Kucherov shoulder to the head hit on Vatanen (upd: no supplementary discipline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D22

Apr 19, 2018
Don’t be such a “canucklehead.” Lol. But I’m all seriousness this seemed like an intent to injure to me, and it’s why I believe he should be suspended 5 games. His behaviour has been bad this series
How was this intent to injure one of the best hockey hits I've seen in a while.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

mlzy

Feb 7, 2009
Because Kucherov isn't wasting his time with your scrubs. If you want to get some revenge send one of your top players at him and Hall is really the only one you got.
That's exactly why he is the MVP...MVP...MVP

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am very surprised they did not suspend.

Doughty's looked worse but both were head hits.

I guess just being a superstar isn't enough to be suspension-proof in the playoffs, you have to be a superstar on a true contender.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
I was wrong about suspension which NHL fans can probably relate to recently. he was head hunting just made chest contact first.
he never hit the shoulder as you could see Vatanen's shoulder numbers through the whole hit.
Regardless President Parros thinks otherwise. This was a bs call. I understand principle point of contact, but rule needs to be
changed then as players squeak by with dirty head shots by brushing a shoulder or hitting upper chest as they launch through
the hit and make a head hit.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
you cant just lift off with your feet like that. im not sure its suspension worthy but its a penalty.
Agreed. It should have been a penalty.

But in that game, even with that incident, the Devils still had many more pp opportunities than the Bolts did.

I am very surprised they did not suspend.

Doughty's looked worse but both were head hits.

I guess just being a superstar isn't enough to be suspension-proof in the playoffs, you have to be a superstar on a true contender.
Russian bias. :sarcasm: Is that a thing we're gonna start now???

Reactions: TampaWantsTheCup

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Would you guys like the NHL to adopt women's hockey rules? To be a non-contact league? Because that is the vibe I am getting.

Get a grip. This hit was clean and should be celebrated.

(No offense intended to women's hockey at all - just used as a reference to make my point as it is non-contact. Lots of respect for the women that represent hockey)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
NHL has spoken, 24 pages of posts here so everyone has spoken here. I think we can move on and focus on next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->