Rumor: Karlsson, Pitlick, Hamaliuk, SJS 2026 3rd to Pens | Pens 2024 1st, Granlund, Rutta & Hoffman to SJS | Petry, DeSmith, Legare, & Pens 2025 2nd to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Cool to see him traded to a better team. But let's be honest...

Crosby, Malkin and Letang aren't exactly in their primes. This won't make them a contending team.

Reactions: Yatzhee

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Pens were already as all-in as a team can be so **** it, might as well.

Seems like they barely had to give up much for EK so I like it for them.

Don't think there's much negative to say about this from a Pitts POV but I guess what would scare me a bit is you got 82 games out of Crosby and Malkin last year and still missed the playoffs.

Getting those two that healthy two seasons in a row + EK not regressing to where he was 2 seasons ago (and staying healthy himself) + Jarry staying healthy + Letang staying healthy is a lot of things that need to go right.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Certain Sharks fans with (rather predictable) egg on their face now. The first round pick they got is maybe worth dumping Granlund plus the $1.5M retention on Karlsson.

In other words, EK had net-zero value. As you were told, repeatedly, for months.
Love to see it

Reactions: Dominance

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Well…..Not surprising. I’ve been saying all along- 1st rounder and a couple of B prospects, with other roster pieces to make the money work. Really, Ryder71 was one the few who was right there in agreeing.

So the Pens gave up a 1st, Legare and a 2nd…. With pieces like Granlund etc to make the money work.

I said San Jose wouldn’t get a haul, but they would get some useful assets AND show that they are player friendly for future negotiations with free agents etc….. Grier did exactly that.

A lot of people laughed. Hopefully next time people will take what I say a little more seriously…… just here to help.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Only way can see Habs winning this if they can get Petry to another team for 1st by reducing his salary cap. Hoffman gone was smart move. Pens risked it and Sharks not sure what the logic was but okay haha.

teal

Aug 8, 2006
Penguins are old but that's a lot of HHOF leadership that just gained a new one who is still hungry to win. As a Sharks fan but hockey fan first, I'm excited to see Karlsson play with his new team. This probably rejuvenates the older guys.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad