Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
At this point the biggest obstacle facing the Rangers is the two week layoff they’re going to have between series

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
'Canes got goalie'd.

Outshot Rangers 47-25 and lost 3-2.
I still see the same issue I’ve seen for years. A lot of volume…very little finishing talent. They do this all season against all kinds of goalies…but the 0-15 on the PP this series isn’t going to bail them out

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Rangers sweeping the Capitals was expected.

Rangers sweeping the Hurricanes would not be. They've been the better team the entire series.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
New York has won three one goal games. In one they had 2 PP goals to Carolinas 0. In the other 2 they scored a shorthanded goal while Carolina scored zero on the PP again.

You can go as deep as you want to…but you really don’t have to.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Benn is a dick but that was a good no call behind the net

I'm actually shocked, I thought Benn went high and it was extremely predatory. I guess strictly by the book it could be interpreted as clean, but Benn's intention isn't to separate Toews from the puck, his intention is to try and separate his head from his body.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm actually shocked, I thought Benn went high and it was extremely predatory. I guess strictly by the book it could be interpreted as clean, but Benn's intention isn't to separate Toews from the puck, his intention is to try and separate his head from his body.

Remember several years back when that punk nearly put Jack in a wheelchair with an absolutely filthy hit from behind that drove him headfirst straight into the boards?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Absolutely predatory. Elbow was tucked in/down, looked like bicep of Benn point of contact to the head. Wasn’t going for the puck at all. Benn had Toews whole chest to target with the hit and gotten the same result with a cleaner and just as devastating hit. There was no need to come at that angle for the hit.

Not a fan of this hit at all. With the wheel of justice of discipline this league has, I expect no consequences. I’m not sure if this hit would meet any of their thresholds, to consider a review in the playoffs. If this was regular season maybe a game or two would be handed down.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

(Whispers) Lindy out-couched Gallant in the playoffs one year ago and everyone laughed at us for hiring him

Literally nobody outside of the Sabres fanbase cares the Sabres hired Lindy, let alone cares enough to laugh at us.

Most of the laughter came from Sabres fans laughing at the “coaching search” they performed or at least said they did while it being obvious Lindy was the hire. The laughter came from the Sabres going back to the nostalgia well again.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Literally nobody outside of the Sabres fanbase cares the Sabres hired Lindy, let alone cares enough to laugh at us.

Most of the laughter came from Sabres fans laughing at the “coaching search” they performed or at least said they did while it being obvious Lindy was the hire. The laughter came from the Sabres going back to the nostalgia well again.
Seems like most Sabres fans are fine with the hire. We also don't know the extent of the search, and I'd say it's not worth getting worked up over something we'll never be able to confirm. Regardless, Lindy at least fits the mold of what they need. Whether or not that works out is anyone's guess.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Absolutely predatory. Elbow was tucked in/down, looked like bicep of Benn point of contact to the head. Wasn’t going for the puck at all. Benn had Toews whole chest to target with the hit and gotten the same result with a cleaner and just as devastating hit. There was no need to come at that angle for the hit.

Not a fan of this hit at all. With the wheel of justice of discipline this league has, I expect no consequences. I’m not sure if this hit would meet any of their thresholds, to consider a review in the playoffs. If this was regular season maybe a game or two would be handed down.

Why does it matter he wasn't going for the puck? Looked like a textbook hit to me.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

The on ice officials reviewed the hit for a major penalty, and deemed there was no infraction on the play. It's not against the rules to hit someone hard, you were taught as a kid to drive your hit through the opposing player

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

You should try listening to some hockey podcasts instead of dealing out absolutes that are “literally” incorrect.

Such a weird thing to post when it’s flat out wrong…but you felt like you had to anyway.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If Carolina gets swept:

The last six times they’ve made the playoffs, in the series they’ve been eliminated in they’ve won 5 games combined.

They went to 7 games once. They’ve gotten swept 3 of them. 4-1 and 4-1 the other two

Huge goalie diff in rangers/carolina series
Not really. Igor has played well but Carolina is just spamming shots from the outside. Igor will gobble those up all day, making life easy for the Rangers.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If Carolina gets swept:

The last six times they’ve made the playoffs, in the series they’ve been eliminated in they’ve won 5 games combined.

They went to 7 games once. They’ve gotten swept 3 of them. 4-1 and 4-1 the other two

Not really. Igor has played well but Carolina is just spamming shots from the outside. Igor will gobble those up all day, making life easy for the Rangers.

I wonder if this is a lack of adaptation on Brindy's part - a lot of the series have lower number of shots but still a lot of quality chances. Teams are looking for the best chance instead of just winging things on net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad