Player Discussion: Josh Bailey II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
One positive and one negative on Josh:
Best one timer on the team(how many years before we got to see it?)
Most likely to give the puck away at the blue line.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
One positive and one negative on Josh:
Best one timer on the team(how many years before we got to see it?)
Most likely to give the puck away at the blue line.

he's really going to cash in on his monster UFA season.

A five year deal for $16.5MM, where Garth was destroyed on these boards for paying this money for Bailey, and how he'll probably sign for TWICE that, somewhere else.

But at least Garth will trade him and get a #1 pick, a top prospect and a young roster player for him in a few days - or - nothing and watch him walk away.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He’s like third in the league in powerplay points. He’s really found a home on that right dot.

Definitely helps having Anders Lee occupying attention down low as well as having John Tavares and Mat Barzal on the ice simultaneously.

As long as JT stays, I think they ink a deal at or under 6M per (hopefully closer to 5M per but his season has been ridiculous).

I think he knows he’s benefitting a lot from the situations the coaching staff has been putting him in and I genuinely feel that he enjoys being on Long Island and I think those two reasons will prevent him from trying to squeeze out every last dollar from the Islanders on a long term deal.

It also helps that I think NYI did give him a pretty sweet contract for what he had done up to that point in his career (referring to his current deal he signed five years ago), and that all of the big Islanders who left for Free Agency (Okposo/Nielsen/Martin) are all not really living up to their deals.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think Isles' fans should put up a billboard apologizing to Bailey for being so mean to him and asking him to please take a hometown discount on his next contract.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
But...But...Looks like he did just that.
I'd really love to know what his side is. I really want to know if he saw Martins situation and was like.. f*** that!

I bet Bailey gets comped with a NMC/NTC.

Also wonder if Eberle looks for this. LI is a terrific place to play in terms of not dealing with unnecessary pressure.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
But...But...Looks like he did just that.
Wow, my mere threat of a billboard caused Bailey to cave.

I may have to go to the JT thread and make a similar post. Hopefully his fiance will see it and give in.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If by any chance we lose Tavares, do you think the Islander should test Bailey at center(ie his drafted position). I do think he might actually be a good 2 way center

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
In their first practice. Bailey is on the top line for Team Canada. Guys is really lucking out, first JT, now McDavid.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
In their first practice. Bailey is on the top line for Team Canada. Guys is really lucking out, first JT, now McDavid.

Or maybe he's just good?

It's clear Bailey thinks the game at a high level, he's already proven he can succeed with one of the game's top talents, why not try another?

Reactions: SI90 and Instant

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

He's not an odd choice, tbh. McDavid doesn't need someone as fast as him, just good at positioning and defensively responsible, which Bailey is. They could work well together.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Or maybe he's just good?

It's clear Bailey thinks the game at a high level, he's already proven he can succeed with one of the game's top talents, why not try another?

It was more tongue in cheek.

Also, not sure they have many other options at RW, besides Eberle.

Reactions: Bones45

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Bailey is on the first line for Team Canada? Must be a very thin year for them.
Other forwards on the team:
Ryan O'Reilly
Connor McDavid
Jordan Eberle
Matt Barzal
Jaden Schwartz
Bo Horvat
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Anthony Beauvillier

Looks like a pretty deep forward corps.

Reactions: SI90

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I wonder if he's gonna play on McJesus' line today. Could be a fun game to watch, I'm curious how the guys will play together.

EDIT: Oh, already started :laugh: I'm not used to hockey being that early.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Your girl cheats on you for 5 years, but gives you great BJ's for the past year.

She all of a sudden is a great girl?

You guys forget very quickly. Just wait till JT is gone and Bailey is back to his shit ways.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Your girl cheats on you for 5 years, but gives you great BJ's for the past year.

You guys forget very quickly. Just wait till JT is gone and Bailey is back to his **** ways.

Or maybe you just don't know how to evaluate players? :help:

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

You guys forget very quickly. Just wait till JT is gone and Bailey is back to his **** ways.

Yeah, but Bailey is still great shirtless and in chains, and sometimes that's all you need to get through the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad