Recalled/Assigned: Josh Ho-Sang assigned to Bridgeport *Sent Down to BST 12/15*

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I don't see the benefit of scratching him at the AHL level, he was sent down there because he shouldn't be scratched at the NHL level. What message is the organization sending the kid?

Much better to micro-manage his minutes and over communicate, during games and practice to keep him accountable. If the relationship goes sour and it becomes a focal point for the media, his trade value is diminished and he'll be painted as an uncoachable ingrate.

Even if they intend to trade Ho-Sang or dangle him, they better do so after a hot streak in the NHL (which he is very capable of) as opposed to when he is a healthy scratch in the minor leagues. Depending on what happens with JT and Bailey, this team and fanbase should not take an offensive catalyst like JHS for granted, flawed or not.

We could be clamoring for a guy with his style as early as next October....

Reactions: Bood12

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I just think Strome wasn’t/isn’t that good. The league adjusted quickly after that 1st full season he had

That's fair. I agree that he wasn't/isn't that good of what was expected after being selected 5th OA and based upon his rookie season but they should have gotten a lot more out of him than they did (on the ice- because he technically produced Eberle).

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Uhm, what?
Just an opinion . Ho sang has been sent down twice in one season and scratched from Bridgeport. Would anyone really be that surprised ho sang is traded either by the deadline or the off season. Not me for sure. Snow is gonna move him I feel before he loses complete value.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Just an opinion . Ho sang has been sent down twice in one season and scratched from Bridgeport. Would anyone really be that surprised ho sang is traded either by the deadline or the off season. Not me for sure. Snow is gonna move him I feel before he loses complete value.

I think he already has. I’m not sure you get more than a 2nd or 3rd or another guy who is having trouble somewhere and the team feels needs to go elsewhere

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
really over analyzing that JHS quote lol. kid never really learned how to play advanced level hockey hes jsut tremendous and skating passing and puck handling but has literally no hockey IQ...he needs more development, problem is he is still much better than any single playing in the bottom 6, and by far.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
why would he lose any value? he is a 21 year old who is showing he has the skills to play in the NHL, he is averaging about .5 points a game in his brief NHL career, only an idiot would trade him for the sake of trading him and any GM who has a brain is going to be all ears if they are hearing he is on the market

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
It will be no coincidence when JHS is back on our 3rd line we will suddenly have a 3rd line again regardless of the slot machine pull for his linemates. He is a possesion player . He will bring it up and drive the play . These other bologna sandwiches on skates can only dream of being able to possess his moxi. What he did last season and this have us wanting more. The fact that we have JT , Barzal , and soon again JHS to drive 3 lines I feel is what made our O so impressive . As far as turnovers, so we give up 9 instead of 8.

LGI

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
If the islanders have called up Dal Colle over Ho sang I'm guessing the kid really must have pissed off management. Not a good sign really as numbers wise its not close in terms of production per game.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If the islanders have called up Dal Colle over Ho sang I'm guessing the kid really must have pissed off management. Not a good sign really as numbers wise its not close in terms of production per game.

He probably has pissed off management, but I don't think he would need to for them to promote MDC over him, it's Garth Snow were talking about, his idea of putting us over the top is adding a Tyler Kennedy, Shane Prince, Cory Conacher, Marek Zidlicky or even an insurance policy in net like JF Berube.

He makes Clutterbuck and Mayfield the foundation of the franchise.

No need to rationalize any of Snow's moves, he's an egomaniac nut job, for all you know, he's promoting MDC because he's tired of hearing he drafted a guy who hasn't cracked a roster yet.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

I don't think so, they have 40 games of NHL material on Ho-Sang, they know what he can bring and what he still needs to work on. Dal Colle is still unknown.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
i can't wait until they trade him for a grinder and he flourishes on another team.

i'm starting to think the isles can't develop players very well

And some on the board will insist that Nino, er JHS, will never make it in the nhl, that they would rather have the grinders leadership.

Reactions: YesCubed

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
He probably has pissed off management, but I don't think he would need to for them to promote MDC over him, it's Garth Snow were talking about, his idea of putting us over the top is adding a Tyler Kennedy, Shane Prince, Cory Conacher, Marek Zidlicky or even an insurance policy in net like JF Berube.

He makes Clutterbuck and Mayfield the foundation of the franchise.

No need to rationalize any of Snow's moves, he's an egomaniac nut job, for all you know, he's promoting MDC because he's tired of hearing he drafted a guy who hasn't cracked a roster yet.
lol ye i can see Snow maybe trying to showcase Dal colle in a trade as well. By all accounts from what I've read MDC has not played well in Bridgeport as his numbers do indicate. One never know's with Garth.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Ugh, not sure this kid is ever going to get it. It's one thing to have confidence, it's another thing to have this attitude that you can't control the outcome and those in charge are going to do what they want to do. He probably says all the right things to the coach but goes to bed at night with this notion in his head that he's good and doesn't need to change anything. I really hope he drops the act...can wear thin quickly.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/11/burning-years-off-my-career-growing-pains-for-josh-ho-sang/

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Yikes that Post article...this is getting ugly. Thompson has to go he absolutely sucks at developing kids. Calling Ho-Sang a baby is not helping!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Yikes that Post article...this is getting ugly. Thompson has to go he absolutely sucks at developing kids. Calling Ho-Sang a baby is not helping!
I'm 99% sure he didn't mean "baby" in a derogatory way, although it certainly doesn't look good in print if you focus only on the first part (especially with "immature" thrown in!). But if you read the whole comment and put things in context I think he meant it as "young" and as a justification for being in the minors and sitting some games. Rather than "baby", I'd focus on "development" because that's what this is really about.

"He’s a baby,” Thompson said. “He’s a baby, he’s immature and he’s got a lot of growing to do. I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them? Every piece of this season for Josh, with us, is a development piece. ... It’s just going to be a longer process with some people.”

Last edited:
Reactions: eoin92

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Ugh, not sure this kid is ever going to get it. It's one thing to have confidence, it's another thing to have this attitude that you can't control the outcome and those in charge are going to do what they want to do. He probably says all the right things to the coach but goes to bed at night with this notion in his head that he's good and doesn't need to change anything. I really hope he drops the act...can wear thin quickly.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/11/burning-years-off-my-career-growing-pains-for-josh-ho-sang/
Or, JHS is right and the Isles are totally mishandling him.

Kids are going to make mistakes. I've seen Barzal and Beau make plenty this season, yet JHS was the one sent down, when he is 100X better than most of the forwards on the big club.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Take a look across the river at how the Devils handle their young no-names. They all play. They traded a guy like Adam Henrique to open up ice time for Nico Hischier. We save roster space for guys like Steve Bernier, Stephen Gionta (both Devils rejects) and Jason Chimera.

Last edited:

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Big takeaway from the article is that the Islanders are 24-15-4 with Ho-Sang playing. Since he's been sent down, the 3rd line has been complete garbage. Chimera, Quine, Prince and co. have looked completely useless and the season is close to on the brink now. I'd rather win hockey games and coach Ho-Sang through his mistakes as he also makes bigtime plays for us than play useless borderline NHLers and lose games.

I wonder what Tavares thinks as another year of his career ticks away as useless third liners dump the puck to the opponent and then try and block shots in their own zone for whole shifts every game.

Reactions: Bood12 and MJF

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I wonder what Tavares thinks as another year of his career ticks away as useless third liners dump the puck to the opponent and then try and block shots in their own zone for whole shifts every game.

He's probably fantasizing about all the other teams he can potentially be a part of next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad