Kucherov shoulder to the head hit on Vatanen (upd: no supplementary discipline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
What secrecy? The DoPS announces if a player will be having a hearing and what the result of that hearing is. They don’t publicly announce why players don’t receive hearings, never have. Though the individual teams involved receive explanations that often are leaked to the media.

I'm aware. I'm suggesting they should.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't know what you're talking about...
Just curious, are you aware of what a "false equivalency" is? Just asking...

Are you aware what is - benefit of doubt/presumption of innocence/innocent until proven guilty means? Obviously not.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017

As well as you are not familiar with another simple concept - you have to educate yourself.

So the main point of this whole discussion:
Your request to NHL to educate you for free looks arrogant at least.

Last edited:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Kucherov hit was the exact same type of hit as doughty and hartman. Kucherovs hit was worse than doughty's. Doughty and Hart get 1 game and so should Kuch.

Its not like a 1 game suspension would be super detrimental to the TBL at this point anyways, but the hit warranted a 1 game suspension based on the previous 2 suspensions.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I've been extremely impressed with the DOPS these playoffs. Can't fault them for any of their decisions. Doughty with 1 game, Kadri with multiple, and Kucherov with 0, just as one would expect.
Great job.

The same, I pre-predicted the same 3 suspensions at DOPS. just went by recent ones since Parros, took over, and by what he said, he will go hard on non hockey plays,

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
As well as you are not familiar with another simple concept - you have to educate yourself.
So your request to NHL to educate you for free looks arrogant at least.

Uh, yeah, no. That results in people believing jet fuel can't melt steel beams or US presidents were born in Kenya...

The NHL DoPS is the only expert in this field. They are the only authority on this topic. Therefore, they're responsible for educating. They don't have to, obviously, I'm just suggesting it's both in their best interests as well as something they should be able to do with little effort.

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
LOL, by people you mean the refs, correct?
Literally, the rules state that Vatanen cannot be hit because he still has the puck...he can only be hit immediately after someone else touches it...

"The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession. "

it's been a long day so decent chance my comprehension sucks right now because it seriously sounds like you're trying to say that a player with the puck cannot be checked...that he can only be checked after somebody else takes possession.

or what am I missing.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, yeah, no. That results in people believing jet fuel can't melt steel beams or US presidents were born in Kenya...

The NHL DoPS is the only expert in this field. They are the only authority on this topic. Therefore, they're responsible for educating. They don't have to, obviously, I'm just suggesting it's both in their best interests as well as something they should be able to do with little effort.

The Police is the only authority on the topic of serial killers. It is their best interest explain to me how is that you are not in jail. I am just suggesting that it is their best interest to explain to me how is that 6 billion people who all looks like a serial killer are not in jail.

Oh wait, no. It is actually my responsibility and the best interest to educate myself and go deep into details to understand the reasons of that police decision. And I should stop annoying the people of Earth with this stupid request to educate me about everything that is not a real crime and just look to me like a crime. I have to work on my educational level myself.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Maybe im missing something.

Can you or somebody else who agrees with the non-suspension tell me why Doughty's hit is dirtier?

Read back through the past half dozen pages in this thread. There are lots and lots of posts addressing the question you’re asking.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
The Police is the only authority on the topic of serial killers. It is their best interest explain to me how is that you are not in jail. I am just suggesting that it is their best interest to explain to me how is that 6 billion people who all looks like a serial killer are not in jail.

Actually, they're not. Legal experts, lawyers, judges and others are expects as well. In fact, I'd argue they're more authoritative experts than police.

This is why your police analogy is a false equivalency...

Oh wait, no. It is actually my responsibility and the best interest to educate myself and go deep into details to understand the reasons of that police decision. And I should stop annoying the people of Earth with this stupid request to educate me about everything that is not a real crime and just look to me like a crime. I have to work on my educational level myself.

How?

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, they're not. Legal experts, lawyers, judges and others are expects as well. In fact, I'd argue they're more authoritative experts than police.
This is why your police analogy is a false equivalency...

You should try the concept of simplification. Oh wait, you cant. It is too complicated. :sarcasm:

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
you cant just lift off with your feet like that. im not sure its suspension worthy but its a penalty.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Are going to prove that you are not a serial killer? Or I call the police.

Keep with that false equivalency, even after I explained in detail why it was flawed.

Oh, wait, that's too complex for you. Perhaps we should "keep it simple, stupid". :sarcasm: :dunno:

Jan Ludvig

Feb 13, 2010
I’m not too surprised that there was no suspension. Not surprised that we didn’t retaliate-it’s the playoffs with too much at stake. If there is going to be payback, do it next year in the regular season, if you think you need to. The thing that I hate is the inconsistency with this league. If this isn’t worth a suspension, then neither is Doughty’s hit. The one thing I can say for the Bolts though, if you guys play the Penguins down the line and that same hit is put on Crosby, Kucherov will be out for the rest of the the playoffs. Lol

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
To me you look exactly like a serial killer. Same two legs, same two hands, 1 head, 1 nose, 2 eyes. Help Police, I caught a serial killer! Put him in jail!

Police, explain to me how is that he is not in jail. And also other 6 billion people with 2 hands, 2 legs and 1 head are not in jail. I see they are look exactly the same as a serial killer!
Serial killer of bad jokes?

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Keep with that false equivalency, even after I explained in detail why it was flawed.
Oh, wait, that's too complex for you. Perhaps we should "keep it simple, stupid". :sarcasm: :dunno:

Good news, dude. I have just had a conversation with Gary. I was told that NHL is going to satisfy your request and explain to you all clean plays that happened.

So lets calculate it roughly: 80 games * 3600 seconds of each game * 20 players per team * 30 teams = 172 800 000 episodes.
Say 1 minute of explanation for each episode gives us: 172 800 000 * 1 minute / 60 minutes / 24 hours / 365 days = 328 years.

It looks like you need to have 328 years of free time on this weekend.

What? You don't need all the explanations for each player? Sorry man, NHL cannot support any hatred based on geographical location or nationality.
So you have to be educated about every player.

Embrace yourself, 328 years - it is just this regular season. Next week they have a plan to educate you about all previous 99 seasons. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolt 45

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Nothing wrong with that hit at all, he leans into him with his shoulder and follows through with the arm. Can't go suspending someone every time a legal check is thrown and some upper body/head contact gets made or there'd be no hitting left in hockey. Especially when the guy throwing the check is taller than the guy receiving, it's not like he's going to hunch down a foot to throw his check.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->