Rumor: Karlsson, Pitlick, Hamaliuk, SJS 2026 3rd to Pens | Pens 2024 1st, Granlund, Rutta & Hoffman to SJS | Petry, DeSmith, Legare, & Pens 2025 2nd to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Sharks got such a poor return for Karlsson because they weren't willing to retain more money on Karlsson, that's it. They weren't going to do better than a 1st plus some cap dumps if they were only willing to retain $1.5 million.

I think it's a pretty good deal all around, honestly. Karlsson is expensive for the Penguins at $10 million, but they pretty much only gave up a 1st and a 2nd for him. San Jose got a 1st and some useful players to play today (that they can likely trade for value in the future). Montreal got really good value here by just trading Pitlick (who apparently wanted out) for Petry and a 2nd.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Penguins are old but that's a lot of HHOF leadership that just gained a new one who is still hungry to win. As a Sharks fan but hockey fan first, I'm excited to see Karlsson play with his new team. This probably rejuvenates the older guys.

The makes the penguins younger actually.

Rutta and Karlsson on the same age.

They shipped out 3 other guys over 30

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well…..Not surprising. I’ve been saying all along- 1st rounder and a couple of B prospects, with other roster pieces to make the money work. Really, Ryder71 was one the few who was right there in agreeing.

So the Pens gave up a 1st, Legare and a 2nd…. With pieces like Granlund etc to make the money work.

I said San Jose wouldn’t get a haul, but they would get some useful assets AND show that they are player friendly for future negotiations with free agents etc….. Grier did exactly that.

A lot of people laughed. Hopefully next time people will take what I say a little more seriously…… just here to help.
Thank you my man! And we got a SJ 3rd in '26 also, PIT did very well. Great job by Dubas.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Montreal got really good value here by just trading Pitlick (who apparently wanted out) for Petry and a 2nd.

Trading your 14th forward (I think Rem is a great 4th/3rd liner) and Hoffman's brutal contract for assets of value at all is pretty impressive ... What will be interesting is what happens with Petry.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Desmith sucks, Petry sucks, Granlund is awful. Pens improve there AND bring in a PPG Norris winner to go with Letang. Dayum good trade
I think people are missing the obvious here the Pens are getting Rem Pitlick who is a game changer right?

Reactions: Dog

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Objectively great trade from Dubas here. Somehow gained 3.1 mil in salary off this in exchange for a 1st, 2nd, DeSmith. Wild.
Pens also did the unthinkable and moved all of the crap we needed to, in a single move. Granlund gone, CDS jettisoned off to Montreal, and Petry needed to go with Karlsson coming in.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Trading your 14th forward (I think Rem is a great 4th/3rd liner) and Hoffman's brutal contract for assets of value at all is pretty impressive ... What will be interesting is what happens with Petry.

Yeah and Pitlick is a nice addition for the Penguins because he brings Granlund's skillset for 1/5 of the cost. I really like the Penguins got him.

I don't think anyone did poorly here. If San Jose wanted more, they should have retained more.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Montreal leached off FOUR assets from Pittsburgh without giving up anything of value nor retaining salary AND they got rid of Hoffman

Explain this to me

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
27A6724A-BAFA-48F0-AA22-F4369D580366.png

Reactions: Tritsche

teal

Aug 8, 2006
The makes the penguins younger actually.

Rutta and Karlsson on the same age.

They shipped out 3 other guys over 30
I wasn't commenting on whether this makes the team older or younger. Their stars are old (in hockey terms), that's a fact. Karlsson isn't a young up and comer, he's clearly on the latter end of his career. But he's still the reigning Norris winner, one of the best to have ever played, and joins two similar players in Crosby and Malkin. Between them I anticipate some really fun brainy hockey.

Reactions: Darren McCord

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I thought he wanted to go to a playoff team?
Lol....some more sour grapes

A team that make the playoffs for 16 consecutive seasons and missed last year by a game who had some terrible injuries on the backend to all their defensemen for at least 1/3 of the season isn't in playoff talks.

EK himself said he wanted to go to a playoff team. A guy who is the best offensive Dman this decade but because @Divine says they aren't the Pens arent a playoff team. Thanks for the Sunday comics brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad