Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 50 19.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Man hockey fans have such a weird size fetish. Catton is an elite player that constantly attacks the middle of the ice and has an extremely high hockey IQ but because he doesn't make the arbitrary cut off of 6'0" he's not gonna take us anywhere in the playoffs. Nevermind Point, Marchand, Kucherov, Kane, Briere, or any of the other great playoff performers who were considered "small".
Bro could barely handle the WHL playoffs :laugh:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Yeah, it definitely isn't the wrong way to look at it, considering your next sentence and example from 2018 literally nullifies what you just said previously, as there were star players up to the 12th pick. Team needs to draft well, no shit lmao. Picking 5th should help with that. The direct competition only matters if they're in the same competition window. The teams in the top 4 are looking to stay there for a while.

Anaheim definitely has better pieces especially if Zellweger becomes a top pair guy.

Chicago could very easily pass us in about 2 years if get Celebrini.

SJ I agree. CLB is a weird team, don't really know what to think of them.

Both the Habs and the farm team missed the playoffs. A lot of people are overvaluying the prospects coming in.

Last edited:

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Man hockey fans have such a weird size fetish. Catton is an elite player that constantly attacks the middle of the ice and has an extremely high hockey IQ but because he doesn't make the arbitrary cut off of 6'0" he's not gonna take us anywhere in the playoffs. Nevermind Point, Marchand, Kucherov, Kane, Briere, or any of the other great playoff performers who were considered "small".

I'm watching Dallas vs Vegas right now.

Dallas has 1 forward playing under 6 foot.

Vegas has 1 forward playing under 6 foot.

It's not just hockey fans with this fetish. Its 2 of the GMs who built contenders.

Reactions: austin316

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Leafs proving once again that talent isn't enough if it can't impose itself in the playoffs.
They're also proving what happens when you don't invest in a decent defense.

It was an interesting experiment and it might've worked but Marner is just so brutal and Tavares wasn't healthy and now he's old. It's a really bad mix of players.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If you are small…you better play big.
i don’t want a regular season hero like Marner, we are trying to win in the playoffs. Like the lists of small guys people keep posting, all of them play with real grit…and are thicccc

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sennecke 1 point away from being the OHL point leader in the playoffs. Only been held pointless once in this postseason. That combined with his 22 points in his last 12 regular season games. He’s finally getting used to his crazy growth spurt. I bet a lot of teams are intrigued.
Good find. I heard good stuff about him before. Wonder if Hughes will go off the board?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No one expected them to take Rainbecker last year either..

Not true at all. I told you guys all of the information coming out from Basu Godin Pronman etc that pointed to it being Reinbacher or Leonard. Yet no one wanted to believe they weren't taking Michkov so they huffed copium and declared it all a smokescreen.

Bro could barely handle the WHL playoffs :laugh:

He did better than Tij against Prince George and he did it with an injury that kept him from the u18s.

Trying to over analyze one playoff series would be a fault in evaluation. Both Tij and Catton would be off the radar if all we cared about was how they did on a massively inferior team against one of the best teams in the W.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Bobby Mac usually releases an updated top 10 of his poll of GMs on draft lottery night. With the uncertainty from picks 2-16 this year, it will be interesting to see how much shuffling takes place on his May 7th list.

I'm also curious to see where Sennecke ends up on the final list in late-June before the draft. I'm sure scouts and GMs are drooling over Sennecke's 2nd half surge, massive playoff, growth spurt combined with impressive skillset, and his current trajectory. He could be this year's Wyatt Johnston.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Bobby Mac usually releases an updated top 10 of his poll of GMs on draft lottery night. With the uncertainty from picks 2-16 this year, it will be interesting to see how much shuffling takes place on his May 7th list.

I'm also curious to see where Sennecke ends up on the final list in late-June before the draft. I'm sure scouts and GMs are drooling over Sennecke's 2nd half surge, massive playoff, growth spurt combined with impressive skillset, and his current trajectory. He could be this year's Wyatt Johnston.
Just watched some highlights to get caught up on this kid. He looks very intriguing. Not sure he is 5th overall at this point, but would be something if he somehow fell to 25th.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Just watched some highlights to get caught up on this kid. He looks very intriguing. Not sure he is 5th overall at this point, but would be something if he somehow fell to 25th.
There's no way Sennecke's falling to #25. He was #19 on Bobby Mac's mid-year poll in January which was before his massive second half and playoff as he learns to play in a body that grew 5 inches in less than two years. He'll be a significant riser.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
There's no way Sennecke's falling to #25. He was #19 on Bobby Mac's mid-year poll in January which was before his massive second half and playoff as he learns to play in a body that grew 5 inches in less than two years. He'll be a significant riser.
Seems that way. Looks damn impressive, and I've ignored him all year. Curious to see where he lands now.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad