Player Discussion: Kyle Connor : Lady Byng Winner

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I totally agree, and if I was the Jets, I'd be calling up Lambert and Chibrikov. Both of these players have 18 points in 20 games, and both have 7 or 8 goals. Both are NHL fast and great stick handlers. I don't buy they need more development time, as either you can score, or you can't. It's eye hand coordination.

Bedard for Chicago is only 18 or 19 years old, and is their top scorer I believe. Call these guys up -- we need scoring, and if they can't cut it, then send them back down. I'd very much like to see this done. Why do you have a farm club ? it's to develop talent for the big club, when you need players. We can't afford to go on a losing streak.

I’m hoping some guys on the current roster can step in with some goals. Lambert had some stunted development already best to let him simmer in the AHL. We have a very good 5 v 5 system. Getting the PP going will do wonders.

Bedard is a generational talent.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I’m hoping some guys on the current roster can step in with some goals. Lambert had some stunted development already best to let him simmer in the AHL. We have a very good 5 v 5 system. Getting the PP going will do wonders.

Bedard is a generational talent.

To be clear: I am not going to argue Kyle Connor being out is a good thing.

What I will say, is that with him out, it will provide a trickle down of more minutes for a lot of good-to-great better two way players we have.

Our scoring will take a big hit which sucks. I think he has scored 20% of our goals...

But we will likely be even stronger defensively with Ehlers, Vilardi and Nino all getting more minutes.

We lose his scoring, but also gain back some of the trade offs we take with him playing against other top lines.

Will only make the team stronger when he returns, especially if we can add some middle of the lineup depth while he is gone.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Team has been solid since Connor left.

You think he paired back with sheif when he gets back or will they try a different combo?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Team has been solid since Connor left.

You think he paired back with sheif when he gets back or will they try a different combo?
the ehlers-scheifele-vilardi trio has been unreal. i do expect them to regress since they're rocking a 8.7 GF/60 (on 4.8 xGF/60) and a 19% SH%. but even regressing by 50% will still them scoring at a pretty high clip. id hope they keep it together though.

connor-names-perfetti as a 2nd line id go with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad