Recalled/Assigned: Josh Ho-Sang assigned to Bridgeport *Sent Down to BST 12/15*

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Well, I didn’t see that coming. I guess he needs some work. Hopefully he busts his ass.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
smh...i feel like JHS may be the type of dude where if he gets annoyed enough, he'll want no part of the organization anymore. Hope i'm wrong and he sees this as a constructive assignment

Attachments

• Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real_828248.jpg
    Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real_828248.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
He was one of our best players down the stretch last year. Chimera and Kulemin (and Clutterbuck for that matter too) all look like complete garbage most nights. I'd think there has to be something going on that we don't know about, which is sad if true.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Well, better this than just sitting in the press box. Also, Quine is probably on the verge of being activated.
I'm not sure if that's it. They could have sent Quine down to rehab for a couple of weeks - still can (and may) do that. I think this is more along the lines of them wanting him to work on his game. Hopefully it's a short term hint and he's back up. Alan Quine shouldn't be getting in he way of JHS playing in the big league. Only JHS himself can do that.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
He was one of our best players down the stretch last year. Chimera and Kulemin (and Clutterbuck for that matter too) all look like complete garbage most nights. I'd think there has to be something going on that we don't know about, which is sad if true.

But he hasn't been this year -- he was far better last year. Yes, he has some assists and can really drive play, but here's a lot of bad that's coming with the good right now. He needs to mature a bit in his game (not his attitude, which I think is fine) and the AHL is the place to do that. There is no margin of error for losing games in the current NHL.

JHS will be fine and it's a long season with lots of injuries. He will be given plenty of chances. I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm OK with it. It's better than him sitting in the press box.

The best hypothesis is the one that has the least amount of assumptions. The eye test shows JHS needs to work on his decision making. Getting to the AHL to do that is perfect for him. There's no need to read between the lines about his attitude souring on the Isles, or the Isles attitude souring on him. The Isles are far from a well run organization (or even an average one), but people here need to stop acting like every move that is made is wrong, especially when they've complained about the complete opposite moves are being made and still being complained about.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I don't like this. It seems like over-kill to sit him for a period in a big game, scratch him for two games, and then send him down all for a few bad turnovers. Puck possession is his game, he's going to make mistakes.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
You are a f***ing idiot doug weight. this is a guy who is a large part of the reason you got hired instead of being an interim coach and gone. I said it before and ill say it again, ho sang is doug weights whipping boy. Anyone not belive me yet.

Oh wait we have alan quine back?!?!?!? yeah just kidding he f***ing sucks

Just horrible managment of this kid. Weight knows he has an ego and is doing everything to tear him down. You really think hes gonna go all out in bridgeport when he gets sent down while performing better than some of the current roster. I dont expect him to handle this well but good on him if he does. Figure it out doug

I know +/- is a bad stat but hes on the right side of the ledger and has a higher points per game than all but 3 players on the team. Sending him to bridgeport is just such a dumb move

Last edited:
Reactions: Bood12

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I'm not sure if that's it. They could have sent Quine down to rehab for a couple of weeks - still can (and may) do that. I think this is more along the lines of them wanting him to work on his game. Hopefully it's a short term hint and he's back up. Alan Quine shouldn't be getting in he way of JHS playing in the big league. Only JHS himself can do that.

Maybe, but Staple just tweeted that no one has been recalled from Bridgeport and that Quine is traveling with the team to MIN and NSH.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
You are a ****ing idiot doug weight. this is a guy who is a large part of the reason you got hired instead of being an interim coach and gone. I said it before and ill say it again, ho sang is doug weights whipping boy. Anyone not belive me yet.

Oh wait we have alan quine back?!?!?!? yeah just kidding he ****ing sucks

Just horrible managment of this kid. Weight knows he has an ego and is doing everything to tear him down. You really think hes gonna go all out in bridgeport when he gets sent down while performing better than some of the current roster. I dont expect him to handle this well but good on him if he does. Figure it out doug

I know +/- is a bad stat but hes on the right side of the ledger and has a higher points per game than all but 3 players on the team. Sending him to bridgeport is just such a dumb move

I don't believe you yet. So there's at least 1.

Reactions: 13th Floor

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I don't believe you yet. So there's at least 1.

ok. i mean doug weight has a hard on for beauvillier but compare his stats to ho sangs. One is much more productive than the other thus far. and i get it with the turnovers etc. but beau is a team worst -3 and ho sang is a +1. Through 6 games each that definitely means something

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Maybe, but Staple just tweeted that no one has been recalled from Bridgeport and that Quine is traveling with the team to MIN and NSH.
Quine may go straight to the big club - I don't have any insight on that. My only point is that Alan Quine didn't push this decision, JHS did. If he was playing well, Quine wasn't taking his spot. The team thinks he needs to work on some stuff. Long term - I think we all agree that JHS belongs on the big club.

Right now, I can't kill the team for sending him down. Just like I can't kill them for scratching Pulock. These guys are haven't earned their spots yet. Hopefully they will soon.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
After the RAGS game but before the next game, weight named his body language as something he wasn't happy with. If you watched the RAGS game on TV, when Weight was talking strategy with the team just before OT started, JHS was slumped on the bench a few feet away from everyone else, staring into space with a pouty face, clearly not paying any attention. This was after playing very little in the second half of the game.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Quine may go straight to the big club - I don't have any insight on that. My only point is that Alan Quine didn't push this decision, JHS did. If he was playing well, Quine wasn't taking his spot. The team thinks he needs to work on some stuff. Long term - I think we all agree that JHS belongs on the big club.

My 2 cents if this is a move to make room for Quine, given how long Quine has been out a 1 week conditioning stint in the AHL wouldn't hurt(you don't get put on waivers for conditioning stints)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->