Post-Game Talk: Laffs 1 Jets 0 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Listing to Leafs post game interviews and Sheldon felt they played a solid game.

They remind me so much of us under Maurice. Oblivious to the fact they sucked and their goalie is absolutely the only reason they were even in that game, let alone winning it.

They are not a very good team, 4 of our top players missing and we basically owned them for the majority of this game.
That's what a win does. Changes the whole narrative. I was reading leafs forum and the whole game they were saying how terrible their team is. Goal and the win and changed the whole outlook.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
two game straight loses doesn’t feel good
so accustomed to feel winning streaks.
Glad for all star break coming.
Just hope the wheels don't go flying off post-all star break like last year. I don't think they will, things feel different with this team, but once burnt twice shy. That fear will be at the back of my mind until they win a series in the playoffs.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Just hope the wheels don't go flying off post-all star break like last year. I don't think they will, things feel different with this team, but once burnt twice shy. That fear will be at the back of my mind until they win a series in the playoffs.
I hear you. Same thing happened to 18-19 Jets
The wheels fell off after great start
I think it up to coaching staff to keep the players accountable and play hockey again after their all inclusive vacation

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
For as much as I see so many people around here love to stroke Ehlers for his defensive play, I haven’t seen such a lazy play on the Matthews goal since Wheeler left town. Don’t worry Nik it’s just Auston Matthews maybe someone else will play defense while you float around waiting for someone else to get you the puck.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012

It was this trio that was on the ice for the goal against. Bowness' OT roster decisions infuriate me. Quit playing to not lose OT.

Who is Cody? Why does anyone care about his tweets?

I wish Dillion as still out there when the goal was scored, no doubt he would have been shoulder to shoulder with Matthews instead of being on the wrong side of the puck hoping it would go the other way.

Reactions: KingBogo

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
For as much as I see so many people around here love to stroke Ehlers for his defensive play, I haven’t seen such a lazy play on the Matthews goal since Wheeler left town. Don’t worry Nik it’s just Auston Matthews maybe someone else will play defense while you float around waiting for someone else to get you the puck.
I've never thought Ehlers was good defensivel;y, just not as bad as some other forwards.
I think both Volare and Perfetti are better defensively.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
This team is slowly winning me back. If they continue to play this way and get everyone healthy they are pretty good. They are talented and playing solid D should produce quite the playoff team.

Need to address the 2C and #2 D and not just rentals.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This team is slowly winning me back. If they continue to play this way and get everyone healthy they are pretty good. They are talented and playing solid D should produce quite the playoff team.

Need to address the 2C and #2 D and not just rentals.
If the Jets pick up a good 2nd line center and Namestnikov is our 4th line center that's very deep.:nod:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

:laugh: 2 series. Anybody can win one.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who should be the 1C with Scheifele out? They do not have one. Chevy knows what must be done but can it be?

He needs to consider how much longer is Scheifele going to be out. With the break coming up it will probably be only 1 more game.

That said, we need a 2C anyway.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This game cements the fact that hockey gods do not exist.

We dummied them for most of the game, completely dominating them in all zones. We did not allow them to breath with the puck, forcing TO all over the place. It was beautiful to watch.

If hockey gods existed they would never have allowed this outcome.

Just the opposite. This outcome proves there are hockey gods and that they are not benevolent. They are malicious tricksters who delight in frustrating the fans.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I mean, it's still a smart play because it's rather trivial to show that a 2-on-0 has a higher expected value than a 1-on-0 :P I don't know exactly how the Hockey Gods work but I like to think they had Leggio's back on that penalty shot.

:laugh: They should have awarded a 2 man penalty shot.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Disagree. The flow of events is solely on pionk.

Reactions: hn777 and Jets 31

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
This game cements the fact that hockey gods do not exist.

We dummied them for most of the game, completely dominating them in all zones. We did not allow them to breath with the puck, forcing TO all over the place. It was beautiful to watch.

If hockey gods existed they would never have allowed this outcome.
Or they said let’s set them up to beat a decades old record and are punishing them for messing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad