Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This is a lot of talk and just talk like you get on video games. "Say it to my face" is just funny on here and there is no point in saying it. This is an internet hockey forum not internet tough guy fight club. Chirping is going to happen here.
shit... a statement like that, even today means you better be ready for what happens next...... this shit even today happens a lot of time in my community..... but these KKK members know better then to say it to anyone in the Tribe.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This is a lot of talk and just talk like you get on video games. "Say it to my face" is just funny on here and there is no point in saying it. This is an internet hockey forum not internet tough guy fight club. Chirping is going to happen here.
well said. about using that phrase.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
****... a statement like that, even today means you better be ready for what happens next...... this **** even today happens a lot of time in my community..... but these KKK members know better then to say it to anyone in the Tribe.

Ok you lost me.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This feels like a hero fighting in men's league because he is getting chirped.

:laugh:

Had a guy try that with me a couple weeks ago at Johnny's. He had his head down and I was looking away at the play, he ran into me, and immediately got planted on his ass at the blueline. He starts calling me names, chirping at me as we head into the corner(the play where he got knocked down, I chipped the puck into the corner). He leaned on me a little bit, and I blew an edge, so he starts chirping at me "Yeah, you like that, bitch?" I couldn't help but laugh at his little balls haven't dropped ass. Just stood up and laughed at him in his face and skated away.

Gotta love the beer league tough guys. Especially the ones who try to start shit when they wear a full cage.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Very few here actually want any of this, and most agree he's had a bad year in comparison to most years. I think maybe 3-4 posters actually want Toews traded. Only thing most of us are saying is that he needs to be better, or the Hawks aren't hoisting another Cup with this core. He is paid 10.5m to be better than he has been.

I can probably rattle off the only posters on here who want Toews traded. Blackhawks. BWC(maybe). CokenoPepsi.

I think that's about it... actually.
this is a horrible season like you said. many will point fingers and say this is the reason.....

i keep preaching, don't dwell and let the draft begin.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
yep, Deja Brew has been our hang out for years, owners are friends of the family - pricey place to drink, but they are huge Hawks fans and always had the Hawks games on no matter what else was on - loved it there!

Used to go there quite a bit. Moved out to the western suburbs, so haven't been back in a few years.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ok you lost me.
your statement of internet tough guy fight club.

i just said that a phrase like that would get me going .... it would be a huge insult for me. one person wheni live in chi on a total different baseball forum, said that and agreed to meet me. he never showed up.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Had a guy try that with me a couple weeks ago at Johnny's. He had his head down and I was looking away at the play, he ran into me, and immediately got planted on his ass at the blueline. He starts calling me names, chirping at me as we head into the corner(the play where he got knocked down, I chipped the puck into the corner). He leaned on me a little bit, and I blew an edge, so he starts chirping at me "Yeah, you like that, *****?" I couldn't help but laugh at his little balls haven't dropped ass. Just stood up and laughed at him in his face and skated away.

Gotta love the beer league tough guys. Especially the ones who try to start **** when they wear a full cage.
i bet there are hundreds of stories like that. those clowns really have a low IQ i bet. b/c they are stupid as hell.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Used to go there quite a bit. Moved out to the western suburbs, so haven't been back in a few years.
yep, cool place, they tried to get rooftop seating, but that fell through - they got pinched on super bowl squares (pretty much a crime if you have slot machines in your establishment, can't have any other means of gambling - so stupid) and they got denied rooftop seating...go figure!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Okay settle down I get it, and in actuality I've heard that "i was just joking" a LOT when people need to try to save face about the things they said un-jokingly.

Thanks.

I'm settled. Probably been one of the most settled people in this thread for once. That doesn't happen that often. You all should be proud of me for not calling people morons today. :laugh:

He was just joking with the narc comment, trust me. :)

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
I'm settled. Probably been one of the most settled people in this thread for once. That doesn't happen that often. You all should be proud of me for not calling people morons today. :laugh:

He was just joking with the narc comment, trust me. :)

You get it all out in the Politics section already today? :laugh:

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
your statement of internet tough guy fight club.

i just said that a phrase like that would get me going .... it would be a huge insult for me. one person wheni live in chi on a total different baseball forum, said that and agreed to meet me. he never showed up.

TIL, LDF once tried to fight a guy from the internet.

Reactions: migi and ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
In this day and age, there's really nothing someone can say that is worthy of a physical response. Best case, you kick someone's ass and go to jail. Worst case, you get your ass kicked AND arrested.(throw the first punch, and it's assault, outcome means nothing). Or, worst, worst case, you get yourself killed.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
In this day and age, there's really nothing someone can say that is worthy of a physical response. Best case, you kick someone's ass and go to jail. Worst case, you get your ass kicked AND arrested.(throw the first punch, and it's assault, outcome means nothing). Or, worst, worst case, you get yourself killed.
i grew up in these situation my whole life. i lived in one of the inner city projects and yes i have stated i have been shot and stab several times. i do not know why i am still living, God has something more for me to do. i am being honest in this assessment.

the legal crap is a by product of living like this. this is why i have tried to teach my kids to be p***yes. however they are not, so now i blame it on the gens of my heritage. i never want my kids to live like i did. the shitting thing is, the Tribe kids are loving the fear factor of being ...... again this is all BS to live like that.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What the hell happened in here.

Deja Brew was a noted cougar bar in my youth. Now it's the douchey hipster spot on 95th with expensive beer. Much prefer St. James, BJ's, Krauses or the goal post. The whistle is cool too.

Don't fight people from the internet. Don't threaten to fight people from the internet. Is there a full moon tonight or something?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Deja Brew was a noted cougar bar in my youth. Now it's the *****ey hipster spot on 95th with expensive beer. Much prefer St. James, BJ's, Krauses or the goal post. The whistle is cool too.

Don't fight people from the internet. Don't threaten to fight people from the internet. Is there a full moon tonight or something?

Just about every thread went off the rails a bit today.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Deja Brew was a noted cougar bar in my youth. Now it's the *****ey hipster spot on 95th with expensive beer. Much prefer St. James, BJ's, Krauses or the goal post. The whistle is cool too.

I have been part of some off the rails conversations on here but this one might be the pinnacle of shit shows.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Thank you everyone, it was a good bedtime story.

@LDF sleep well and don’t go fight anyone today ok?
ha, my only response is this, fighting is stupid, but it not more idiotic than the ones who instigate it. even in situation that is still stupid even in my freaking old age. my community is a center for the ugliest hate group there ever was, ever is and it is over 100 yrs old and going strong. sometimes at breakfast i hear their stupid BS, but as i have mention they will not say crap against the Tribe. but still, here is a rhetorical question, if nothing is being said about us, should we do something stupid to give them a settle "what if" scenario. now remember in the bayous who many people have disappeared who are sleeping with the Gators.

nah, i am too freaking old and with a tricky heart. however there will be one day when i will go and see my wife.

remember all that crap of who is tougher is just that. BS...... same thing i am now telling my grandkids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad