OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
That Leafs roster really has no excuse. If they were losing because their goaltending is so outmatched against the Boston duo...okay fine.

But they're losing because their core guys just don't show up. The Leafs have scored more than 2 goals once in the last 12 playoffs games, they've got some of the best offensive players in the game. It's pathetic.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Some are saying Marner has a high ankle sprain or some shit. His skating is not as explosive as it used to be.

Robert Bortuzzo extends the series. lol or was that tipped by Barzal? ETA: It was Barzal's goal.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Nylander was ripping Marner in that clip from above. Keefe is now 4-12 at home in the playoffs as Leafs coach with 6 straight playoff home losses.

I've maintained for years that he is Boudreau 2.0, a great regular season coach who isn't good enough to take you all the way.

I can see Treliving going after Qunneville this off season, assuming of course that the league reinstates him.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Nylander was ripping Marner in that clip from above. Keefe is now 4-12 at home in the playoffs as Leafs coach with 6 straight playoff home losses.

I've maintained for years that he is Boudreau 2.0, a great regular season coach who isn't good enough to take you all the way.

I can see Treliving going after Qunneville this off season, assuming of course that the league reinstates him.
Let me introduce you to Mike Sullivan. I’m sure we can wotk something out.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Can we trade Sullivan to the Leafs? Asking for a friend.

We owe it to the man to give him a chance to lead a team in the Mecca of hockey and get interviewed by the best journalists. Make it happen, FSG and whoever owns the Leafs!

The Dallas game was crazy, Vegas almost pulled it off despite Dallas probably having more breakaways than Vegas had scoring chances.

The Islanders with their cockroach impersonation again but I am not displeased to see at least one more derby of Florida.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

Meanwhile Nylander missed the first three games because... ??

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The Avs are so frigging good, and look so god damn focused offensively, its almost painful watching them snuff out the Jets. Most impressively (because ours is so pathetic) their PP wastes no time. They get a man advantage with 1 minute left in the second, MacK is calling for the puck, they put it down low and get a scrappy goal within 35 seconds.

Its not a future we want to contemplate, but it does make me curious about the potential of Sid playing there. IMO, the fit goes beyond the MacK connection. They’re just a serious, business-like hockey machine, that takes advantage of every thing their opponents give them.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Avs are so frigging good, and look so god damn focused offensively, its almost painful watching them snuff out the Jets. Most impressively (because ours is so pathetic) their PP wastes no time. They get a man advantage with 1 minute left in the second, MacK is calling for the puck, they put it down low and get a scrappy goal within 35 seconds.

Its not a future we want to contemplate, but it does make me curious about the potential of Sid playing there. IMO, the fit goes beyond the MacK connection. They’re just a serious, business-like hockey machine, that takes advantage of every thing their opponents give them.
Sid should go there if he’s serious about winning…we’re not winning anything any time soon…also, if Sid was serious was about winning, he’d tell FSG to get out of Sullivan’s contract lol..I’d be fine with Sid leaving and trading him for some good picks and prospects this summer that probably would return the Pens to some level of respectability sooner..he could be traded for this upcoming season and then return here as a UFA

Reactions: Extra Texture

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Sid should go there if he’s serious about winning…we’re not winning anything any time soon…also, if Sid was serious was about winning, he’d tell FSG to get out of Sullivan’s contract lol..I’d be fine with Sid leaving and trading him for some good picks and prospects this summer that probably would return the Pens to some level of respectability sooner..he could be traded for this upcoming season and then return here as a UFA
Agreed, completely. Best case scenario is he ages like fine wine here AND changes are made in the team to allow us to be competitive and not waste his last few years.

But since that probably wont happen, if he gets tired and quietly asks out, he would be a force on that team. Sid would be in the strange position of being the less serious franchise pillar compared to MacK. And if Landeskog really is done, they have about 17m in cap space with a team of guys who are locked up for their primes, with a few exceptions, and ready to win now.

Most importantly, they're a hell of a team to watch, and easy to root for.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I imagine they sign Mittlestadt for many years.

Reactions: Extra Texture

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Crosby on the Avs would be so unfair. MacKinnon would switch to wing to play with his BFF. I'm totally down for a Crosby to Avs trade, but no clue what we would get future wise.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I imagine they sign Mittlestadt for many years.
Yup. They're in a good spot with him, though I was initially surprised by that trade. Him and Makar, mid 20s. Their top guys in their late 20s, and early 30s. If this core of theirs can put one or even two more banners in the rafter, I'm sure they wont give a shit about losing some picks in 2028 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad