Prospect Info: Klim Kostin (31st overall in 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That goal is exactly the type of goal I expect Kostin to score a lot of in the NHL some day. I don't expect he'll be weaving through traffic and creating his own offense too often, but when he gets a chance in the slot he's going to bury it. He has such a wicked release. Hopefully he's not hurt too badly. He got hurt on a hit in the final preseason game as well and it was close to knee on knee too. He tried cutting back to the middle ala Tarasenko, but somebody stepped up and Kostin almost avoided him, but got clipped and went down pretty awkwardly. He was gone for a shift or two, but returned, and then was placed ont he Injury List the next day. Hopefully he can bounce back quickly from this one as well. I've only seen two of his primary assists and his goal, haven't seen the other 2 assists(and don't know if they're primary or secondary), but on the plays I've seen he looks great, especially considering he's an 18 year old playing against professionals. Still as excited as I've ever been about him.

Reactions: Lord Helix

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I gotta say, that didn't look great as far as the trouble he seemed to be having getting off the ice. :mad:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I'm hoping that the knee caught him in the thigh. It looked as though he could push a little with the leg but didn't want to try putting weight on it which would explain needing someone to help get him off the ice. I'm thinking pretty bad bruise to the thigh and prolly needing to miss a few games. I can hope right?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Scores his first AHL goal and then gets injured. He's definitely a Blues prospect.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm hoping that the knee caught him in the thigh. It looked as though he could push a little with the leg but didn't want to try putting weight on it which would explain needing someone to help get him off the ice. I'm thinking pretty bad bruise to the thigh and prolly needing to miss a few games. I can hope right?
From what I could tell, it looked high

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Looks like the the initial contact was shin to shin, with Kostin's knee being fairly parallel to the ice (and remaining so after initial contact). From what is visible in the YouTube video, it looks like he took the brunt of the knee hit above his knee

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
He has now earned the nickname Unbreakable Klimmy Schmidt
tumblr_o5jg4q9dgm1tytc93o1_500.gif

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Lol these last few post actually made me laugh out loud at work, coworkers asked what was funny so I tried to explain about a bunch of hockey nerds discussing a Blues Prospect... now they all think I am weird

Reactions: Zamadoo

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
If we're gonna continue the trend of using the unbreakable theme song here, it should probably be noted that the last line of the song is "that's gonna be uhh, you know uhh fascinating transition" could this be foreshadowing his call up and subsequent transition to the league? :sarcasm:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If we're gonna continue the trend of using the unbreakable theme song here, it should probably be noted that the last line of the song is "that's gonna be uhh, you know uhh fascinating transition" could this be foreshadowing his call up and subsequent transition to the league? :sarcasm:

Actually it ends with one last "damn'it", which is pretty much par for the course for how our seasons end.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017

Them FEEEEmales are strong azzz hell

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I'm amazed so many people watch that show. I had never even heard of it until like a month ago but its hilarious

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Totally off topic, but you guys know the Actress that Plays Kimmy Schmidt is from St. Louis, right?

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Back when she was Erin on the Office, that show had 3 people that were from St. Louis, her, Jenna Fischer and the lady that played Phyllis.

Video of Matt Holliday and David Freese visiting the set.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Back when she was Erin on the Office, that show had 3 people that were from St. Louis, her, Jenna Fischer and the lady that played Phyllis.

Video of Matt Holliday and David Freese visiting the set.

The actress is actually named Phyllis.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Ahh gotcha. Didn't know that. Just knew it was her characters name. Another off-topic fun fact, she was a cheerleader for the 49ers way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad