Kucherov shoulder to the head hit on Vatanen (upd: no supplementary discipline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
While Doughty's hit may have impacted Carrier's head more, I don't think the difference between the two hits is "no hearing" and "1 game suspension".

If this was not disciplined, Doughty should have just been fined at worst.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
This devils fan has no issue with the decision to not suspend. It doesn’t change the fact that Kucherov is a dirty player who knows he doesn’t have to answer the bell. Like I said previously, he will get his.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This devils fan has no issue with the decision to not suspend. It doesn’t change the fact that Kucherov is a dirty player who knows he doesn’t have to answer the bell. Like I said previously, he will get his.
LMAO, get a load of this guy.
As for answering the bell?
He'll fight if he has to, even if its not his strong suit.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
LMAO, get a load of this guy.
As for answering the bell?
He'll fight if he has to, even if its not his strong suit.

Oh wow dropping the gloves with the big bad Trevor Daley who had what, a whopping 3 fights total? What a warrior!

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
What more do you want? Kucherov isn't an enforcer. Should he be fighting guys like Lucic? Give me a break.

I don’t want anything, I just said he’s a dirty player. I spent many years watching Scott Stevens, I understand there is a place for hitting in the game. What I don’t have time for is the little wannabe tough guys like Kucherov and Zuccarello.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don’t want anything, I just said he’s a dirty player. I spent many years watching Scott Stevens, I understand there is a place for hitting in the game. What I don’t have time for is the little wannabe tough guys like Kucherov and Zuccarello.

That hit on Vatanen certainly didn’t seem like a “wannabe tough guy” hit.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Say it all you want. Doesn't make it true.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Ah yes, Scott Stevens. The role model for clean hits.

Reactions: Rgani1488

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Nothing for a hit where a play launched himself and the principle point of contact is shoulder in the cheek? Add it to the lawsuit that will bury this league.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
What about my post is wrong? Take into mind that I use the term launch in the same context as the league use upward motion and not using a different term for Charging.
You said the principle point of contact is the cheek. Its not, its his body.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If that's the case then most players in the NHL are dirty.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Dirty hit where the head was the primary point of contact, this should be a suspension. This hit is almost identical to the Doughty hit on Carrier.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Those wannabe tough guys are actually tough. Zucc is 5'7" on a good day and won't back down from anyone. That is the definition of tough.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

So according to your logic, no player should hit unless designated as a fighter. Sound logic there.

Enjoy the bubble you live in. Please don't leave it anymore.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Looked like a clean body check to me. Drove through the body, you're allowed to make contact with the head if it's not the principal point of contact. Kucherov clearly caught Vatanen squarely in the chest.
From the rulebook:

In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:
(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad