Rumor: Karlsson, Pitlick, Hamaliuk, SJS 2026 3rd to Pens | Pens 2024 1st, Granlund, Rutta & Hoffman to SJS | Petry, DeSmith, Legare, & Pens 2025 2nd to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I like this for the Habs, good haul for giving up basically nothing.

Underwhelming return for the Sharks, but they didn't have a ton of leverage, so it is what it is.

I get that the Pens kind of have to go for it, but this could definitely backfire if Karlsson doesn't work out/gets hurt/simply isn't enough to get them back to the playoffs. They already had basically the worst prospect pool and future outlook before the trade and then gave up even more draft capital. I guess they did well in shedding some boat anchor contracts, but I still don't see how this makes them an instant contender.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think this is a mistake from Pitts. They just missed the playoffs and the core is not getting any younger. As a free agent or playoff mercenary I could understand, but they could miss the playoffs even with Karlsson next year. Why do they ruin their future rebuild?
Because Crosby Malkin and Letang are still here. f*** anything other than the remainder of their careers right now

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I think this is a mistake from Pitts. They just missed the playoffs and the core is not getting any younger. As a free agent or playoff mercenary I could understand, but they could miss the playoffs even with Karlsson next year. Why do they ruin their future rebuild?

The players they traded off the roster were grossly overpaid and mediocre-to-bad. Are we really supposed to cry about losing a top 10 protected first rounder and a second? Only on Hockey's Future could such a deal be seen as bad.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

To try to win cups? I'd rather go for cups than rebuild.

Reactions: sanscosm

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
amazing trade by the penguins, im guessing they use some of the ltir cap space to sign/trade for a forward

Reactions: Ryder71

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Finally, at long last. Something good happened for the Pittsburgh Penguins!

of all the teams in this league this is the comment . The Pens would be last on the list for a “something good “comment .

I am now going to watch The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca