Kingston Frontenacs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I guess I just don't see that Kingston is an OA Centre and Mccoy away from being a serious contender for the ohl finals -- unless you get there, then trading hopkins away is a waste and as the team is currently constructed I feel they don't have the horses with adding Beck or whomever and another Dman....
McCoy and an OA centre does not make Kingston a contender, it allows them to be in the hunt come trade deadline while speeding up the development of the many 18 yr olds.
Should Kingston not be in a good buyers position at that time, they can trade Ludwinski at the deadline, still be a decent team, and have McCoy in place as an OA the next season when they might be better suited to contend

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I guess I just don't see that Kingston is an OA Centre and Mccoy away from being a serious contender for the ohl finals -- unless you get there, then trading hopkins away is a waste and as the team is currently constructed I feel they don't have the horses with adding Beck or whomever and another Dman....
McCoy and an OA centre does not make Kingston a contender, it allows them to be in the hunt come trade deadline while speeding up the development of the many 18 yr olds.
Should Kingston not be in a good buyers position at that time, they can trade Ludwinski at the deadline, still be a decent team, and have McCoy in place as an OA the next season when they might be better suited

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Should Kingston not be in a good buyers position at that time, they can trade Ludwinski at the deadline, still be a decent team, and have McCoy in place as an OA the next season when they might be better suited to contend
I still think trading away the 4th overall pick - who is going to be a very good OHL'er isnt a good move to make. Offer up other decent pieces that may be of value to another team and keep hopkins where possible and you set yourself up for a decent year this year and next year. I'm thinking of Battaglia, Budnick, Uens, Heyes and or Poole -- these guys are good players and all, but I wouldn't lose sleep over them not being here, especially if you can get a Mccoy for example.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I still think trading away the 4th overall pick - who is going to be a very good OHL'er isnt a good move to make. Offer up other decent pieces that may be of value to another team and keep hopkins where possible and you set yourself up for a decent year this year and next year. I'm thinking of Battaglia, Budnick, Uens, Heyes and or Poole -- these guys are good players and all, but I wouldn't lose sleep over them not being here, especially if you can get a Mccoy for example.
Trading a top 5 picked 16 yr old is rare. The 5th & 6th traded last year probably equals the past 20 years total. I can only remember Kujawinski before that.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

Should Kingston not be in a good buyers position at that time, they can trade Ludwinski at the deadline, still be a decent team, and have McCoy in place as an OA the next season when they might be better suited
Donovan McCoy is likely not going to be traded by the Petes as you said in your post he likely will be an overage next year and the Petes will use him as one of their overages.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Donovan McCoy is likely not going to be traded by the Petes as you said in your post he likely will be an overage next year and the Petes will use him as one of their overages.
Pete’s are going to suck this year and next year. Would be very foolish to keep him. But of the remaining valuable guys that you have I think he’s the least likely to be traded (Beck, Mayer, Lockhart, Smith, McCoy)

Wouldn’t be surprised if they traded all 5 of those guys. But if they’re going to leave anyone I’d say either smith or McCoy.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I didn't see an official update but as expected Velliaris is back in the OJHL with the Mississauga and isn't on the starting regular season roster.

I also haven't seen anything about Ludwinski/Burns/Miedema being returned, but that's likely just a matter of time - I'd assume it'll be before tomorrow night?

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
I didn't see an official update but as expected Velliaris is back in the OJHL with the Mississauga and isn't on the starting regular season roster.

I also haven't seen anything about Ludwinski/Burns/Miedema being returned, but that's likely just a matter of time - I'd assume it'll be before tomorrow night?
Ludwinski and Burns are the only ones left. Soto was back at practice yesterday and Miedema was back on Tuesday. Vellaris is playing in the OJHL, meaning at this time they have likely one too many d (Williamson, Ling, Bergeron) as I see Burns-Holmes-Budnick-Uens-McGowan-Schnieder the starting D if Burns is back for Thursday, if not slot in one of the (3).

Reactions: frontsfan67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad