Confirmed Signing with Link: Kings sign Daniel Brickley

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Not sure why any FA with any sort of options or negotiating value would sign with Detroit right now. Detroit is pretty much a reclamation project or "one last contract" type destination all things considered with the state of their organization.

Especially since Zetterberg is likely hanging them up as early as this summer, Detroit is likely to get worse before they get better

Good to hear that you know more about our organization than most

Besides they can only get better from here and if players want to take their chance here then good for them.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Unlikely. The Leafs won’t be gifting unproven players NHL time. Something Brickley would very likely want.

Exactly and not only that there top 6 all needs new contracts soon. No money for Brickley. Leafs hope and dream for every prospect available as always.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If Montreal is not bigtime in on this guy, they are stupid ****ing idiots. Given the ECHL level LD depth they have.

But Bergevin is the GM so they never even bothered to inquire about him. Cause Bergevin is a neanderthal. He is the dumbest person I have seen still alive.

He’s NCAA why would he sign in Montreal? He doesn’t even speak French so wouldn’t Berg not even inquire about em?

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Who cares. These signings never turn out.

If these teams were giving something up for these guys then I'd agree with you, but these are FREE assets. Will Butcher may not be a star but most if not all teams would take him knowing all they had to give up was a contract spot and $$

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Why? He might actually be better then any one we've on the team right now. He might actually improve our D and that's a good thing.

I'd be more open to this kid picking us if he could sign a 3 year ELC. Best he can sign is a 2 year ELC, with one being immediately burned in 2 weeks.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'd be more open to this kid picking us if he could sign a 3 year ELC. Best he can sign is a 2 year ELC, with one being immediately burned in 2 weeks.

He doesn't necessarily have to sign his ELC for this season. Last year Zach Aston-Reese signed an ATO with WBS and signed his ELC to start this season.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
He doesn't necessarily have to sign his ELC for this season. Last year Zach Aston-Reese signed an ATO with WBS and signed his ELC to start this season.

True. Forgot about ZAR. But what are the chances of Brickley doing the same with Detroit? Pens and Wings are on opposite ends of the desirabity scale.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
True. Forgot about ZAR. But what are the chances of Brickley doing the same with Detroit? Pens and Wings are on opposite ends of the desirabity scale.

I think it is relatively rare so likely he will look to burn a year of his ELC.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
He's been to dev camp in Buffalo and his former partner Casey Nelson is signed there. But that relationship was with Tim Murray and his staff, so I'm not sure if they would be on his destination list based on past relationships. Opportunity though? Hell yeah. They can get him into the lineup and he'd probably be their second best LHD even if he played wearing a blindfold and washing back Xanax with his Gatorade.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now, that would be interesting drama.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'd imagine the Rangers will be in on him. Gorton can point to the usage and development of Gilmour and Pionk to show him that he will get a legitimate chance to show his stuff with the big team.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm curious to see if the Penguins are one of the finalists. Brickley is the type of player that the Penguins were consistently finalists for in recent years, they were close with a lot of guys like Schultz, Reilly and Vesey. That has seemingly changed in recent years though, with the Penguins pulling off bigger fish like Aston-Reese, Bengtsson and Johnson.

Their defense is trash, so Brickley could have a great shot at getting into the NHL quickly. The Penguins also have excellent D coaches with Gonchar and Martin, which has yielded some big contracts for defensemen in recent years. Brickley could just look at Justin Schultz and conclude the Pens can help him make a lot of money.
Pittsburgh definitely makes sense.

Columbus on the other hand I can guarantee is not in the running.

Pittsburgh, NYR, Detroit, Chicago and one of the Californian teams would be my guess.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
If young Daniel is paying attention to two things - the ability to move within the top six immediately and a team that has developed collegiate players and like players of his ilk (undrafted collegiate players), Pittsburgh makes perfect sense. The Pens have literally zero D prospects absent Lauzon and he could move into camp ahead of Hunwick because Matt is terrible.

Jim Turcotte

Feb 1, 2018
T
So your telling me that because of Butcher the odds on an undrafted UFA college free agent have actually increased? Who is the last undrafted free agent Dman to make a significant impact? Both Butcher and Schultz were drafted and decided not to sign with there respective team if you recall
Tory Krug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad