Prospect Info: Klim Kostin (31st overall in 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
"Interesting they are keeping him around, but IMO the needs playing time in the minors after losing most of last season to injury."

He's out with an injury, so he can't play for The Rampage, anyway. So, The Blues might keep him around so he can learn more about The NHL, and what he needs to work on.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
You can't send done an injured player, due to injury occurring at the higher league and player must be compensated at that level. Since Kostin will make less in the AHL he can't go.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
https://thehockeywriters.com/st-louis-blues-klim-kostin-impressive/

Thought this was an interesting interview with Kostin. Big fan of his attitude. Also nice to see Tarasenko and Barbashev helping him out.

Thanks for posting this.

Funny that he seems to think our AHL team is in Houston. San Antonio, Houston, whatever. Texas is pretty small so those two cities have to be pretty close, right? :laugh:

And interesting he says the 4 min average for his handful of KHL games last season seems to be more than he would think. I thought 4 was next to nothing but sounds like it may have really been even less!

In any event, I’m glad we have the kid. I think he’ll spend most if not all of this season in the AHL but he has a bright future.

Reactions: Blueston

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
You can't send done an injured player, due to injury occurring at the higher league and player must be compensated at that level. Since Kostin will make less in the AHL he can't go.

On paper, sure. We have to pay him his NHL salary while he is injured. However, there is nothing that would stop the Blues from physically having him with the AHL squad to learn their system, work out in their facilities, etc. I think he is better off physically being with the NHL club until he can get back on the ice, but if the Blues disagreed we could put him on a plane and have him rehab with the AHL club.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I wonder if we'll call Blais up when Kostin is about to be sent down to the AHL?
I think the only reason Kostin hasn't been sent down is that he was injured. But he's not taking a roster spot right now. He's at a point in development where a lot of regular minutes seems more important than an early NHL debut. But there is a good chance we see him this year in the NHL.

Who goes down when Steen returns? (Thorburn I wish, but probably Megan.)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think the only reason Kostin hasn't been sent down is that he was injured. But he's not taking a roster spot right now. He's at a point in development where a lot of regular minutes seems more important than an early NHL debut. But there is a good chance we see him this year in the NHL.

I would guess Megan or Thompson. Maybe a slight chance of a guy like MPS if he continues to do absolutely nothing like he did last night and all of preseason.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012

Gawd I hope it's Thorburn, but I'd also be ok with Jaskin or Paajarvi. Megan, Blais, and Thompson deserve to be playing. Steen would be perfect to pair with Barbashev and Blais and bump Thompson up with Schenn and Schwartz. Or, you should put Blais with Schenn and Schwartz, and keep Thompson with Barbashev and Steen.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Thompson would be the most logical choice since he's waiver exempt. Would rather not waive Megan to send him down without giving him a proper chance to show he belongs. If Thompson goes down and plays so well that it forces the team's hand then I wouldn't be upset.

boz

Jan 20, 2004
Kostin has turned up on the Rampage roster, is that right? i wasn't expecting him for awhile here after seeing him placed on non-roster i.r.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Kostin has turned up on the Rampage roster, is that right? i wasn't expecting him for awhile here after seeing him placed on non-roster i.r.
Looks like they might have jumped the gun a little early by adding him to their roster. But, i do suspect him going there when he is cleared.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Thanks for posting this.

Funny that he seems to think our AHL team is in Houston. San Antonio, Houston, whatever. Texas is pretty small so those two cities have to be pretty close, right? :laugh:

And interesting he says the 4 min average for his handful of KHL games last season seems to be more than he would think. I thought 4 was next to nothing but sounds like it may have really been even less!

In any event, I’m glad we have the kid. I think he’ll spend most if not all of this season in the AHL but he has a bright future.

There is a funny story about the size of Texas. (this incident occurred a long time ago)

The Cardinals had a scout in west Texas. The team got interested in a prospect in east Texas, and called the scout to have him go look the prospect. When the scout looked at the map, he called the team back and said "you guys are closer to the prospect there in St. Louis than I am here in west Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad