Rumor: Karlsson, Pitlick, Hamaliuk, SJS 2026 3rd to Pens | Pens 2024 1st, Granlund, Rutta & Hoffman to SJS | Petry, DeSmith, Legare, & Pens 2025 2nd to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
my honest reaction:
1691202943826912.gif

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I disagree.

Take a look at what Pittsburgh actually gave up to get him. Pittsburgh gave up a 1st, 2nd, prospect and 4 roster players for Karlsson. They just needed to give some of those assets to another team to make the $ work. Karlsson still clearly had value though.

The prospect is equal to the prospect San Jose gave up. It was just a wash. Legare has been a huge dissapointment

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I think this is a mistake from Pitts. They just missed the playoffs and the core is not getting any younger. As a free agent or playoff mercenary I could understand, but they could miss the playoffs even with Karlsson next year. Why do they ruin their future rebuild?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Good move for Pittsburgh. Getting out from major contracts and landing Karlsson. They obviously have to go all in for the Crosby/Malkin/Letang core so this achieves that. When it comes to an end it will be ugly for them but might be fun for the fans until that day actually comes

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think this is a mistake from Pitts. They just missed the playoffs and the core is not getting any younger. As a free agent or playoff mercenary I could understand, but they could miss the playoffs even with Karlsson next year. Why do they ruin their future rebuild?

Because they can't rebuild as long as Crosby and Malkin are on the team.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
It is rare that we get a full 3 team trade these days and even rarer one like this. I think this is a bad trade all already.
SJ a team that needs to rebuild got a bunch of older players for Karlsson.
Pittsburgh traded a bunch of depth for Karlsson who is very talented offensively but a trainwreck is his own zone. With Pittsburgh's average at best goaltending and already meh defense this isn't going to help.
Montreal as usual traded an overpriced older player for an even pricier older player and meh backup goalie.

Losers all around on this one.
What are you talking about?

The players are for cap reasons and SJ can also flip them at the deadline. The real return was the 1st.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
As long as sid geno and letang are on the team they are going for it.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Short answer, because Geno and Sid are still scoring above ppg clip. Neither missed a game last year. This is their motivation piece to go balls out for their last few years together.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Classic HF to merge thread even tho it clearly deserve his own. Wtv.

Good deal for MTL. We get a 2nd pick for Hoffman, thats crazy.

I guess Petry will be shipped somewhere
Montreal gets a second for taking Petry's contract instead of Hoffman's. Basically, a 2nd for the extra year on Petry's deal.

Pitlick is meh and could have gotten lost on waivers.

Reactions: 1909 and Dubi Doo

duul

Jun 21, 2010
They just moved out a few cap dumps and moved a 1st and 2nd for the best offensive defenceman in the entire league. What do you mean?

Their stars are at the age now where they'll start declining. It's time to go all in for them. There is no rebuild or hanging in the towel yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad