Confirmed Signing with Link: Kings sign Daniel Brickley

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
If Montreal is not bigtime in on this guy, they are stupid ****ing idiots. Given the ECHL level LD depth they have.

But Bergevin is the GM so they never even bothered to inquire about him. Cause Bergevin is a neanderthal. He is the dumbest person I have seen still alive.
Bergevin: " so, Daniel...do you speak French at all?
Brickley: I grew up in Utah, so unfortunately, no, I do not speak any French.
Bergevin: Like none..zero..?
Brickley: bonjer?
Bergevin: Thanks for your interest in the Montreal Canadiens and giving us the time to speak with you.

Reactions: CanadianPensFan1

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Two things -1) I doubt they pulled themselves out, this is from Brickley's side of things. 2) I don't get Bob's inclusion of Buffalo at all, like an extra shot or something. Maybe he gets inundated with Sabre fans on Twitter and just wanted to be done with them. Or maybe he doesn't like the Sabres face of something...
Or maybe the sabres pulled themselves out...

Reactions: JetBlue420

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I dont think hes NHL ready so hes gonna be in the A a bit. Guy was a dumpster fire turnover machine the second half of his season. 2 much hype.. Hes gonna bust . Perhaps teams like Detroit and Dallas are offering him NHL minutes the second he signs? Eventho hes not ready. Maybe Buffalo wanted him to start in the A.

I know Dallas isnt officially out but looks like they arent making the playoffs . So maybe they are offering him NHL minutes this year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
there is no bigger opportunity for him than in Chicago.

beside the vast history we have with signing NCAA UFA's, we have an immediate spot for him in our top 4 plus top power play time to give him...and oh yeah, he gets to play with guys like Kane, Toews, Keith, Schmaltz, DeBrincat, Seabs, etc...lots to like here for a team like the Hawks that need 1-2 of these guys, just signed Sikura as well...and 22,000 asses in the stands per home game.

Hawks are very much in on him, Bowman was out there a few times to see him 3-4 weeks last I heard - most of the names I am hearing just makes no sense - the Hawks makes tons of sense for a quality team that is not rebuilding/will bounce back and instant playing time.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
no clue why he would be interested in Detroit

maybe guaranteed playing time and powerplay time because our d is so trash? idk, not a convincing argument for me

It's an important factor. Brickley has to sign an entry level deal, so there's limited guaranteed money that any team can offer. Playing in the NHL versus the AHL is the difference between making $925,000 (and possibly more in bonuses) and $70,000.

He probably wouldn't publicly admit it, but I imagine Will Butcher saw the Devils LHD depth chart and figured he'd have a better chance of cracking the Devils roster than he would on other clubs.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I dont think hes NHL ready so hes gonna be in the A a bit. Guy was a dumpster fire turnover machine the second half of his season. 2 much hype.. Hes gonna bust . Perhaps teams like Detroit and Dallas are offering him NHL minutes the second he signs? Eventho hes not ready. Maybe Buffalo wanted him to start in the A.

I know Dallas isnt officially out but looks like they arent making the playoffs . So maybe they are offering him NHL minutes this year.

he will be guaranteed NHL playing time, only way he signs with a team, plus the team will burn 1 year off his ELC - so ignoring your other ridiculous point, he will not be in the AHL period.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
he will be guaranteed NHL playing time, only way he signs with a team, plus the team will burn 1 year off his ELC - so ignoring your other ridiculous point, he will not be in the AHL period.

Hes not NHL ready... I get this is HFBoards where prospects are seriously overrated but this guy is not close to NHL ready.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hes not NHL ready... I get this is HFBoards where prospects are seriously overrated but this guy is not close to NHL ready.
oh it is the board of overrating prospects, but he is NHL ready, he will be 24 years old, watched at least 15 games alone this season he played in. Isn't a f***ing doubt he is NHL ready. He is DeKeyser on steroids, and DeKeyser hasn't spent a second in the AHL...Brickley is better than Danny D was at the same stage.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Bergevin: " so, Daniel...do you speak French at all?
Brickley: I grew up in Utah, so unfortunately, no, I do not speak any French.
Bergevin: Like none..zero..?
Brickley: bonjer?
Bergevin: Thanks for your interest in the Montreal Canadiens and giving us the time to speak with you.

As someone who is bilingual, the bonjer was awesome lol. Well done.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
What is Brickley's ceiling?

From someone who has seen a good portion of his college games, I'd say he's a #4 at the very best. He has the puck skills to be more than a bottom pairing guy, but I still don't think he's a particularly strong prospect. I felt he had a somewhat disappointing junior season. His mobility is still a bit of an issue, and he's been prone to egregious turnovers (including a big one in his last college game).

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Speculation is Buffalo, Colorado, Detroit, Minnesota and the New York Rangers from what i saw. And now Buffalo is out so not really sure who are among the finalist.
Sean Shapiro, a Dallas writer, said that the Stars are one of the team in on him

Edit: as I continued to scroll down I see this is mentioned already. My bad

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Looking like Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota and possibly Boston are the four finalist.
Yeah my bad I was just tossing in an edit but you were too quick. I just responded as I was reading the thread and didnt realize that it had been mentioned a couple times

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Does anyone have an idea as to how to create him on NHL 18? I want him on my franchise mode. Does anyone know where I can get that information? I know PetrPuck does these kinds of things, but not until later on in the year (I believe). Thanks.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Don't even think about it Kenny

dude our d is complete trash, this would be a good move

Three AHLsers in:
Jensen
Ouellet
Kronwall

bottom four guys in:
DeKeyser
Daley

We've got Green moving on from us after the season is over. We have literally nobody to run a powerplay, he'd get opportunity there for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad