Prospect Info: Klim Kostin (31st overall in 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
He just doesn't give a ****. He's demanding #24 or else threatening to go to the KHL.

Balls of steel. This kid is legit.

Bernie's got a staunch containment policy. If Kostin gets 24, what's to stop Barbashev from switching to 11, Tarasenko taking 16, and Toropchenko grabbing 8 at training camp?

I say if he can beat Canadian hero Vince Dunn in a fight then he can take 24. Until that day he gets a bender number like the rest of the rookies

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Bernie's got a staunch containment policy. If Kostin gets 24, what's to stop Barbashev from switching to 11, Tarasenko taking 16, and Toropchenko grabbing 8 at training camp?

I say if he can beat Canadian hero Vince Dunn in a fight then he can take 24. Until that day he gets a bender number like the rest of the rookies
I have it on good authority that Reaves asked the Blues for a trade in fear of getting knocked out by Dunn in camp.

I don't blame him either. Good thing we have someone here to keep the Russians in check.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
What's the chance he plays in the NHL to start the season?

Almost 100% dependent on a series of calamitous injuries to ten or so forwards currently ahead of him on the depth chart. Maybe he'll see a game in late March...but he likely needs a year or two of developing to the North American game & rink.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

It's impossible to tell until camp rolls around. There's going to be plenty of competition to land a roster spot or even a 9 game look. I think Kostin & Kyrou's chances go up if Schenn sticks at C while Fabbri stays at LW. If that happens it looks like:

Fabbri Schenn Tarasenko
Schwartz Stastny X
Steen Barbashev X

Sobotka is taking a spot in the top 9.

That leaves Bennett, Jaskin, Kyrou, Kostin, and even Thompson competing. I have to think Kyrou has a better chance than Kostin but we'll see. I think circumstances favor Kyrou because he can't play in the AHL. I don't think another year in junior's is going to do much for Kyrou's development.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

5%?

I for one would be quite surprised if he made the team out of camp. It'd take either a ton of injuries or him beating out all of Bennett, Paajarvi, Jaskin and all of the other prospects as well (Kyrou, Thompson, etc).

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Kyrou playing in sarnia preseason games have any indication of where he'll end up for the year? Then again Nolan Patrick is scrimming with Brandon (and potentially making kaspicks chances to shine slimmer).

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Kyrou playing in sarnia preseason games have any indication of where he'll end up for the year? Then again Nolan Patrick is scrimming with Brandon (and potentially making kaspicks chances to shine slimmer).

All those CHL guys go to their junior camps before they head off to NHL camps. The CHL signed players that are 20(example a guy like 20 year old Matt Barzal will just go straight to NYI camp and not even set foot in seattle WHL camp and Strome will just wait till Yotes camp starts etc etc)

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yup... Every year there are always a few players that i despise that situation for!!.. I will be very curious what will happen with Kyrou this season

I'll save you the surprise. He will go to the OHL. He may get a trial at the end of the year, but it will most likely be AHL games. He is not near ready for the NHL. And unlike Fabbri there are still things he can work on in Juniors. His shot, his defense, his play without the puck can all use tweaks at the junior level. If his defense is bad in juniors, and it is, how bad would it be jumping 2 levels to the NHL?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'll save you the surprise. He will go to the OHL. He may get a trial at the end of the year, but it will most likely be AHL games. He is not near ready for the NHL. And unlike Fabbri there are still things he can work on in Juniors. His shot, his defense, his play without the puck can all use tweaks at the junior level. If his defense is bad in juniors, and it is, how bad would it be jumping 2 levels to the NHL?

im always a firm believer of if there is any doubt what so ever, to send them back to junior and to do it sorta soon and not long drawn out 9 games.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
im always a firm believer of if there is any doubt what so ever, to send them back to junior and to do it sorta soon and not long drawn out 9 games.

Im a fan of the 9 games spread out a bit. Just a chance to be around the team and staff for an extended time is good for growth and future integration.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Im a fan of the 9 games spread out a bit. Just a chance to be around the team and staff for an extended time is good for growth and future integration.

I agree. If he has little to gain by playing against juniors players, the practises with The Blues' Pros will make up for missing Juniors games, and the learning from The NHL players and coaches, and seeing what pros need to do, and getting a feel for the pro game will be stronger if spread over a longer period.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Maybe Blais really is 6'3, based on that picture. Kostin is 6'3, and Blais looks to be the same height. Walman is listed at 6'1, and Blais is clearly taller than him.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
PL: Is the Calder Trophy your goal for next season?

KK: Of course. You always have to set the highest goals. Why not?

Hah, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad