Injury Report: Kaprizov out 3-4 weeks, lower-body injury

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
As he said in that interview it's nothing to worry about. It's clear that the team wants him to start skating but he wants to wait a few more days. Then you heard his plan, wants to play a couple of games at the end of regular season to get in shape for the playoffs.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
A zoomed in frame of the same picture doesnt change the point i was trying to make. Id be willing to guess that its the angle of the photo thats making it look THAT BAD. Change angles im sure it would look completely different. Now that doesnt mean that the ankle could still be swollen from his injury.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A zoomed in frame of the same picture doesnt change the point i was trying to make. Id be willing to guess that its the angle of the photo thats making it look THAT BAD. Change angles im sure it would look completely different. Now that doesnt mean that the ankle could still be swollen from his injury.
I'm just saying I think no matter the angle, it's looking unnaturally wide.
Could be due to a brace

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Next step would be contact I assume. It's one thing to put your body weight on your ankle, another thing to also put someone else's on it.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Internet jumps to conclusions based on grainy/far from clear picture and Kaprizov comes out the next day and does that :laugh:
He didn't want more negative speculation, time to show them...

Maybe it would be better if the team was more open about injuries. But I'd say it has something to do with the law, shouldn't publish ones medical records.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Internet jumps to conclusions based on grainy/far from clear picture and Kaprizov comes out the next day and does that :laugh:
The internet these days is something else. Before the raise of social media, I remember on this site, when Granlund was a prospect we were debating if he was a smoker because he a a big rectangle object in his jeans pocket in a street picture.

Reactions: Devonator

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
In a sport where your opponents can actively target your injuries without repercussions, it makes perfect sense to be as discrete as possible, in this case it’s pretty obvious but still in the Wild and Kaprizov’s best interest to remain tight lipped about the extent of the injury.

Reactions: Sad People

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It has nothing to do with this.
There was a statement from the league a while ago about this. And it makes sense, you don't want your doc to tell the world about your medical issues.

But of course they don't want other teams to know about the details as well.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Maybe it would be better if the team was more open about injuries. But I'd say it has something to do with the law, shouldn't publish ones medical records.

They aren't specific about the injury because they don't need to be specific about it.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Doesn't mean he wasn't wearing a brace or something in that image.

Nothing to do with that, it's NHL policy not to disclose specific injuries so as the player doesn't get targeted.
NFL, MLB, NBA always gives specifics on injuries.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Watching Robertson blow past 100 makes me kind of sad to see Kaprizov's season end prematurely. He'll be back for the playoffs but man it'd been nice to see him hit 50 goals and 100 points again this season. More so Robertson shows how important it is to have a skilled center. Zuccs is no slouch but he's a notch below Pavs.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Watching Robertson blow past 100 makes me kind of sad to see Kaprizov's season end prematurely. He'll be back for the playoffs but man it'd been nice to see him hit 50 goals and 100 points again this season. More so Robertson shows how important it is to have a skilled center. Zuccs is no slouch but he's a notch below Pavs.
Zucc isn't a center?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Forgot Pavs is now on wing. But still Hintz is better than what we have at center and Pavs is better than Zuccs.
I'm surprised that Pavelski is only 6 points ahead of Zuccarello. Played 2 more games and has Robertson on his line who just reached 100 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00