Recalled/Assigned: Josh Ho-Sang assigned to Bridgeport *Sent Down to BST 12/15*

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
absolutely killing this kid, between Snow and Thompson, I don't care what faults he has, you mean to tell me he is deserving of getting scratched in Bridgeport? Ho-Sang is either going to demand a trade, or he is going to play with a not so good chip on his shoulder while he is here, and than eventually get traded to another team and be a solid player for them, just you watch, ****ing Snow and Thompson, no one gives a F about you a-holes, it is about the players not your egos
Snow and Thompson are but two in a long line of coaches/managers/scouts that have had issues with Ho-Sang.

Reactions: dood

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Many scouts, his junior coaches, Hockey Canada, Capuano, Snow, Weight and now Brent Thompson have all had issues with the kids attitude/maturity. At what point is it on the kid?

Now a healthy scratch in the AHL. Yeesh...

or maybe all these egotistical A-holes have an issue with Ho-Sang which is more about his play on the ice and they are taking it out on him, based on the 43 games I have seen of him, he is deserving of getting a roster spot on our team, and I will bet if you took a poll of the Islander fans who have seen him they will overwhelmingly agree

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
or maybe all these egotistical A-holes have an issue with Ho-Sang which is more about his play on the ice and they are taking it out on him, based on the 43 games I have seen of him, he is deserving of getting a roster spot on our team, and I will bet if you took a poll of the Islander fans who have seen him they will overwhelmingly agree
Yeah. Maybe...

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Snow and Thompson are but two in a long line of coaches/managers/scouts that have had issues with Ho-Sang.

yes and it is a snow-ball effect, if you knew nothing about Ho-Sangs personality or the "issues" he has had in the past , you would see an exciting player who is deserving to be up here

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
absolutely killing this kid, between Snow and Thompson, I don't care what faults he has, you mean to tell me he is deserving of getting scratched in Bridgeport? Ho-Sang is either going to demand a trade, or he is going to play with a not so good chip on his shoulder while he is here, and than eventually get traded to another team and be a solid player for them, just you watch, ****ing Snow and Thompson, no one gives a F about you a-holes, it is about the players not your egos

I tend to believe the populists here... it seems he has been a difficult guy to coach throughout his life, this was before he was even drafted... my guess is that it is immaturity and you have to wait for this phase to end...

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Kid will play with the islanders. The islanders really wanted this guy, traded up to grab him, and they still do. Whatever this kids issues are, the islanders wanna make sure they work them out so he can have an impact with this team. Could he help us right now, maybe. I’m not in the room, I can only watch and speculate. I think everyone needs to relax and let this play out. These five day breaks are deadly.

Last edited:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Kid will play with the islanders. The islanders really wanted this guy, traded up to grab him, and they still do. Whatever this kids issues are, the islanders wanna make sure they work them out so he can have a impact with this team. Could he help us right now, maybe. I’m not in the room, I can only watch and speculate. I think everyone needs to relax and let this play out. These five day breaks are deadly.
Exactly. The Isles clearly see something in H0-Sang. Not sure why some people think they are intentionally sandbagging him.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Probably. Plus the team's shortcomings are giving up too many scoring chances. Ho-Sang doesn't address that.

He would be best suited to learn under Thompson and probably have Thompson up as the assistant coach to the real coach they finally hire and that will serve him well, he should be sheltered from the nightly assault and battery

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I think a game or two here and there as long as it’s not conveyed as a punishment is good for him. He can learn and gain perspective being removed.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Good quote from Ho-Sang here:

“I think they just want me to be the best version of me possible,” Ho-Sang said. “That’s what everyone wants. They’re trying to figure it out.”

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Minnesota would never make that trade

I disagree. I think they would make that trade today.NYI had better not make a desperate move like that. JHS will be a player in this league. Stewart is on his way out in a year or so.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Good quote from Ho-Sang here:
I don't see this as a good quote. Josh shouldn't be leaving it up to the coaches to figure out. It's up to him, and only him. They can't do it for him.

He's had this problem at every level. It's about time he figures it out for himself.

Reactions: FourRings

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Everyone learns or takes criticism differently which
Concerns me that the Isles staff see only see things as black or white
If the isles ever want to become a team that knows how to develop
Young players they need to add some Grey and find ways to get what they need while not losing a player and his skill set because they see things done only 1 way

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't see this as a good quote. Josh shouldn't be leaving it up to the coaches to figure out. It's up to him, and only him. They can't do it for him.

He's had this problem at every level. It's about time he figures it out for himself.
Yeah, I interpreted that the same way (the "They're trying to figure it out"). It kind of sounds like he expects the coaches to adjust to his subjective hockey reality, or at least meet him somewhere in the middle. That's usually not the way it works. It's up to him to adjust to objective hockey reality and also to his coaches subjective interpretation of what that is. If he wants to play in the NHL, that is.

Reactions: Konk

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yeah it’s doesn’t really sound like he’s holding himself accountable for his own development.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Everyone learns or takes criticism differently which
Concerns me that the Isles staff see only see things as black or white
If the isles ever want to become a team that knows how to develop
Young players they need to add some Grey and find ways to get what they need while not losing a player and his skill set because they see things done only 1 way

Exhibit A- Ryan Strome: albeit deserved, he was never the same after the send down to the A

Reactions: Eberzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad