Post-Game Talk: Laffs 1 Jets 0 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Those are very, very tender. A strong gust of wind can hurt.:laugh:
I'm very familiar with how tender they are. That's why it surprises me that players invest so much in protecting their head and elbows and hips and knees, but leave their goodies largely at risk.

Reactions: Stumbledore and GNP

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Those are very, very tender. A strong gust of wind can hurt.:laugh:
BMX gooseneck... just the faintest of contact = 🤮

The past few games have given a glimpse into what life would have been like had many posters around here gottwn their way and we traded Schief and started a rebuild... now imagine had we gotten rid of Helle too
According to their numbers, Bro > Helle. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm very familiar with how tender they are. That's why it surprises me that players invest so much in protecting their head and elbows and hips and knees, but leave their goodies largely at risk.
Cups can only protect so much from a shot from the puck. They can reduce most of the damage, but no piece of equipment is 100%. Players get concussions all the time wearing the best helmets available.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The first time I saw the replay, I thought maybe the puck hit Jomo off-centre on on thr hip bone (ASIS)... The way he jumped around after being hit is unusual for a nut-shot... usually that's an immediate drop, double over, and writhe in agony

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
When Sip's away the Jets just don't play!

1706224900958.png

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Leafs are brutal. You see why they get bounced out in the first round. I was quite shocked with how poorly they played.

Also see how important Scheif is to this team, as with any 1c. Could get away with Connor out, can't get away with no scheif. Bet this is an eye opener for Chevy to add a 2c as well.
Very good post and I totally agree,that the center ice position is vitally important. We did great with Connor out of the lineup, and would have done fine as well if it was Ehlers out. You have to keep control of center ice, and with Scheifle out this is starting to show. I think Chevy needs to make a deal for a great young 2nd line center by giving up futures to a team that's rebuilding. I really like Casey Mittelstat from Buffalo, as he's about 23 yrs old, and only making about $ 2,.5 mil per year, and he's really starting to produce. He's a restricted ( RFA) I believe, and we'd have a good chance to resign him. You gotta give to get, if you want somebody good. This means that Lambert and Chibrikov, and maybe McGroarty would have to be available, plus some 1st round picks. Just remember, this would put us in win now mode, and we'd have a team set with young guys, for the next 6 years or so. I'd make this kind of deal if I was Chevy, rather than trading for some old guy, that has a "limited" future, and may not fit in with the chemistry of the team.

Reactions: kylbaz

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For some of us the cups just aren't big enough either....:laugh:

May I suggest using your hockey helmet for the usual cup protection area and just swap out your cup to the other head on top of your shoulders to protect the brain area. Nature usually only blesses guys with one large cup area of the two. It may look a bit funny but if the shoe fits! :sarcasm:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
:laugh: They should have awarded a 2 man penalty shot.

In the AHL they now kick the goalie out of the game as well as give a penalty shot; the NHL just calls it an automatic goal if it happens on a breakaway. Crybabies :P

A two-man penalty shot would be a hell of a thing to see. Throw out two pucks as well, goalie's gotta stop 'em both :P

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Scheifele, JMo and Volare aren't playing on Saturday I'd move Kup and Sammy up a bit...

Perfetti Names Ehlers
KC Kup Nino
Iafallo Lowry Apples
Barron Toni Axel

Dillon DD
Samberg Pionk
Heinola Schmidt

Helle LB

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If Scheifele, JMo and Volare aren't playing on Saturday I'd move Kup and Sammy up a bit...

Perfetti Names Ehlers
KC Kup Nino
Iafallo Lowry Apples
Barron Toni Axel

Dillon DD
Samberg Pionk
Heinola Schmidt

Helle LB
Why not lol

Get the blender out. Can't get any worse

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Also, because I talked about one of my favorite rules that needs a patch, and since the game featured a 2 man breakaway on Ilya, allow me to shed a tear of warm memories for David Leggio, who will play goal on my "All-Time Mad Genius" team.

He knows exactly what he did, as you can see when he points directly to center ice, and he's the only one that knew what was going on, as both the refs and the commentators were very confused. And yes, both the AHL and the NHL immediately patched their rules after this happened. As did the DHL when he did the same in Germany :P

He didn’t even try to hide the fact he was shoving the net off.! Lol

Reactions: AlphaLackey

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Why not lol

Get the blender out. Can't get any worse
lol I wouldn’t you guys repairing my house or cars. You don’t ripped out the engine when your brakes don’t works or tear down the walls when you door doesn’t close.
There is no reason to change all the lines sure switch a couple of guys around but not all of them.
The Jets had lots of chances to score sometimes they go in and other times they don’t.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad