Rumor: Karlsson, Pitlick, Hamaliuk, SJS 2026 3rd to Pens | Pens 2024 1st, Granlund, Rutta & Hoffman to SJS | Petry, DeSmith, Legare, & Pens 2025 2nd to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

New thread for Karlsson news. Try and keep this one on topic please.

Per Friedman:

“I still do think it’s primarily two teams, Pittsburgh and Carolina,” the insider said. “If there’s somebody else there, I’m not aware of it.”

Last edited by a moderator:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Unless Pens can find a third partner for Petry and move granlund, no deal. Plus SJ has to eat 3 million per. There is not a big marker Karlsson with that cap hit and one year of very good play out of 5. Canes have the assets to make the deal. Pens really don't.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who's going to be Letang's partner and who's going to be Karlsson's partner if the trade happens with the Pens? Lots of PP firepower but not so sure Karlsson is a good fit with the Pens. Seems like another Burns/Karlsson issue to me. Did the Sharks really need Karlsson?

When Burns left the Sharks, I was all over drafting Karlsson in several hockey pools. I knew usage would increase and he would become the go to guy primarily.

Reactions: wintersej

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who's going to be Letang's partner and who's going to be Karlsson's partner if the trade happens with the Pens? Lots of PP firepower but not so sure Karlsson is a good fit with the Pens. Seems like another Burns/Karlsson issue to me. Did the Sharks really need Karlsson?

When Burns left the Sharks, I was all over drafting Karlsson in several hockey pools. I knew usage would increase and he would become the go to guy primarily.
Yes, the Sharks needed Karlsson. They don't even get out of the first round in 2019 without Karlsson playing injured.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Their D pairs would be:

Graves-Letang
Pettersson-Karlsson
Joseph-Rutta

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If Pittsburgh pulls this off I think you see 5 metro teams and 3 Atlantic because If Pittsburgh lands Karlsson I can't see them missing again.

If Carolina lands him it MIGHT be 4 and 4.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If Pittsburgh pulls this off I think you see 5 metro teams and 3 Atlantic because If Pittsburgh lands Karlsson I can't see them missing again.

If Carolina lands him it MIGHT be 4 and 4.
I thought the same about San Jose before 2019-2020...

Shit happens. Crosby and Malkin were both healthy for a full season last year (when was the last time that happened?) and they missed.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Shit happens. Crosby and Malkin were both healthy for a full season last year (when was the last time that happened?) and they missed.

They missed by a point, I think Erik Karlsson gets them a point.

Hell Reilly Smith probably gets them a point.

Reactions: Khelandros

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Why would you think that about the Sharks at that time? They were going into the season with significantly less depth than the previous season but were able to keep their bad goaltending.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It would be the same scenario if he went to Carolina, where he would again be stuck with Burns on the same D-corps.

So either way, he's likely going to a team where he'll have to split the offensive duties. At least with the Pens there's a possibility (however unlikely) they'd use him as the main offensive guy to give Letang a bit less responsibility.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Karlsson would be such a luxury for Pitt that overpaying would be dumb. If SJ wants more that’s fine we should move on

Why overpay for EK when we have Letang who is essentially the same player

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Evgeni Malkin would like to have a word with you in the back alley.
The guy that will be 39 years old that last season on his contract after Crosby plays out his remaining 2? Way more likely the Pens will be forwarding his checks to Russia with him on LTIR than him playing meaningful hockey in Pitts. Pens are old and already teetering on the edge of the cliff much less worrying about 3 seasons out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino