Injury Report: Kaprizov out 3-4 weeks, lower-body injury

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Does anyone enjoy playing monopoly? It just seems like a game everyone owns a version of but nobody really enjoys playing it.
I love to the part of it where I stash away half my monopoly money in my pocket slowly over the course of the game, and then when people think they've got me beat, I just pull a fat wad of cash out of my pocket and keep playing. You would not believe the salt level.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Hopefully the camera adds 10 pounds...(all located in the left ankle)
20230331_195127.jpg

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Of course the name of the guy on the Jets who destroyed Kirill is Stanley...

We'll play them again soon, they'll probably bench him.

Southern Minny

Nov 29, 2021
Of course the name of the guy on the Jets who destroyed Kirill is Stanley...

We'll play them again soon, they'll probably bench him.
LOL I thought that too, but think of it this way, I'd be like no dumbass you did this you're playing and taking what's coming to you, we're not getting our asses kicked for what you did.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Seems to be both shadows and bruising. His left ankle is turned more laterally. We see the right ankle en-face, AND further from the camera.

This picture makes things look worse than they are, at least optically.

He did get very hurt, though.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Kaprizov's comments 3/27 on his injury and rehab to Russian media, google translated...

"How do you feel, how is the recovery process? Nothing, slowly. Normal, basically. Everything seems to be going according to plan. Let's see how I feel. It's up to me when I get out. Let's wait and see, so I can't say for sure. Just an unpleasant place, it is impossible to immediately name the exact dates. Maybe earlier, maybe a week later. The team does not force? Rather yes than no. What is the point of taking risks, then to go out and fly out again for a longer time? It makes no sense. It’s better to recover to the end, play a few games at the end of the season and come to the playoffs in better shape than to come out early and be relegated again.

Can I tell you in more detail what kind of injury to the lower body? They don't say that here, so it's best not to specify, I guess. They always say "lower body injury" here. Nothing super serious? No, in principle, it's normal, it happens like that. Unpleasantly simple, but there is nothing really super-serious. Nothing, okay. It will heal like a dog, as they say, ”said Kaprizov on the air of the YouTube channel Liga Stavki .

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
"...as they say"

Wth? lol. Who says that? Would have to bet that's some Russian phrase.
I had the same reaction, but now I sort of think if he meant "like a bitch" but Google translated it weird. Maybe the conversation as translated by a human would be more like:

Can you tell us more about the injury?
"In the NHL, we're not really supposed to specify ...
... It's going to heal alright, but it's gonna be a real bitch, as they say."

Reactions: MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I had the same reaction, but now I sort of think if he meant "like a bitch" but Google translated it weird. Maybe the conversation as translated by a human would be more like:

Pfft. That's not a thing that happens. :sarcasm:

But, yeah. I'd guess you're likely correct.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

I think its an idiom, dogs are pretty notorious for having some nasty looking leg limps one day and looking perfectly fine the next. Think he is implying it should be healing without any intervention or any issues, just rest.

Reactions: kp61c and BagHead

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3