Caring even less about home ice advantage. Health is a higher priority.

I would like to see some of the other Central division teams (i.e Nashville and Minnesota) get saddled with a bunch of injuries like we have.

:jets

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Considering our injury situation I think we’re doing darn good.

I’d like to see Nashville keep their nonstop winning up without their #1 and #3 centres, their #1, #4, and #5 defence and #2 goalie all out , most of them for months at a stretch. It’s a real testament to the depth and resilience of this squad that we’re even still in the playoff hunt let alone comfortably in second in the ridiculous Central Division.

Reactions: thereturn

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Moral of the story - when you only score 1 goal- expect to lose 95 % of the time- where are our scorers besides Laine ??- like Ehlers, Connor, Wheeler, Perrault, Myers, Buff, Little, Stastmy--all invisible. Maybe time to send Perrault down to the 4th line again-or Connor. They seem to do well there, and it shakes up the team a bit.

Jet's have got to get their scoring act together !!!

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Moral of the story - when you only score 1 goal- expect to lose 95 % of the time- where are our scorers besides Laine ??- like Ehlers, Connor, Wheeler, Perrault, Myers, Buff, Little, Stastmy--all invisible. Maybe time to send Perrault down to the 4th line again-or Connor. They seem to do well there, and it shakes up the team a bit.

Jet's have got to get their scoring act together !!!

Lots of guys are cold but this also underscores the need for Lowry. Without the Tanev/Copp-Lowry-Armia line to shut down opponents’ top line, our matchups are all messed up and this impacts scoring. Lowry’s importance is so underrated and his absence is starting to tell more and more IMO. We have enough talent to get by without but we’ll desperately need him in the playoffs. I sure hope he’s healthy.

Reactions: thereturn

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Looks like we'll be playing for 2nd place this season. If Minnesota wins tonight it'll be only 4 up with some tough games to come.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
That slash on Little was pathletic ... total BS. The NHL caters to the US teams ... if Buff did that it would have been a five minute major and game and suspension.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Just watched the game I think voracek push on ehlers was dangerous and dirty shlda been a penalty and littles slash n back of leg was dirty but I guess that happens a lot during a game just caught him in a bad spot

Didnt think the jets played bad at all really the threads made it seem they sht the bed lol

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wheeler has to stop the long shifts , there was at least 3 times he was so tired he was just standing in one place . Manning is a dirty POS , i hate when stuff like that happens and we don't get to play them again this season . The team looked tired to me , we need to get healthy soon .

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Looks like we'll be playing for 2nd place this season. If Minnesota wins tonight it'll be only 4 up with some tough games to come.
I would not worry about the Wild. They have 2 easy games left all the rest are against playoff teams or teams fighting for the last playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad