Player Discussion: Kyle Connor : Lady Byng Winner

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed, except to me “zero edge” always sounds so much like “zero compete”.
How about zero road rage or zero “lose it” or zero melt-down or is “zero edge”
really what you would tell him to his face?
Just wondering…

I didn’t mean for it to imply zero compete. Jean Beleveau was really competitive I mean they don’t have that physical edge to their game that can lead to penalties. Both exceptionally clean players.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Not to mention his playoffs performance historically, especially scoring is pretty decent and aligns with some pretty big names in hockey.

Some people are just delusional
He has one of the biggest drops in regular season ppg vs PO's among the group of top scoring wingers in the nhl. Granted, a couple points can sway ppg either way. However, overall I think we needed more out of him the PO's in previous series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack7222 and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I wonder if Connor can score, 50 goals in 50 games ? Tough to do, but he has the talent to do it.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Also - timing was at least good. Week off around Christmas and jets bye week late January take away 2 weeks and likely 6 to 8 games that would have been played without him. Early Feb return is such a better result than him being out for the year, which is what I’m sure many fans were thinking watching the hit live.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Also - timing was at least good. Week off around Christmas and jets bye week late January take away 2 weeks and likely 6 to 8 games that would have been played without him. Early Feb return is such a better result than him being out for the year, which is what I’m sure many fans were thinking watching the hit live.
totally. 6 weeks at this time is best possible outcome.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Have the Jets made any player movement yet? It would be interesting to see if any of the Moose’s offensive players could fill in, or at least compensate for someone else being bumped up.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Replacing a player that has scored 20 % of the teams goals is going to be difficult but I think this years team is better suited to having some players pick up the slack. No sure if they bring someone up from the Moose just yet

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Have the Jets made any player movement yet? It would be interesting to see if any of the Moose’s offensive players could fill in, or at least compensate for someone else being bumped up.
Skate news:

Brad Lambert and Nikita Chibrikov were skating. So were Dominic Toninato, Kristian Reichel, Jeffrey Viel & Jeff Malott meaning any of the players who were seen as potential recalls were all on the ice for the Moose. With San Jose being a bit more difficult to get to it would make sense the Jets might simply have that player fly directly to L.A. to meet the team where they conclude their four-game road trip tomorrow night.

Reactions: roccerfeller

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I'm happy it wasn't worse.

Same here.
phew.

Skate news:

Brad Lambert and Nikita Chibrikov were skating. So were Dominic Toninato, Kristian Reichel, Jeffrey Viel & Jeff Malott meaning any of the players who were seen as potential recalls were all on the ice for the Moose. With San Jose being a bit more difficult to get to it would make sense the Jets might simply have that player fly directly to L.A. to meet the team where they conclude their four-game road trip tomorrow night.
I would much prefer to see Lambert or Chibrikov called up

But I understand if the Jets are thinking about promoting up the line up (Vilardi to top line, iafallo or Barron to second and someone else who is called up to fourth) and decide on someone else, and keep giving lambert and chibrikov top 6 mins in the A for development

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
untwistableknee.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad