Injury Report: Kaprizov out 3-4 weeks, lower-body injury

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Am a bit worried that injury is going to have an impact on his skating when he returns.

Team likely needs roughly 14 out of 34 points to make the playoffs, so I’m not concerned about that.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Reaves doesn't fold Stanley in half next meeting with the Jets, he's 100% pointless to have on the Wild roster.

I'd say Connor, Morrissey, Scheifele or Dubois. Going after Stanley doesn't accomplish anything.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If Reaves doesn't fold Stanley in half next meeting with the Jets, he's 100% pointless to have on the Wild roster.
Well...Stanley got away with it.
The league says it was an unfortunate play. No penalty, no fine, no suspension.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
When your entire season is a house of cards built on a cotton candy foundation this is the type of thing that ends the delusion. The entire Reaves experiment has now been proven 100% worthless because that was as serious of a liberty taken with your superstar player as one can imagine and the team didn’t respond in any meaningful way. It was like watching the f***ing leafs respond to being manhandled. Nothing , bupkiss. Just turtled and watched the best player in franchise history have the rest of his regular season ended by a goon.

Now the excuse for being trounced in the first round will be Kirill being rushed back AND Zucc playing through an injury.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
We ended up winning the game, thats the most important response for me. Maybe if we were up 2 or more goals then yeah i woulda liked to see someone stand up but not in a 1 goal game. Im sure we will see something when we play them next.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's the Wild...if this was Bergeron or Crosby the NHL would at least fine Stanley. We've seen this way too many times. If I was Guerin I would be screaming at Parros.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's the Wild...if this was Bergeron or Crosby the NHL would at least fine Stanley. We've seen this way too many times. If I was Guerin I would be screaming at Parros.

Fine him for what? There wasn't a hit to the head, it wasn't knee to knee, no slashing, not boarding, not diving, not charging, not a late hit. Being a big guy that lands badly on a small guy?

Kap got injured on a hockey play, it happens. If it was Shaw or Dewar in the same position it wouldn't be an issue, just them being dumb for trying a reverse check on a guy that's much bigger than them.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Not sure what Reaves has to do with Kaprizov - Reaves was brought in to add some character to the locker room and add some grit/size to the 4th checking line to a somewhat smaller makeup of Shaw/Dewar.

Reactions: Sad People

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
This is going to shake up the lines a lot. Who is Zuccarello going to carry next?

More seriously, I hope they learn to start scoring as a team rather than relying on just one guy. This is the sort of adversity that Cup Contenders get through, so we'll see what we have, now.

Reactions: MNRube

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This is going to shake up the lines a lot. Who is Zuccarello going to carry next?

More seriously, I hope they learn to start scoring as a team rather than relying on just one guy. This is the sort of adversity that Cup Contenders get through, so we'll see what we have, now.

Evason is still the coach. So it'll probably just be Duhaime (if healthy), Steel, or whoever is called up playing with Zucc/Hartman.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Fine him for what? There wasn't a hit to the head, it wasn't knee to knee, no slashing, not boarding, not diving, not charging, not a late hit. Being a big guy that lands badly on a small guy?

Kap got injured on a hockey play, it happens. If it was Shaw or Dewar in the same position it wouldn't be an issue, just them being dumb for trying a reverse check on a guy that's much bigger than them.
For making a dangerous play. I didn't know that tackling a player is legal in the NHL.

This wasn't a hockey play

P10p

May 15, 2012
For making a dangerous play. I didn't know that tackling a player is legal in the NHL.

This wasn't a hockey play

Kap tried to reverse hit Stanley and went too low. Stanley fell and you know the rest. Wasn't premeditated by any stretch

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Could've easily been a penalty, but nothing more than that.

Should have been a holding penalty. I'm not asking for him to be fined or suspended, I agree there's nothing to fine or suspend him for. But as long as Reaves is on the roster, guys like Stanley (who do have a history of questionable hits) should feel very uncomfortable getting that aggressive with Kaprizov, even if it wasn't a dirty play.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
I have a bad feeling the flames are gonna go on a run and knock us outta playoff contention with Kap out.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I have a bad feeling the flames are gonna go on a run and knock us outta playoff contention with Kap out.

I have CGY going 9-5-2 the rest of the way. So 20p, maybe 25p? So sitting somewhere between 91p-96p in the standings.

I have MN with 4-10-3 without Kap or Nyquist. So puts them at 92p They are going to need the goalies to steal a few points to get the the "safe zone" of 96p.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
I have CGY going 9-5-2 the rest of the way. So 20p, maybe 25p? So sitting somewhere between 91p-96p in the standings.

I have MN with 4-10-3 without Kap or Nyquist. So puts them at 92p They are going to need the goalies to steal a few points to get the the "safe zone" of 96p.
Hope he will heal in time but those injurys can linger for alot longer than 3-4 weeks.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Maybe my meds are kicking in, but I'm not overly concerned. Then again, I still haven't felt that we were a shoe-in for a playoff spot, and if we made it, would still get knocked right out.

Low expectations, people. Join me!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad