Kucherov shoulder to the head hit on Vatanen (upd: no supplementary discipline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It's really amazing how many people willfully ignore the rulebook and the DoPS explanations and then complain that there are inconsistencies.

Take the time to learn the rules, rather than just complaining about how something makes you feel
how are we quoting the dops as gospel then turning around every week arguing about how they botched the call? do you honestly think the dops hasn't missed a single call ever?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
This Jersey fan doesnt

I guess I kind of just made your statement false then. Althought thats what happens when you generalize.

Oh goody a pedant. Just what this series needed.

Several Jersey fans, on HF boards, Twitter, Facebook, and elsewhere are calling for the Devils to specifically go out and injure Kucherov. Better? Does that satisfy?

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017

Several Jersey fans, on HF boards, Twitter, Facebook, and elsewhere are calling for the Devils to specifically go out and injure Kucherov. Better? Does that satisfy?
Well then those fans are just salty as shit

Id rather root for Tampa to lose next series like most fans do. Now I will say if Kucherov did get hurt Id be happy that it helps Tampa lose, but i dont wish harm on players unless they did something really scummy

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
how are we quoting the dops as gospel then turning around every week arguing about how they botched the call? do you honestly think the dops hasn't missed a single call ever?
We're arguing about it every week because people are stupid.

There are obviously borderline hits. Rules are defined and you have to decide what happened within fractions of an inch and within millimeters. There are tough calls. But I don't think it's fair to say they have "missed" any.

The Doughty hit was a clear cut suspension.
This was not even close.

When half of the discussion from fans on every hit is about the "first" or "initial" point of contact or being "blindside", I'd say its completely unfair for those people to criticize the DoPS or say that they got the call wrong.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
you're posting a gif to make a point about his skate being on the ice and the critical blade is literally out of frame.

all i see in this gif is a hell of a lot of shoulder pad to chin

I changed the gif where it's not out of frame the whole time. But it was in the frame at the moment of hit on that gif as well so I doubt there's a point in arguing since you clearly made up your mind already about this hit. There was a shoulder to chin indeed. After the hit to the body. If Vatanen was ready he would've turned his head away from the Kuch's shoulder not towards to it. So it's kinda on him. I feel for the guy tho and understand NJD fans frustration.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Another angle. Vats head snaps pretty badly. I think it should have been 1 game but oh well.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA

I totally disagree with them. But as a Devil fan, who thinks it was a clean hit, saw that the Devils had plenty of opportunity to hit Kucherov in retaliation(cleanly I might add) and other players and never did. They had opportunites to take the body and didn't. it was tampa that was clearly out hitting Jersey and had a few huge hits in the third period on differnet players that are usually reserved for Lovejoy.

Reactions: Stammertime91

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I totally disagree with them. But as a Devil fan, who thinks it was a clean hit, saw that the Devils had plenty of opportunity to hit Kucherov in retaliation(cleanly I might add) and other players and never did. They had opportunites to take the body and didn't. it was tampa that was clearly out hitting Jersey and had a few huge hits in the third period on differnet players that are usually reserved for Lovejoy.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Kucherov hasn't taken more of a beating. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Just a bit surprised.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Soft, small euro with little to none awareness of his surroundings is a bad combination in the NHL play-offs. In europe you get away with it just fine because there's no hitting, and players are small and soft, but in the NHL you easily end up having a short career, life and a shitty future sitting in dark rooms to avoid head aches.

FallsForItEveryYear

Jun 26, 2007
no suspension is the correct call. Kucherov delivered a full body check and the small amount of head impact was incidental. but since we are pointing out inconsistency in the DOPS lets add the Pastrnak 2 game suspension as evidence

Reactions: tny760

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Agree here. Nothing wrong with the Devils retaliating on clean hits with clean hits. Wasn't opposed to Boyle and the player whose name I can't remember giving Kuch the business in his next shift. And God knows TB is putting the body on Hall at every single opportunity.

Familiarity breeds contempt. It's the nature of the playoffs. But that's what makes it fun to watch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Soft, small euro with little to none awareness of his surroundings is a bad combination in the NHL play-offs. In europe you get away with it just fine because there's no hitting, and players are small and soft, but in the NHL you easily end up having a short career, life and a ****ty future sitting in dark rooms to avoid head aches.

...He got hit by a small, soft Euro player. :p

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
no suspension is the correct call. Kucherov delivered a full body check and the small amount of head impact was incidental. but since we are pointing out inconsistency in the DOPS lets add the Pastrnak 2 game suspension as evidence

You know what, as I've been defending the DoPS non stop.... I forgot about this one. I honestly don't know what is wrong with this hit.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You know what, as I've been defending the DoPS non stop.... I forgot about this one. I honestly don't know what is wrong with this hit.
let me assure you it's not the only one, and especially not the only one if you're counting hits that didn't even get hearings

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
NHL suspensions are becoming a joke...literally guessing if and how many games now. Kadri gets 3 which I don't agree with but whatever I accepted it now look at this...0 games for Kucherov and only 1 for the cross check on Staal? Just a f***ing joke

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
He clearly made a contact with Vats body at this moment but I guess it's just one more proof that some people see the same things absolutely differently. Kinda like this white and gold/black and blue dress thing from a few years ago. It's fascinating. And most people are absolutely sure they are in the right and the other side is either blind or trolling.

Pretty good hit. Poor Doughty, if he was just a little bit early with his hit maybe Kings would have scored 4 goals in the series instead of 3 :sarcasm:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So one of the most skilled players blasts someone with a clean open ice hit and it isn’t a good thing anymore?
What happened to “he really is the full package”

Man hockey “fans” want to ruin the game so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad