Post-Game Talk: Laine Gets 40 Not Enough - Flyers 2 Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
B2b which game does Hutch get
With the injuries, illness, and that game being the second of a back to back, I'd play Helle in the Washington game and try to give ourselves the best chance to win that one. Hutch in for Nashville.

I guess I'd rather the injuries now than during the playoffs but it still sucks when fighting for positioning.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
More of the same malaise that has been on display in this road trip. I am sure @Gm0ney will post the stats that he is tracking but I think the Jets have won the Corsi and the xG battle in the same game like once in the last 6-7 games. That is not good.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
More of the same malaise that has been on display in this road trip. I am sure @Gm0ney will post the stats that he is tracking but I think the Jets have won the Corsi and the xG battle in the same game like once in the last 6-7 games. That is not good.

Doesn't worry me.

We're missing Trouba Enstrom and Kulikov. Myers has not thrived with the extra minutes. With healthy D we'll be much better. Once we get Scheifele and Lowry back I would think that might have a positive impact

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Doesn't worry me.

We're missing Trouba Enstrom and Kulikov. Myers has not thrived with the extra minutes. With healthy D we'll be much better. Once we get Scheifele and Lowry back I would think that might have a positive impact

Agreed. Hopefully nobody reads 2 far in to this one today... Tons of injuries and a Noon start time.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If Little and Roslovic are down and Scheifele and Lowry aren’t ready, who do we have left?
Hendricks and Stastny?

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Little... What is up. Not just the injury but... Hes been really bad for really long now. Some people can pull the wool over their eyes and refuse to see it but... Hes been brutal.
Yep. Played with Laine and Ehlers made them both look bad. Had a few good games with Frenchy and Roslo (good games cuz other 2 guys were driving the line), Matt and Roslo cooled down and line disappeared, playing with Connor and Wheeler = same story. The worst part is PoMo has done nothing about it, usual veteran-like treatment.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Why was there a 12 noon start today

Is there a Snoop Dogg concert tonight?

FYI, The 76 ers are on the road

hockeyisforkids

Dec 3, 2009
The Wild will be 2 wins back of us after tonight. And we have some very tough games upcoming.

Home ice advantage against Minne is definitely in jeopardy.

Look at their sad . Home ... Avs,Kings, Nashville, Boston,Dallas,Edmonton.. Away.. Edmonton,Vegas Nashville,Dallas, Anaheim, Kings, Sharks. They have one easy game and thats against the Coyotes.. They will be lucky to hold off Dallas never mind pass us.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I agree that Little has been playing quite poorly this season and not fitting in well with this team.

All other years he has been fantastic.
It is super weird.

Little... What is up. Not just the injury but... Hes been really bad for really long now. Some people can pull the wool over their eyes and refuse to see it but... Hes been brutal.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Why was there a 12 noon start today

Is there a Snoop Dogg concert tonight?

FYI, The 76 ers are on the road

If it was an evening start it would have been a HNIC game. Sportsnet only gets to choose 22 per year. They passed on this one.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Good for 29 to get 40 goals but I'm a little worried about injuries and lack of goals. Flayers just wanted this one more I guess. On to next one.

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Yep. Played with Laine and Ehlers made them both look bad. Had a few good games with Frenchy and Roslo (good games cuz other 2 guys were driving the line), Matt and Roslo cooled down and line disappeared, playing with Connor and Wheeler = same story. The worst part is PoMo has done nothing about it, usual veteran-like treatment.
PoMo is excellent with youngsters but it really seems that he can’t handle vets. If any younger player would perform like Little there would be consequences.

In the end at 6-5 there was Laine wide open and couple of vets tried something, god knows what..

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
I don't care who we play......anything close to

Connor Schiefele Wheeler
Ehlers Stastny Laine
Perreault Little Roslo
Tanev Lowry Armia
Copp Dano Lemieux Mattias Hendricks Petan

Morrissey Trouba
Enstrom-Buff
Kulikov Myers Charoit
Morrow Poolman

Helly Hutch

Will be to much for whomever we face. Start resting key guys and make sure the third fourth fifth liners are ready to go.

Reactions: larmex99

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Seriously though, since when is it ok to cross check someone face first into the boards or injure someone with a two hander to the back of the leg?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
More crapping on Little even though Wheeler couldn’t handle the puck today. But yeh blame Little for Wheeler not playing well. :facepalm:

Wheelers been pretty consistenly good this year.. Little has been hot garbage. Blake gets the benefit of the doubt cuz hes carried this team on his back at times this year... Little has not.

Reactions: Ippenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->