Afternoon games not our forte eh?

Laine scores again...

tenor.gif

What a guy...

Go :jets Go

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Moral of the story - when you only score 1 goal- expect to lose 95 % of the time- where are our scorers besides Laine ??- like Ehlers, Connor, Wheeler, Perrault, Myers, Buff, Little, Stastmy--all invisible. Maybe time to send Perrault down to the 4th line again-or Connor. They seem to do well there, and it shakes up the team a bit.

Jet's have got to get their scoring act together !!!

They are saving it for the playoffs... ;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Sorry off topic but I can't find the Jets vs Panthers Finland pre-game thread.
Looking for some more info on the ticket sales on Monday.
I've been advised that it's being done on the Live Nation Finland site.
Upon reviewing that site it's almost entirely in Finnish and my language skills beyond English are near non existent.

Anyone know the details?
Can I get a translator?
Any help for a poor GDT employee? ;)

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I see the Oil beat Minnie. :thumbu:

I also see Ovie didn't get any goals tonight so that nicely sets up the showdown between him and Patty on Monday night. :thumbu: :thumbu:

Lastly, anybody know which reporter asks PMo one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard (at 3:00 mark)?

Reactions: 204hockey

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Meh, kind of saw that game coming, team has been in disarray with all the lineup changes, guys in and out, flying in hours before games. Yet for as off kilter as they were, they only lose 2-1, on a reviewed goal. As much as it drives some people crazy to admit, games like this happen, especially under these circumstances.

I hope Little is ok, he's a great player and a really important one for this team, especially as the playoffs draw nearer. He's struggling offensively right now but the negativity from some about him is pretty clueless, nothing to take seriously really.

Scoring is the last thing to worry about with the Jets, a couple guys will break out of their funk. It's just ups and downs, that's why everyone doesn't score 30 goals a year, it's actually hard. Getting healthy is the only real concern.

Happy for Laine, wow 40 and counting. Loving how he's playing right now, and what I'm liking doesn't have anything to do with linemates. Will be extra exciting down the stretch to watch the Jets lock up a home playoff series and watch Laine try to win the Rocket and possibly get 50.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Here's a clue, they don't . Little is far from terrible, love the hyperbole though.

Did you happen to watch the Jets v Flyers game today? If you did how could anyone logically come to the conclusion that Little was anything but rotten!

First couple season of Jets 2.0 and everyone said Little was really underrated, I agreed. Starting last season and now this season Little is in full blown decline and it's not pretty, now find it hard to have anyone could disagree on this point!

Reactions: Ippenator

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Did you happen to watch the Jets v Flyers game today? If you did how could anyone logically come to the conclusion that Little was anything but rotten!

First couple season of Jets 2.0 and everyone said Little was really underrated, I agreed. Starting last season and now this season Little is in full blown decline and it's not pretty, now find it hard to have anyone could disagree on this point!
Sorry Sip, just typical hyperbole. Little is not terrible, which is what you said.

Write him off if you like, I'm not. If I had a nickel for every player you prematurely wrote off, I'd have............a lot of nickels.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Looks like we'll be playing for 2nd place this season. If Minnesota wins tonight it'll be only 4 up with some tough games to come.

Edmonton did us a favor by knocking off Minnesota 4-1. The Wild remain 6 points back of the Jets. Minnesota has to play Nashville twice during their remaining games. If the Wild win one or both of them, the Jets can possibly gain ground on the Predators and if Minnesota loses one or both of them it will be harder for the Wild to catch Winnipeg. Either way I'm sure glad there are only 14 games left in the regular season for the Jets. It's been a tough grind to worry about them earning enough points to qualify for the playoffs since the Central division has been so competitive this year. :eek:

:jets

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
Sorry Sip, just typical hyperbole. Little is not terrible, which is what you said.

Write him off if you like, I'm not. If I had a nickel for every player you prematurely wrote off, I'd have............a lot of nickels.

Yes, i agree. Little-Wheeler was a good pairing in this game, Connor didn't played well. Perreault was little bit better, but i don't know. Should PoMo try Armia-Little-Wheeler as a 1st line? I mean Roslo and Connor were ice cold. Ehlers shoul play more simplier game, he was good tho but little more straightforward game would be better. Game is just going to be a more tougher and winning is getting more difficult.

I would say that Chiarot/Myers/JoMo were good, Poolman was quite bad. Tanev was good, so was whole Statsny-line.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
when i heard pre game that enstrom was out again i knew we'd hit critical mass on the injury front and were going to lose this one. The nutso chaos of our line-up the past couple games has to be having an effect on cohesion. We need some guys to come back and stay back, this is ridiculous!

But, Laine with 40 goals and 14 games left is just amazing! Like holy crap...what a season he's having. He could hit 50 without really having to do anything too shocking. Chevy must fall asleep every night with that famous grin on his face.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Cold now better than an eleven game streak and then cold in playoffs!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
when i heard pre game that enstrom was out again i knew we'd hit critical mass on the injury front and were going to lose this one. The nutso chaos of our line-up the past couple games has to be having an effect on cohesion. We need some guys to come back and stay back, this is ridiculous!

But, Laine with 40 goals and 14 games left is just amazing! Like holy crap...what a season he's having. He could hit 50 without really having to do anything too shocking. Chevy must fall asleep every night with that famous grin on his face.
I agree but maybe Chevy isn't sleeping knowing how much it's going to cost to sign Laine . :laugh:

Reactions: Ippenator

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Enstrom injuries are getting out of hand , when he is healthy and in the lineup we are a better team but i think the Jets have to let him go for next season . He is just too brittle and i don't think that is going to get better as he gets older .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
At least I have the good sense to avoid this place following a loss. But my God what a melt down. How are some of you ever going to handle a long playoff run? There will be some loses along the way and we won't look our best every night. Nice to see the Wild lost. Laine and Ovie tied at 40 goals should add a little drama to Monday's game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Enstrom injuries are getting out of hand , when he is healthy and in the lineup we are a better team but i think the Jets have to let him go for next season . He is just too brittle and i don't think that is going to get better as he gets older .

Myers has missed allot more hockey at this stage of his career than Enstom ever did. He’s the guy that worries me as far as the Fragile Frankie factor going forward.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
At least I have the good sense to avoid this place following a loss. But my God what a melt down. How are some of you ever going to handle a long playoff run? There will be some loses along the way and we won't look our best every night. Nice to see the Wild lost. Laine and Ovie tied at 40 goals should add a little drama to Monday's game.

We only need to win four out of every seven games. We won't go 16-0 but I guarantee once we lose one the sky will be falling hard.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

It’s mind numbing isn’t it. Shit kicked by injuries again this season and cruising to 2nd place in our division and a playoff spot but what does the big picture have to do with it. Yea the Jets have looked less sharp on this road trip but honestly it doesn’t matter.

Save some fingernails to chew off for when the games become meaningful again when the playoffs start.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
We only need to win four out of every seven games. We won't go 16-0 but I guarantee once we lose one the sky will be falling hard.
Injuries or not we are keeping pace.
Imagine if Nashville wasn’t on this wonderful point streak right now...we’d be right there and kudos to the Predators for their streak.
I don’t think we are in a terrible place right now.
We are finding ways to win with a depleted roster.
I’m guessing most of the injured players should be back in time for playoffs.

Reactions: kanadalainen

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It’s mind numbing isn’t it. **** kicked by injuries again this season and cruising to 2nd place in our division and a playoff spot but what does the big picture have to do with it. Yea the Jets have looked less sharp on this road trip but honestly it doesn’t matter.

Save some fingernails to chew off for when the games become meaningful again when the playoffs start.
In all honesty I don't mind us not being perfect down the stretch. And with all the injuries other players are getting games in and roles further up the lineup. I wouldn't be surprised by some further line juggling as we approach the playoffs as injured players start getting back in. Also expect guys like Little, Buff and Wheeler to get the odd day-day injury to help keep them fresh. Everyone is nursing something at this point. Keep your fingers crossed we hit the playoffs just as we get the full lineup back in place.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Myers has missed allot more hockey at this stage of his career than Enstom ever did. He’s the guy that worries me as far as the Fragile Frankie factor going forward.

I thought Lowry had a lock on this year's Jesse Lumsden Trophy* but it's hard to ignore Mason's strong late season push for it. ;)

* Awarded to the player who best exemplifies the ability to get re-injured shortly after returning from injury.

Reactions: KingBogo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad