Kingston Frontenacs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I want Kory Cooper to make a big trade here soon. They need it- they finished last in the league last year in GF

10 possible forward trade options for Kingston

Ryan Abraham- Windsor
(Windsor retooling)

Stats: 35 pts in 29 games (got injured) *04*

Jack Beck-Ottawa (might be on tradeblock)

Stats: 53 pts in 45 games (got injured) OA

Kaleb Lawrence- Owen Sound (4 OA’s)

Stats37pts in 50games biggest guy in O’ OA

Ethan Burroughs- Owen Sound (4 OA’s)

49pts in 67 games good 2 way winger OA

Matthew Sop- Kitchener (Rebuilding)

56 pts in 67 games OA

Connor Lockhart- Peterborough (rebuilding)

79pts in 66 games OA

Marko Sikic- Sarnia (Rebuilding)

49 pts in 68 games OA

Gavin Hayes- Flint (not a damn clue)

81 pts in 66 games *Signed By Chicago* 04

Coulson Pitte- Flint (not a damn clue)

60 pts in 59 games 04

Eduard Sale (LOL) Barrie (not a damn clue)

14 pts in 47 games (Czech league) 05

Not sure what flint is doing this year however the barrie Eduard sale one is just for fun as kingston does have an import spot open so it is possible but very very unlikely

Really hoping they can get Abraham as Abraham will probably be back next year.
If kingston midway through this season decide to do a retool for the following season then this is probably the safest option but one of the most costly

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I want Kory Cooper to make a big trade here soon. They need it- they finished last in the league last year in GF

Ryan Abraham- Windsor
(Windsor retooling)

56 pts in 67 games OA

79pts in 66 games OA

49 pts in 68 games OA

60 pts in 59 games 04

Not sure what flint is doing this year however the barrie Eduard sale one is just for fun as kingston does have an import spot open so it is possible but very very unlikely

If kingston midway through this season decide to do a retool for the following season then this is probably the safest option but one of the most costly
They should score a ton of goals this year based on the lineup on paper. No need to add anyone up front. If they don’t then it is coaching and that should be the trade.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They should score a ton of goals this year based on the lineup on paper. No need to add anyone up front. If they don’t then it is coaching and that should be the trade.
They should score more but I don’t think it would be a bad thing to add a top line player. That way the top line is better for 1 and all of the players below them get bumped down and the team becomes deeper so you’d have guys on the third line that normally play second line etc.

personally I want a good top line player added and another 2nd or 3rd pairing d man and then I think they’re pretty good. If they go all in and fill the remaining OA spot I’d be surprised to see callens still on the team as I think they would flip him to another team for that teams OA as an upgrade at the forward position. Sorta how Sahil Panwar was traded to Hamilton last year for the last half of the season. Will be a fun year can’t wait until next Friday to see how they do. Probably will make the trip up to Norwood.

Booked my tickets for the gens season opener vs Kingston. Hopefully I don’t get shit thrown at me again. Happens almost every time in Oshawa whether it’s on a bus trip or a trip up with family.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

Ryan Abraham- Windsor
(Windsor retooling)

56 pts in 67 games OA

79pts in 66 games OA

49 pts in 68 games OA

60 pts in 59 games 04

I am not sure if Connor Lockhart is going to be traded. Mike Oke is not committing that this coming season is a rebuilding year. There is a chance Tucker Robertson could be back him and Donovan McCoy, Sam Mayer and Konner Smith are possibly the best top three defencemen in the division. The division is not as strong as it has been in the past with a team that is a true favourite. If Lockhart was to be traded he likely would cost a player plus a 3rd or 4th round draft pick or a 2nd and a 3rd round draft picks.

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

Ryan Abraham- Windsor
(Windsor retooling)

56 pts in 67 games OA

79pts in 66 games OA

49 pts in 68 games OA

60 pts in 59 games 04

Just like Ottawa, this should be a building year. Before you start selling parts of the team yo need to see exactly what you need. ou also need to see where you are going to compete. You do not go from missing the playoffs to first in the league.

There are many areas where the Fronts are unknown it is best to see where they sit and compete. Addina an OA is not going to make a huge difference.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I’m glad he tells off the refs. If they’re getting paid to do a job they should do the job well. Who cares about the respect of the refs at the end of the day they still need to call the game properly. And if they don’t they’ll be out of the OHL.
what a comment!!

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Just like Ottawa, this should be a building year. Before you start selling parts of the team yo need to see exactly what you need. ou also need to see where you are going to compete. You do not go from missing the playoffs to first in the league.

There are many areas where the Fronts are unknown it is best to see where they sit and compete. Addina an OA is not going to make a huge difference.
Missing the playoffs to first in the East division this season is do-able imo. One D and one #2 C might be all that’s needed.
Frasca & Punnett from Barrie, though not certain to be available, would likely vault Kingston to the top of the division. But that would leave the Frontenacs with a couple of gut wrenching roster decisions with Callens and Poole.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Missing the playoffs to first in the East division this season is do-able imo..
Frasca & Punnett from Barrie, though not certain to be available, would likely vault Kingston to the top of the division. But that would leave the Frontenacs with a couple of gut wrenching roster decisions with Callens and Poole.
The question, though is what does getting first in the regular season or even the playoffs get you. The west is going to be definitely the better conf.

The other question is if you do that then what are you going to have next year or do you start retooling?

It is better to wait and see what happens with the players that are returning. Ottawa thought last year that we would not have that great a team but a lot of players stepped up.

There are a lot of unkowns will the defence be good, what are the kids that are coming back going to be like

Is Caputi really a good coach and is he able to develop the players that they have?

Kingston has been known in the past to make these dream deals and not get anything for the players and picks that they give up.

This is a team that should be good this year and if they develop and draft better next year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The question, though is what does getting first in the regular season or even the playoffs get you. The west is going to be definitely the better conf.
It gets a top 2 seed, almost certainly 2 rounds of playoff gates; and valuable development for the 2005-07 born.
The other question is if you do that then what are you going to have next year or do you start retooling?
Five 2005 born selected in the first two rounds and a goalie at age 19.
It is better to wait and see what happens with the players that are returning. Ottawa thought last year that we would not have that great a team but a lot of players stepped up.

There are a lot of unkowns will the defence be good, what are the kids that are coming back going to be like

Is Caputi really a good coach and is he able to develop the players that they have?
Idk. But very good OAs would certainly aid in development.
Kingston has been known in the past to make these dream deals and not get anything for the players and picks that they give up.

This is a team that should be good this year and if they develop and draft better next year.
This is a team that needs a centre and a defense-man to better develop the talented young players imo.
Draft better?

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
It gets a top 2 seed, almost certainly 2 rounds of playoff gates; and valuable development for the 2005-07 born.

Five 2005 born selected in the first two rounds and a goalie at age 19.

Idk. But very good OAs would certainly aid in development.

This is a team that needs a centre and a defense-man to better develop the talented young players imo.
Draft better?
Living in Kingston I heard that top 2 seed thing so much that it has become a joke.

The way you develop the players s to play them. This team has the leadership what it needs is a coach.

Very good OA's do not come cheap. You need to spend to get them and very good OA are not gong to be just picks.

Are you sure what they need? This is just the start of pre-season no one really knows what they really need or want.

I can remember Kingston teams that were AWESOME in the preseason and the first couple of months then fell to crap.

I am not saying that they do not need players I am sure they do BUT what I am saying is that before they go out and make these deals they should first see what they have. It is the same thing in Ottawa we have an OA position and may have a need for a center but the team seems to be willing to start the season with the players we have until we see what we need and what deals we can make.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Living in Kingston I heard that top 2 seed thing so much that it has become a joke.
The Fronts have been quite competitive for more than half of the seasons over the past decade …one top 2 seed.
When did you reside there that top 2seed was a thing?
The way you develop the players s to play them. This team has the leadership what it needs is a coach.
Over exposing young players generally results in injury more often than development. Kids don’t develop well recovering from shoulder injuries, ….
What leadership; Ludwinski, and…?
Very good OA's do not come cheap. You need to spend to get them and very good OA are not gong to be just picks.
It seems there are more good OAs than teams need this season. It might be a great year to buy early.
Are you sure what they need? This is just the start of pre-season no one really knows what they really need or want.
Kingston does not have the defense of a contender at this time, and (I don’t think) G.Frasca or Poole are #2 C at this time or any time this season.
I can remember Kingston teams that were AWESOME in the preseason and the first couple of months then fell to crap.
So?
I am not saying that they do not need players I am sure they do BUT what I am saying is that before they go out and make these deals they should first see what they have. It is the same thing in Ottawa we have an OA position and may have a need for a center but the team seems to be willing to start the season with the players we have until we see what we need and what deals we can make.
Seriously, Schmattawa; and good for the Fronts if the ‘67s do not care to contend

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The Fronts have been quite competitive for more than half of the seasons over the past decade …one top 2 seed.
When did you reside there that top 2seed was a thing?

Over exposing young players generally results in injury more often than development. Kids don’t develop well recovering from shoulder injuries, ….
What leadership; Ludwinski, and…?

It seems there are more good OAs than teams need this season. It might be a great year to buy early.

Kingston does not have the defense of a contender at this time, and (I don’t think) G.Frasca or Poole are #2 C at this time or any time this season.

So?

Seriously, Schmattawa; and good for the Fronts if the ‘67s do not care to contend
Beast is just a hater honestly. 67s fan though commenting on the fronts page so what do you expect. Pre season means absolutely nothing there’s players not playing because of nhl camps and lines are all weird.

Frasca before his surgery was projected a late first round pick/early second round pick for this coming draft. He’s not going to score a ton on you like a Sam Bennett or Shane Wright but he has a good 2 way game and should be a point a game player. That’s definitely second line worthy. Poole will again be 3rd or 4th line. Wouldn’t be surprised if he asked for a trade after 3 years on the 3rd/4th line. Also missing outwater which is a top 6 guy.

Eastern conference will be fairly weak this year west will be stacked but Saginaw might win it all this year and they’re the hosts. If the fronts got to the ohl finals I’m sure they’d be happy with that regardless of results as this team hasn’t ever done that before so you also have to look at things like that. Not to mention if they did play Saginaw in the finals that’s obviously a free pass to the Mem cup (another thing they’ve never been to)

Saginaw is already right there with London and with them being the mem cup hosts this year they’re nowhere near done with their moves. So before they or some other team scoop up quality OA’s it would be smart for kingston to do that before you have no quality ones left.

Reactions: Truthking

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If the fronts went all in and got to the 3rd round/4th round they’d all be happy let alone a championship or memorial cup appearance. Some teams like london, Ottawa and Windsor are always spoiled with that stuff that they take it for granted. If kingston had that happen it would be the best thing since sliced bread.

OA’s are always cheaper than 18 and 19 year olds even if they’re the crème of the crop. Morrison last year who was one of the best ohl players 2 years running got traded to Ottawa last year for only draft picks lol. Guarantee if he was 18 or 19 it wouldn’t just be draft picks.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Beast is just a hater honestly. 67s fan though commenting on the fronts page so what do you expect. Pre season means absolutely nothing there’s players not playing because of nhl camps and lines are all weird.

Frasca before his surgery was projected a late first round pick/early second round pick for this coming draft. He’s not going to score a ton on you like a Sam Bennett or Shane Wright but he has a good 2 way game and should be a point a game player. That’s definitely second line worthy. Poole will again be 3rd or 4th line. Wouldn’t be surprised if he asked for a trade after 3 years on the 3rd/4th line. Also missing outwater which is a top 6 guy.

Eastern conference will be fairly weak this year west will be stacked but Saginaw might win it all this year and they’re the hosts. If the fronts got to the ohl finals I’m sure they’d be happy with that regardless of results as this team hasn’t ever done that before so you also have to look at things like that. Not to mention if they did play Saginaw in the finals that’s obviously a free pass to the Mem cup (another thing they’ve never been to)

Saginaw is already right there with London and with them being the mem cup hosts this year they’re nowhere near done with their moves. So before they or some other team scoop up quality OA’s it would be smart for kingston to do that before you have no quality ones left.
I think Meidema, Soto, Outwater, Thibedeau could be passable top six at 18 yrs old with outstanding centres. It’s too much to ask of G.Frasca at 17.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think Meidema, Soto, Outwater, Thibedeau could be passable top six at 18 yrs old with outstanding centres. It’s too much to ask of G.Frasca at 17.
Either way top 6 should be solid. Definitely can always add to it for sure as I’m not sure how the bottom 6 would be. I’m hoping frasca can take a big leap this year but may not be as much as I hope for as he’s been injured for a while with the surgery and all

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

not a hater I would actually cheer as loud as anyone if they succeed.
My comment was that this team in the past has said we are trading our picks and emptying the cabinet to be the top team in the Conference as well as going all the way in the playoffs.
Then the inevitable injuries happen or the team plays a better-prepared team and loses out in the second round at best. But due to the lack of draft picks, they go into a retooling rebuilding year.

Yes there are players available and if the price is right get a center if you need one. Personally, I do';t think you do.

Defence may be an issue. Who knows
Goaltending could be an issue. What happens if Vaccari gets injured?

What I am saying and has been missed is that one or 2 players are not going to make a championship team. Getting to the M Cup when you have to go through London or Saginaw as well as Barrie and who knows who lives in the east is a tough haul.

I would suggest the better route is to see what you have and play them until you have an idea of where the hole is and then trade to fill that hole.

You have a lot of centers the question is how much quality time did Caputi give them?

The coaching to me is not where it needs to be but again hey maybe this is his year.

You have one opening at OA so if someone is out there that can fill the Center void then by all means pick him up. Just don't start selling the farm with dreams of the M Cup.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
not a hater I would actually cheer as loud as anyone if they succeed.
My comment was that this team in the past has said we are trading our picks and emptying the cabinet to be the top team in the Conference as well as going all the way in the playoffs.
Then the inevitable injuries happen or the team plays a better-prepared team and loses out in the second round at best. But due to the lack of draft picks, they go into a retooling rebuilding year.

Yes there are players available and if the price is right get a center if you need one. Personally, I do';t think you do.

Defence may be an issue. Who knows
Goaltending could be an issue. What happens if Vaccari gets injured?

What I am saying and has been missed is that one or 2 players are not going to make a championship team. Getting to the M Cup when you have to go through London or Saginaw as well as Barrie and who knows who lives in the east is a tough haul.

I would suggest the better route is to see what you have and play them until you have an idea of where the hole is and then trade to fill that hole.

You have a lot of centers the question is how much quality time did Caputi give them?

The coaching to me is not where it needs to be but again hey maybe this is his year.

You have one opening at OA so if someone is out there that can fill the Center void then by all means pick him up. Just don't start selling the farm with dreams of the M Cup.
Again going back to my thing from yesterday I’d personally go out and get a high quality 04 that isn’t drafted *cough* abraham that will be back around for next year. If they do that they’ll have a good team this year could go to the third round maybe and following season potentially a championship. If I were them I’d add a good top 6 04 and probably another OA d maybe not the quality of Holmes but someone who can play lines 1 through 3 if need be. If they do that I think that’s all the moves they need for the year. And then next year they could go for it all sell the farm do whatever they need.

Really interested to see what they do with ludwinski. If they keep him obviously they’re going for it. If they don’t then next year is the year that will give everyone here a little glimpse of the future

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Again going back to my thing from yesterday I’d personally go out and get a high quality 04 that isn’t drafted *cough* Abraham that will be back around for next year. If they do that they’ll have a good team this year could go to the third round maybe and following season potentially a championship. If I were them I’d add a good top 6 04 and probably another OA d maybe not the quality of Holmes but someone who can play lines 1 through 3 if need be. If they do that I think that’s all the moves they need for the year. And then next year they could go for it all sell the farm do whatever they need.

Really interested to see what they do with ludwinski. If they keep him obviously they’re going for it. If they don’t then next year is the year that will give everyone here a little glimpse of the future
Ludwinski will be determined by how the team does. If the team is in the hunt then I think they will keep him. If they are mid-pack then it makes more sense to trade him for picks in the next year or 2.

The problem with getting an 04 player is that draft picks will probably not cut it teams are going to want a high price. But again I think that you have to look at what you have first to see where you need the help if not this year then next.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Who has the most value for a trade? Battaglia didn't have an outstanding year, Brooks is an '05 that hasn't shown much, potentially one of the many '05 defensemen we have (Ling/Schneider/McGowan). I like Williamson (apparently he's grown a couple inches to 6'2" since he was drafted and the size is needed on the back-end) so I don't really wanna get rid of him. Maybe someone like Cavallin?

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Who has the most value for a trade? Battaglia didn't have an outstanding year, Brooks is an '05 that hasn't shown much, potentially one of the many '05 defensemen we have (Ling/Schneider/McGowan). I like Williamson (apparently he's grown a couple inches to 6'2" since he was drafted and the size is needed on the back-end) so I don't really wanna get rid of him. Maybe someone like Cavallin?
Williamson isn't 6'2 - I don't think he's "the size needed" player either. Schneider has filled out quite a lot, and is playing more aggressive. I think Battaglia likely gets you the most return of those that you could realistically trade. I agree with an earlier post that Poole and or Hayes may want out to have a chance to play higher up in the lineup - just not sure they are higher up in lineup guys. Outwater could fetch a nice return if he plays decent when healthy. With Ludwinksi, Frasca and Hopkins down the middle - you can use a number of guys for that 4c spot.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Williamson isn't 6'2 - I don't think he's "the size needed" player either. Schneider has filled out quite a lot, and is playing more aggressive. I think Battaglia likely gets you the most return of those that you could realistically trade. I agree with an earlier post that Poole and or Hayes may want out to have a chance to play higher up in the lineup - just not sure they are higher up in lineup guys. Outwater could fetch a nice return if he plays decent when healthy. With Ludwinksi, Frasca and Hopkins down the middle - you can use a number of guys for that 4c spot.
Let's face it unless there is a major injury to a top center the 4th line center is not all that worrisome a position hell it is lucky to get 5 minutes a game and in the playoffs it gets nothing.

Like a lot of teams in every league, the challenge is waiting to see exactly what you have when all the teams have their players back.

One of the things that is a given and known fact is that there is always one 2nd year player that comes back and lights things up and surprises a lot of players.

You have a decent top 4 D you supposedly have a goaltending tandem that will be top of the league. If Ludwinski et al come back to the team hungry you have a top 2 lines that will be competitive.

The challenge is will the coaching be there will the team gel and whether will it be competitive with the rest of the conference.

the second thing to think about is the West. Is Saginaw going to be at the top of the league and dominate or will other teams be that much better? This determines whether a trip to the M Cup is reasonable as a goal or not.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Let's face it unless there is a major injury to a top center the 4th line center is not all that worrisome a position hell it is lucky to get 5 minutes a game and in the playoffs it gets nothing.

Like a lot of teams in every league, the challenge is waiting to see exactly what you have when all the teams have their players back.

One of the things that is a given and known fact is that there is always one 2nd year player that comes back and lights things up and surprises a lot of players.

You have a decent top 4 D you supposedly have a goaltending tandem that will be top of the league. If Ludwinski et al come back to the team hungry you have a top 2 lines that will be competitive.

The challenge is will the coaching be there will the team gel and whether will it be competitive with the rest of the conference.

the second thing to think about is the West. Is Saginaw going to be at the top of the league and dominate or will other teams be that much better? This determines whether a trip to the M Cup is reasonable as a goal or not.
This season, the west is best by a lot. There is no reason for an eastern conference to think about the west before May, unless confident in being the team to beat in the east at the trade dead line.

The Fronts should be thinking about how to get the most out of a dozen 2005 born imo. I think a top 2 centre and a 2-3 D right now helps get the team some wins, and 2005 born on the score sheet more often building confidence in themselves. If any of Frasca, Maillet. Zito, Mayer, Punnet are available early, get them.
If that does not work, you know you have the wrong coach. Don’t expect the coach to have 15+ 2005-07 born playing like 19-20 yr olds when the only real leadership is Ludwinski and Holmes. Holmes is a solid piece, not a player to carry a team.

Last edited:
Reactions: beastintheeast

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Burns is off to the Blues main camp, and no doubt Ludwinski will be as well, however Chicago isn't releasing their list until Thursday. Looks like in addition to ex front stewart going to the Sens main camp, Ben Roger is off to the Columbus main training camp. I think teams will be releasing rosters for training camp over the next day or two.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Nice to get a chance to see more of the regular line-up. Vaccari was excellent and won the game for the Fronts, I liked Holmes, strong on the puck and moved the puck well. McGowan is a much better defencemen then he gets credit for, his first pass is excellent, he jumps into the play well, is fearless along the boards, makes the big hits and protects around the net.

There are moves that need to be made, I know Outwater isn’t back yet but, he’s a player I would try to move now that you are vested into Hopkins, for the new signings, I only think Hopkins should play regularly, get Weir, Vellaris, Bergeron playing time in the OJ. I agree on Brooks, not that he hasn’t improved, but he’s not in a position to get any minutes, I don’t think you can say he hasn’t improved as a player when he is used the way he is, I’m sure if you looked at playing time vs. points his numbers would surprise many.
Looks like Vellaris played a couple games this past weekend for the Mississauga Chargers in the OJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00