Player Discussion: Kyle Connor : Lady Byng Winner

The Hobgoblin

Sep 6, 2011
It bothers me how many great players recently are being attacked, no other way to say it, out on the ice and the refs and the league are doing nothing. KFC is deliberately hit with the intent to injure. And it worked. That bastard gets a game misconduct and one of the best goal scorers in the entire league is out 6-8 weeks.

I was watching the Red Wings game and I thought Larkin was dead on the ice. It was that scary. A cross check to the back of the neck?? I like Larkin and the Red Wings and I was ready to go through the tv to get that guy.

The Blue Jacket alternate captain, his name escapes me right now, gets boarded hard and the refs reverse Cozens penalty.

Where is the justice in this? When Tom Brady got hit low and missed an entire season the NFL immediately banned low hits to QB. They protect their elite players. The NHL needs to do this.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Toninato and AJF aren't even particularly good at the AHL level. But...........I guess it doesn't much matter if they are in the press box.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
One of them will be playing if they go 12/6, no?
Stanley is 6'7", so I heard. They can just cut him and half and use whatever half they feel is appropriate on a game to game basis.:D

Unless the Jets are going to try and acquire a F via trade to me when you lose a scorer like KFC you want to bring up someone who if they were 6 feet away from Lake Winnipeg with a bag of pucks could at least get some of them wet. Neither Fjalby nor Toninato are that guy. I know the expectation is that the rest of the lineup needs to kick it up a notch but that was not on display against San Jose a game we really can't afford to give away like we di, regardless of who is injured. And we didn't lose that game because of Croissant. More responsible for that loss was a player who really should never be in our lineup. I don't think we could trade him if every team in the NHL lost two D to injury in their very next game. Waive him and let the chips fall where they may. Bring up Capo and a Moose F who has some offensive skill.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Stanley is 6'7", so I heard. They can just cut him and half and use whatever half they feel is appropriate on a game to game basis.:D

Unless the Jets are going to try and acquire a F via trade to me when you lose a scorer like KFC you want to bring up someone who if they were 6 feet away from Lake Winnipeg with a bag of pucks could at least get some of them wet. Neither Fjalby nor Toninato are that guy. I know the expectation is that the rest of the lineup needs to kick it up a notch but that was not on display against San Jose a game we really can't afford to give away like we di, regardless of who is injured. And we didn't lose that game because of Croissant. More responsible for that loss was a player who really should never be in our lineup. I don't think we could trade him if every team in the NHL lost two D to injury in their very next game. Waive him and let the chips fall where they may. Bring up Capo and a Moose F who has some offensive skill.
I don't disagree. I'm happy to see Barron get a chance, but he's not the top 6 answer, either.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hope it's 6 rather than 8 - End of Jan would be nice.
Has he ever missed this much time before at anytime in his career? I think he'll be chomping at the bit to get back on the ice -
All star weekend is the 1st weekend in February so they might be able to use that to buy some time. The Jets are off from January 27 until Feb 6, so I'm hoping shortly after that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As always, I'm trying to find a positive here

Missing 20 games will mean KFC is fresh for the playoff push....

That's all I got lol
The year we went to the conference finals Scheifele missed 22 games mid season and was an absolute beast in the playoffs that season. As long as our scoring doesn't dry up too much, we should be able to weather the loss of Connor for a couple months.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
This is going to force the Jets to develop some scoring from other players
We are not going to win much games with 1-2 goals only

Reactions: GNP

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Yup

If the jets respond well and become a complete team over the next 20 games - when kfc comes back they will be an absolute force come playoffs. Great point to another poster that brought up 55 being out the year of the conf final run. Adversity at this time of year can really build character.

Could be a big positive in this whole thing - assuming they respond well - which is a big if!

If we assume kfc will miss 21 games, what do we define success as 14-7? 11-10?

We are 0-1 so far.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I totally agree, and if I was the Jets, I'd be calling up Lambert and Chibrikov. Both of these players have 18 points in 20 games, and both have 7 or 8 goals. Both are NHL fast and great stick handlers. I don't buy they need more development time, as either you can score, or you can't. It's eye hand coordination.

Bedard for Chicago is only 18 or 19 years old, and is their top scorer I believe. Call these guys up -- we need scoring, and if they can't cut it, then send them back down. I'd very much like to see this done. Why do you have a farm club ? it's to develop talent for the big club, when you need players. We can't afford to go on a losing streak.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
....and stirs it with his knee....he's very adroit at that.
I agree with Bones, he flicked his knee out and back very quickly, but it can only be seen from one angle ...off the left side of the net. It appears to be an angle not shown any more by the NHL......How's that for conspiracy theory. I saw it on the first replay and then never again.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad