Rumor: Karlsson, Pitlick, Hamaliuk, SJS 2026 3rd to Pens | Pens 2024 1st, Granlund, Rutta & Hoffman to SJS | Petry, DeSmith, Legare, & Pens 2025 2nd to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So, weak team or perennial choker? He could certainly do better...

MRW an Oilers fan is talking shit about how other teams do in the playoffs:

giphy.gif

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
If only either of those teams could be like the Oilers, perennial losers who are a 2-man show who are going to waste the careers of 2 of the best players the league has seen in the last 2 decades.

Something something glass houses.
But I mean, Karlsson isn't going to the Oilers, why make this about them? Your insecurity is coming through.

Lets try to stay on topic here.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
What insecurity is there here? You're taking shots at 2 more successful teams than your team, of course you're going to receive shots back.
At this point, the Oilers may win a cup before either of these two going forward...

But like I said, lets stay on topic.

Clearly there is something wrong in Carolina, they've been pretty solid for a long time now and always choke in the playoffs. I think it's unlikely Karlsson is going to be the magic fix, and Pittsburgh is on it's way down, he's not going to bring them back to the glory days, I think he'd definitely serve himself better on other contenders.

Last edited:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
At this point, the Oilers may win a cup before either of these two going forward...

Clearly there is something wrong in Carolina, they've been pretty solid for a long time now and always choke in the playoffs. I think it's unlikely Karlsson is going to be the magic fix, and Pittsburgh is on it's way down, he's not going to bring them back to the glory days, I think he'd definitely serve himself better on other contenders.
Choke? No. They lose to better teams.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Theres nothing wrong with them. If anything theyre overachievers. They havent had the degree of high end talent of Tampa or some other teams. They're a high floor low ceiling team compared to other contending teams.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Tbf so does Edmonton
I always find it funny when teams lose to other teams that are just as good if not better and then people claim they choked. Boston choked because they had a 3-1 lead. Winnipeg nor Edmonton choked just because they lost to Vegas.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I always find it funny when teams lose to other teams that are just as good if not better and then people claim they choked. Boston choked because they had a 3-1 lead. Winnipeg nor Edmonton choked just because they lost to Vegas.
Sharks most of the 2000s/2010s because DW didn't know how to build a modern defense, acquire forward depth, or sign/trade for good goalies

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It would be the same scenario if he went to Carolina, where he would again be stuck with Burns on the same D-corps.

So either way, he's likely going to a team where he'll have to split the offensive duties. At least with the Pens there's a possibility (however unlikely) they'd use him as the main offensive guy to give Letang a bit less responsibility.

I think he fits very well with Ekholm on the Oilers but they don't have the cap space to make that move. Oilers can use Karlsson on the PP to make it even more deadly. Bouchard can play the 2nd unit.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
They missed by a point, I think Erik Karlsson gets them a point.

Hell Reilly Smith probably gets them a point.
You're assuming that other teams won't improve either. Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, even Columbus all look to be better than last season (whether through additions or guys returning from injury). Both the Atlantic and the Metro will once again be a dogfight.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The only advantage of Karlsson is the Pens after a couple years can move him for prospects/picks. Petry in 2 years is done as his contract is up. But is that worth the cost to acquire him? NOt to me.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Am I the only one that cant understand why these are the two teams that seem most likely to land him? The whole reason Karlsson wants to be traded is so he has a chance to win a cup. Even with Karlsson, Pittsburgh isn't going to win another one with their aging core. Carolina makes sense in that they're definitely a contender, but Burns makes Karlsson redundant doesn't he? And its not like they showed an ability to perform well together when they were both with the Sharks.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Am I the only one that cant understand why these are the two teams that seem most likely to land him? The whole reason Karlsson wants to be traded is so he has a chance to win a cup. Even with Karlsson, Pittsburgh isn't going to win another one with their aging core. Carolina makes sense in that they're definitely a contender, but Burns makes Karlsson redundant doesn't he? And its not like they showed an ability to perform well together when they were both with the Sharks.
I think he's gonna be an Oiler.

:D

Same source as Ekulund.

My own ass.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Don't deflect, you know the Canes are choke city and your team is weaksauce.
18-19: as a wildcard team, got beat by Boston who was a superior team. Not a choke
19-20: Again, got beat by Boston who was a superior team. Not a choke
20-21: Lost to Tampa, who was the Stanley cup champs and a superior team. Not a choke
21-22: Lost to the NYR in 7 games. They were the favorites so some may say that's a choke, but in reality they had only 6 more points than NYR that season, so the team's were very even. The Canes were also left to play with their 2nd and 3rd string goalies in that series vs. playing against the best goalie in the NHL, which is a great equalizer.
22-23: Lost to FLA. That could qualify as a choke, but FLA beat Boston and Toronto before beating Carolina as well.

but he's right an Oiler's fan talking about other team's playoff failures is rather comical.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
For the record, I was talking about his literal front lawn of his house, that showed up in an instagram story like 2 years ago. The lawn looked like shit.
Mod in OP - “try to keep this thread on topic, please.”

Next few posts - “Friedman needs to shave.” “What a bad looking front lawn he has!”

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad