Post-Game Talk: Laffs 1 Jets 0 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd just like to take a look at Kup with some more talented players.
I am actually not opposed to that idea. There is something about his play that oozes potential and I think it is a worthy experiment to have him with Ehlers and Connor. I normally would not think that is wise but in his case I think there are multiple potential benefits

Reactions: AlaskaJet

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I am actually not opposed to that idea. There is something about his play that oozes potential and I think it is a worthy experiment to have him with Ehlers and Connor. I normally would not think that is wise but in his case I think there are multiple potential benefits
Either am I - nothing to lose really and it would be interesting to see

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the AHL they now kick the goalie out of the game as well as give a penalty shot; the NHL just calls it an automatic goal if it happens on a breakaway. Crybabies :P

A two-man penalty shot would be a hell of a thing to see. Throw out two pucks as well, goalie's gotta stop 'em both :P

2 pucks. Literally loled.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
So it wasn’t “Solely on Pionk”, which is what make you sound bias.

Ehlers saw Matthews and let him go by him to the net with just a little Patrick Liane waive of the stick.You can’t do that. it’s Not a stretch. You can’t ignore the leagues #1 goal scorer and allow him to go anywhere he want unchecked in OT. that’s what happened. Make as many domino excuses as you want for Ehlers, it was a bad look. I’m not saying it was “solely on Ehlers”, but for a guy who is constantly given credit as great defensively because of the spread sheets it was awful effort.

I have no doubt in my mind he would have turned On the Jets if there was a turn over and he was on offense.

Perhaps you would like me to admit to some kind of intrinsic bias, and thats not going to happen.

We may be squabbling over minutiae in words and meanings here. Hockey plays are sequential. If the first guy in the sequence doesn't make the pass, then the play fails no matter what the others do.

Probably best that we simply disagree, brother.

cP6E0v8.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Really? I routinely thank god that my nuts are still ok.
I've always frowned upon most of the terminology. Nuts and Junk and Eggs and all sorts of strange names seem so disrespectful, even when I slip into the same shorthand. I mean, testicles are amazing things when you look at what they do and how vulnerable they are. Granted, I don't own a set, despite several suggestions online that I "grow a pair", so I don't have the dismissive familiarity that boys do. But still.

Okay, even I'm starting to see how ridiculous I sound so that's the end of this discussion from me.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Called it.

I've always frowned upon most of the terminology. Nuts and Junk and Eggs and all sorts of strange names seem so disrespectful, even when I slip into the same shorthand. I mean, testicles are amazing things when you look at what they do and how vulnerable they are. Granted, I don't own a set, despite several suggestions online that I "grow a pair", so I don't have the dismissive familiarity that boys do. But still.

Okay, even I'm starting to see how ridiculous I sound so that's the end of this discussion from me.
James and the giant peaches?

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Called it.

James and the giant peaches?
Twig and berries?

You don't have a pair hanging from the rear view mirror of your car, like a trophy?:D

Reactions: Jet and Inanna

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Get him out there with him to maybe get him a goal and "pop his cherry" as it were, and maybe thefloodgates will open.

Kupari and barron need to see some time higher up in the lineup and I A Fello and AHLappleton need to slide down for a bit.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Kupari at 1-C would allow us to see if there is a racehorse in the guy..fast linemates for him could be crazy wild to watch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad