Prospect Info: Klim Kostin (31st overall in 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Several actors/actresses on that show have the same first name as their character: Phyllis, Angela, Oscar, Clark, and Creed (who has the same first and last name).

Several of the characters (e.g., Erin) were written to reflect the personalities of their real-life counterparts (with exaggeration, of course).

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Several actors/actresses on that show have the same first name as their character: Phyllis, Angela, Oscar, Clark, and Creed (who has the same first and last name).

Several of the characters (e.g., Erin) were written to reflect the personalities of their real-life counterparts (with exaggeration, of course).

Creed Bratton playing an insane, fictional version of Creed Bratton is one of my all time favorite TV characters.

"No one steals from Creed Bratton and gets away with it. The last person who did this dissappeared. His name? Creed Bratton."

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
Creed Bratton playing an insane, fictional version of Creed Bratton is one of my all time favorite TV characters.

"No one steals from Creed Bratton and gets away with it. The last person who did this dissappeared. His name? Creed Bratton."
i read somewhere that he was always supposed to be an extra and was just so weird they felt like they needed to make him an actual character.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
The scene with Creed during the murder mystery episode is one of my all-time favorites.

And him getting picked up by the work bus while hitchhicking. Just a fantastic character.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
We'll actually talk about Klim Kostin in the Klim Kostin thread someday. Today is not that day.
giphy.gif
:sarcasm:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Interesting interview. Some insightful stuff, some odd stuff (probably things lost in translation).

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
That is a fantastic read.

I like how in-depth the questions and answers were. I especially like that story on how all 3 of Tampa, Calgary, and Boston straight up told him he was their pick. I don't think any are regretting their prospects as of now, but it does show how lucky the Blues were by grabbing a sought after prospect with the last pick in the 1st.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues not having farm team doesn't hurt field players its baloney. Jeesus this franchise is such a amateur level, but still playing NHL. :laugh:

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
That was a very interesting article. I had no idea there was any confusion about his age, nor that he actually played for a decent stretch with his shoulder injured.

I had a bit of a chuckle at this exchange:

AS: St. Louis isn’t a bad team to get to. They have many holes in the roster.
KK: Well, can I, at my age, discuss these things? Whatever opinion I have on the Blues roster, I’m a young player and I have to deserve a place in the team. I want to get a chance and I’m working hard to get it.

Not only would most people disagree with the Blues having "many holes in the roster" due to the fact that they're generally a strong team, it just seems completely unprofessional to ask that to Kostin. He even seemed confused; what is the correct answer to that? Especially if he anticipates getting some playing time this season with the Blues he can't start discussing how the roster is weak so he should be able to break in or something. Really, really weird to ask.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Great article. Thanks for posting.

“ I would have never left Russia if Dynamo let me play. But, last year, they made a clown out of me. They dressed me for the game just to sit the whole time on the bench. I wasn’t asking to play on the first line or to play on the special teams, but I could well play on the fourth line. I played six minutes once, when [former Boston Bruins draftee] Martins Karsums picked up a ten-minute penalty. But in all the other games I played two minutes.”

Sounds like the perfect storm for us on many levels. What a great draft we had.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Wow that's a really insightful interview thanks for the link! Kostin was the #1 ranked European skater for a reason, can't wait to see what he can do with the Blues.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I think Kostin could be a good call-up/fill-in if the Blues have to move a forward out to get a top 6 winger. Say you need to trade salary out, like Sobotka, Berglund, or another forward...Kostin could slot into that 3rd line and probably be ok. He wouldn't be worse than Paajarvi or Thorburn playing. Of the three RW prospects the Blues have, Kostin is one of the ones I most want to keep.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think Kostin could be a good call-up/fill-in if the Blues have to move a forward out to get a top 6 winger. Say you need to trade salary out, like Sobotka, Berglund, or another forward...Kostin could slot into that 3rd line and probably be ok. He wouldn't be worse than Paajarvi or Thorburn playing. Of the three RW prospects the Blues have, Kostin is one of the ones I most want to keep.

I wouldn’t mind giving him a chance if we get someone before Schwartz gets back.

Berglund-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-Stastny-Hoffman?
Kostin-Barbashev-Thompson(kid line)
Upshall-Brodziak-Jaskin
Sundqvist, Thorburn

Last edited:
Reactions: Panic at the Back
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad