Prospect Info: Klim Kostin (31st overall in 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No interst in Panarin at all. His game is not built for the playoffs.
7 points against us in 2016, he was pretty good.

The entire Blackhawks roster dried up against Nashville this past season.

So I would definitely take him on the team, if one of our wingers can make the transition to center then we'd have a very lethal top 9 with him and Kostin added to it. That'd be absolutely sick.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
anyone who has watched the Blues in the playoffs will agree that we couldn't really use a dangerous goal scorer, we already have more than enough goals

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Lol...Panarin was the sole reason the Hawks mounted any offense against the Blues in 2015.

That's the only series he looked decent in. When teams were getting phyiscal with him, he disappeared. Its the reason the Hawks moved him imo.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That's the only series he looked decent in. When teams were getting phyiscal with him, he disappeared. Its the reason the Hawks moved him imo.

What? He was in 1 other series where the whole team was trash. Blues clown pounded Toews and Toews, and made them ineffective.....would you have a lack of interest in them if they were a FA.

Hell Tarasenko has looked fairly useless since that series against the Hawks.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
What? He was in 1 other series where the whole team was trash. Blues clown pounded Toews and Toews, and made them ineffective.....would you have a lack of interest in them if they were a FA.

Hell Tarasenko has looked fairly useless since that series against the Hawks.

I'm just more a bigger, more physical team personally. I think Panarin gets manhandled easily and doesn't like the physical play.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

Hawks moved him because Saad has 2 extra years at $6mil and Toews production has dipped both years Saad was in CBJ.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Panarin is a great, flashy, dynamic, perimeter player who gets spoon fed one timers from all world Patrick Kane. Just don't think thats a recipe for success in the playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Panarin did beat Upshall in a fight, lol. I think he can be fairly scrappy for his size. Sure he's not physical but I don't really consider him "soft" either.

If the Blues added Panarin to Tarasenko, Schwartz, Fabbri, Schenn, Kostin, etc. They'd have more pure skill than they have in recent memory. We could do to the 'Hawks what they used to do to us.

If he is interested in coming here in 2019 for a decent price, it'd be a no-brainer to look into it. I think the Blues have and will continue to have plenty of guys that are tough to play against.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Panarin would be the Blues best LW instantly.

Panarin doesn't shy away from being physical. Every time I've seen anyone get a good hit on him it seems to make him mad and he elevates his game that much more.

Pay attention at 1:16 mark. The guy isn't all flash. He's a work-a-holic with amazing talent. He actually reminds me of a LW version of Yzerman.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis

He was moved because they're stuck with immovable contracts and he kept racking up bonuses. He had to go and they moved him this off-season to max the return. He's only been in two series, and the entire Blackhawks team looked like garbage last playoffs against Nashville.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Panarin would be the Blues best LW instantly.

Panarin doesn't shy away from being physical. Every time I've seen anyone get a good hit on him it seems to make him mad and he elevates his game that much more.

Pay attention at 1:16 mark. The guy isn't all flash. He's a work-a-holic with amazing talent. He actually reminds me of a LW version of Yzerman.

Little guy pulling the Keith Tkchuck move at :33 (chip puck to center ice for retrieval). I feel like Keith tried that 100 times on the blues. I like these videos that show the nice plays that don't always result in goals. Thanks for posting.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
I can't seem to find any information on this NHLPA rookie showcase. Can anyone help me out with a little information? All I see is who has been invited and that it is sometime today

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
They've always been blue.

s0OFpbA.gif

Uh, yeah.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I can't seem to find any information on this NHLPA rookie showcase. Can anyone help me out with a little information? All I see is who has been invited and that it is sometime today

Well, they're playing right now. If you search #NHLPARookieShowcase on twitter some people are periscoping it, but it's basically impossible to tell who is who out there. One team is in anonymous black NHLPA jerseys, the other team is in anonymous white NHLPA jerseys. Thompson is #32, Kostin is #24, and I think Walman is #46.

It really seems like it's mostly a thing for trading card vendors, honestly. Nobody's really in attendance, so if this was an event to "promote the future of the sport" to the general population... major fail there. But it's a nice chance for vendors and the press to get a few nice quotes and a bunch of autographs in the middle of the summer.

Not that I can tell who anybody is, but they all seem to be going at like 30% max out there. Which is good, you don't want anybody getting hurt in a meaningless game in August. I wouldn't worry too much about "missing out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad