Kingston Frontenacs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Burns is off to the Blues main camp, and no doubt Ludwinski will be as well, however Chicago isn't releasing their list until Thursday. Looks like in addition to ex front stewart going to the Sens main camp, Ben Roger is off to the Columbus main training camp. I think teams will be releasing rosters for training camp over the next day or two.
Looks like Soto is off to Penguins main camp, I'd assume Miedema will be as well but I haven't seen an official list, though one local site didn't have him listed.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Let's face it unless there is a major injury to a top center the 4th line center is not all that worrisome a position hell it is lucky to get 5 minutes a game and in the playoffs it gets nothing.

Like a lot of teams in every league, the challenge is waiting to see exactly what you have when all the teams have their players back.

One of the things that is a given and known fact is that there is always one 2nd year player that comes back and lights things up and surprises a lot of players.

You have a decent top 4 D you supposedly have a goaltending tandem that will be top of the league. If Ludwinski et al come back to the team hungry you have a top 2 lines that will be competitive.

The challenge is will the coaching be there will the team gel and whether will it be competitive with the rest of the conference.

the second thing to think about is the West. Is Saginaw going to be at the top of the league and dominate or will other teams be that much better? This determines whether a trip to the M Cup is reasonable as a goal or not.
Don’t believe anyone thinks it will be top of the league. Vaccari however should be top in sv% and probably GAA too. Not sure what salajko will bring but he’s a rookie goalie so don’t see him playing a ton. Vaccari will likely play 70% of the games (that’s 47-48 games) the team will gel for sure a lot of the guys have been there multiple years and guys like outwater, hemstrom and miedema the big forwards acquired last year will not be starting off rocky this time around as they already played last season and they probably got together to play a bit in the off season you’d think not to mention an exhibition game. They should have real chemistry. They don’t have a guy that’ll put up 120 points I don’t think but they have a bunch of guys who should be around or above a point a game. I believe Soto, Miedema and Ludwinski should be leading that charge.

On defence you have a solid top 4 but 5-6-7 d men are below average so can see them obviously improving that. Saginaw will be at the top the of the conference obviously they finished 4th last year with a young team. They’re only getting a year better. Not to mention they’ll inevitably add a ton of high calibre players as all the host teams do. To me it’s a 2 horse race between them and London.

London doesn’t typically go all out and trade for big guns and waste their future so we will see what happens with that. I think before long teams like Guelph and Owen sound after a couple months will realize they don’t have a chance against London or Saginaw and eventually do a retool of a few players that won’t be around the following year.

Burns is off to the Blues main camp, and no doubt Ludwinski will be as well, however Chicago isn't releasing their list until Thursday. Looks like in addition to ex front stewart going to the Sens main camp, Ben Roger is off to the Columbus main training camp. I think teams will be releasing rosters for training camp over the next day or two.
No surprise to burns and ludwinski. Good for Stewart and roger I thought roger was playing university hockey this season.

I’m sure Miedema will be at the Sabres camp. They haven’t released the official list yet.
Hopefully he will be but the sabres have the deepest hockey pool in the nhl so don’t be surprised if he isn’t.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Don’t believe anyone thinks it will be top of the league. Vaccari however should be top in sv% and probably GAA too. Not sure what salajko will bring but he’s a rookie goalie so don’t see him playing a ton. Vaccari will likely play 70% of the games (that’s 47-48 games) the team will gel for sure a lot of the guys have been there multiple years and guys like outwater, hemstrom and miedema the big forwards acquired last year will not be starting off rocky this time around as they already played last season and they probably got together to play a bit in the off season you’d think not to mention an exhibition game. They should have real chemistry. They don’t have a guy that’ll put up 120 points I don’t think but they have a bunch of guys who should be around or above a point a game. I believe Soto, Miedema and Ludwinski should be leading that charge.

On defence you have a solid top 4 but 5-6-7 d men are below average so can see them obviously improving that. Saginaw will be at the top the of the conference obviously they finished 4th last year with a young team. They’re only getting a year better. Not to mention they’ll inevitably add a ton of high calibre players as all the host teams do. To me it’s a 2 horse race between them and London.

London doesn’t typically go all out and trade for big guns and waste their future so we will see what happens with that. I think before long teams like Guelph and Owen sound after a couple months will realize they don’t have a chance against London or Saginaw and eventually do a retool of a few players that won’t be around the following year.
I think it’s more likely Guelph & Owen Sound are in contention all season.
No surprise to burns and ludwinski. Good for Stewart and roger I thought roger was playing university hockey this season.

Hopefully he will be but the sabres have the deepest hockey pool in the nhl so don’t be surprised if he isn’t.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

I think Kingston has potential to have a good season this coming year. They have depth at forward but need more production from their top forwards, they will need to add on defence and goaltending appears to be strong. I am not totally convinced that London currently has enough with their current roster to be a true contender. Outside their top three forwards they do not have much offensive depth at forward. They are strong on defence but goaltending is questionable. They do not have a player drafted in the 1st round the last two seasons or the draft picks to make many trades.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I think it’s more likely Guelph & Owen Sound are in contention all season.
Guelph could be with Saginaw finishing 1-2 in the conference (no particular order).

Especially when you consider Guelph’s draft cupboard is double that of London’s and Owen Sound’s.

Reactions: dirty12

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Guelph could be with Saginaw finishing 1-2 in the conference (no particular order).

Especially when you consider Guelph’s draft cupboard is double that of London’s and Owen Sound’s.
The bottom line is that this year is the year of the West. Next year is a better chance for teams to show what they have.

As to Kingston, we have seen a lot of Frotns teams that, on Paper, looked great. I personally like the fact that on paper they look OK so they are going to have to prove themselves.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

London also does not have a lot of assets to make trades. They do have a 16 or 17 year old forward drafted in the 1st round that they are willing to trade and do not have many draft picks to trade.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
The Sabres are very high on him and believe they found a hidden gem due to him slipping in the draft after struggling on the Fronts late last season. He has the toolset to be something special and I know the Sabres are crossing their fingers that the Fronts don’t ruin his development.

As expected he is on the roster.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The Sabres are very high on him and believe they found a hidden gem due to him slipping in the draft after struggling on the Fronts late last season. He has the toolset to be something special and I know the Sabres are crossing their fingers that the Fronts don’t ruin his development.

As expected he is on the roster.

Excellent hope all these players come back from camp with a fire inside them

Reactions: ottsabrefan

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Interesting aside and this is not so much a knock on the team as it is the player. Shane Wright did not get an invite to the Kraken Camp.

He will be suiting up with Morrison in Coachella.

I agree that the players that made the NHL camps will come back with a crap load of information about training/ diet and looking after themselves as well as what the NHL team wants them to work on. It can only be a good thing for the team.

As to Buffalo if they are really high on him then they are going to be watching closely and can always tell Kory they want him out. Either directly or through his agent.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Interesting aside and this is not so much a knock on the team as it is the player. Shane Wright did not get an invite to the Kraken Camp.

He will be suiting up with Morrison in Coachella.

I agree that the players that made the NHL camps will come back with a crap load of information about training/ diet and looking after themselves as well as what the NHL team wants them to work on. It can only be a good thing for the team.

As to Buffalo if they are really high on him then they are going to be watching closely and can always tell Kory they want him out. Either directly or through his agent.
I think that is fake news, Wright is in rookie camp, after that he will join the main camp.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Exactly .... from the "davy jones locker blog" ... After they list the camp roster >>> Annoyed a bit by the lack of Wright? Maybe wondering where Ty Kartye, Eduard Šalé, and Jagger Firkus are? That’s where the Rookie camp roster comes in: a two-day mini camp where the organization takes stock of the prospects and ingratiates them to the Seattle way of doing things. After that, it’s likely a good number of these players will join the Training Camp roster.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Beast. they just traded for him. He’s one of the stars of the team now, he’s closer to home and fronts are going to have a good team this year lol he’s going nowhere.

They’re not going to give up Shane wright for a guy that doesn’t want to be there lol.

That’s why they couldn’t get guys like Oliver bonk in the first place- didn’t want to be here.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Beast. they just traded for him. He’s one of the stars of the team now, he’s closer to home and fronts are going to have a good team this year lol he’s going nowhere.

They’re not going to give up Shane wright for a guy that doesn’t want to be there lol.

That’s why they couldn’t get guys like Oliver bonk in the first place- didn’t want to be here.
ol we are missing my point. If Buffalo or his agent/family think that being with Caputi is hurting him THEY can initiate the trade request.

On paper, this is a good team. However, as has been talked about here the unknown is if Caputi can take the paper and put it on the ice. The challenge is whether can he develop his players. It is an unknown and will be interesting to see as the year goes on.

Let's face it a lot of what this team does is going to be based on the on-ice product and how it performs.
I think that is fake news, Wright is in rookie camp, after that he will join the main camp.
My apologies I was going by the published training camp list

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I think it has been proven he can't develop players, he will be on a very short leash I hope

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Anyone making the drive to either Norwood tonight or Cornwall tomorrow? They will be digging into their depth, especially up front with Ludwinski, Miedema and Soto at camp. They've got lots of D - so Burns absence from a numbers standpoint shouldn't be an issue.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Norwood is Jackson Stewart hometown, sorry he missed this chance, might have been nice for him, o

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
ol we are missing my point. If Buffalo or his agent/family think that being with Caputi is hurting him THEY can initiate the trade request.

On paper, this is a good team. However, as has been talked about here the unknown is if Caputi can take the paper and put it on the ice. The challenge is whether can he develop his players. It is an unknown and will be interesting to see as the year goes on.

Let's face it a lot of what this team does is going to be based on the on-ice product and how it performs.

My apologies I was going by the published training camp list
Absolutely they can initiate that however if he’s playing top line minutes, doing really well and so is the team not to mention he’s close to cobourg- why on gods green earth would he want out? Doesn’t make any sense. If Caputi put him on the third line yes obviously he would want out but he’s on the first line and power play. Not a case of Stewart on the 4th line or battaglia 3rd line as a first year player or Poole and Heyes who haven’t gotten better still on 3rd or 4th line.

Side note- 67s traded Jack Beck to the Soo. When healthy beck is obviously one of the top players in the league. Sucks the fronts didn’t trade for him but with the amount of injuries they had last year it’s no surprise they don’t want a guy that’s constantly injured.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Norwood is Jackson Stewart hometown, sorry he missed this chance, might have been nice for him, o
Stewart’s at the Ottawa Senators main camp i believe so he wouldn’t be able to play this game even if he was still on the fronts

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Absolutely they can initiate that however if he’s playing top line minutes, doing really well and so is the team not to mention he’s close to cobourg- why on gods green earth would he want out? Doesn’t make any sense. If Caputi put him on the third line yes obviously he would want out but he’s on the first line and power play. Not a case of Stewart on the 4th line or battaglia 3rd line as a first year player or Poole and Heyes who haven’t gotten better still on 3rd or 4th line.

Side note- 67s traded Jack Beck to the Soo. When healthy beck is obviously one of the top players in the league. Sucks the fronts didn’t trade for him but with the amount of injuries they had last year it’s no surprise they don’t want a guy that’s constantly injured.
Poole and Heyes haven't gotten better? Have a look at Pooles' faceoff record, and his abslout ewillingness to do whatever it takes to win. Heyes has turned his skating around and is an effective PK man and will score 15-20 goals this year. I wouldn't want to play against those two

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Poole and Heyes haven't gotten better? Have a look at Pooles' faceoff record, and his abslout ewillingness to do whatever it takes to win. Heyes has turned his skating around and is an effective PK man and will score 15-20 goals this year. I wouldn't want to play against those two
both are 19 and barely produced at the ohl level. sure they may be hard to play against but at some point you need to do something other then be tough.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
both are 19 and barely produced at the ohl level. sure they may be hard to play against but at some point you need to do something other then be tough.
With opportunity comes production, give them opportunity and you will get production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia