Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Toews is -1 right now for the season. Does management keep him out? Put a motivating blemish on his never-a-minus year record? Q announced they decided against him playing tomorrow. I looked up Patrice Bergeron's stats because he is now the "ultimate two-way bad ass center" to see if he was ever in a situation like this. In case any Hawk fans are feeling bad with Hawks missing the playoffs with a measly 70+ points, the Bruins missed the playoffs in 2014-2015 with 96 points!!!! That year Bergeron was +2. Bergeron already had a single minus year early in his career, so he didn't have the same pristine record Tazer had up until now. BTW, did you know the Bruins sent Bergeron down to the AHL for a full year after he had a full season in the NHL in which he went 16/23/39 +5 for the year! Maybe the Hawks should send Tazer down to Rockford for a full year to regain his mojo and love for the game, ya think? Another +/- giant was Ray Bourque. He only was - for the year twice in his career, and the first time it happened was when he turned 36 during the season.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Well the season is over and Toews posted new career lows in goals and points...despite a late season surge when games didnt matter

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for the update. Here we were, all thinking Toews and the Hawks had a fantastic season. Yikes. I'm glad my eyes are now open.

Having to carry the whole team certainly impacted captain's numbers. It would be nice if Bowman would bring in some help but I'm sure he'll just sign some washed up former Hawks player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
nice to see the attention Ryan Johansson is getting as the "new" Toews...bad contract - scoring points at a #2C rate, not #1 rate - plays both sides of the puck which justifies his pay - this is all the things being talked about him and pretty much all the same things we hear with Toews...only thing is we didn't trade away a Seth Jones for it though...and we have those 3 little Cups!

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So ...let me see...our Captain Mr.Muffet who sat on his tiofet for 3 seasons counting his $13.8 found into his bank account each of these last 3 seasons is still considered a star who can bounce back ,and still capable of leading by example....watches these playoffs and sees what a real star does..because Ali g came Mr.Couturier ...with a torn MCL ...who still managed to be heroic and starxand produce in a valiant albeit futile effort to get his team past mighty starry Pittsburgh...but we can all agree that what Couturier showed was the stuff of stardom even though he was aline against that Crosby -Guenttzel star machine who even though down a super star in Malik still had their stars show why they are stars. Mr.Crosby elevated and so did Guenttzel ..But our Captain could only beat goalies 18 times this season...for $13. 8 into his fat bank account. .and I guess the commercials are mirenimportant than...you know. . Actually starring. .and tally proving he still can star ..So now after promising us last summer that his revised training methods would pay off ,what we got instead was even more rotten.So back to the drawing board this summer..Does anyone actually still Believe?That he is capable of starring again?His level of starting would not be 4 goals and an assist in a game or even just a Harty ..nor a 3+2 ..How about a pic t a game only. ..but scored at significant times...oops he never produced at that pace except in the shorted lockout season. .But how about you know 66-70 points...with 30 goals and +25 or abouts?Can he even get back to that level? I think we have envy for what other tens have at Centre ..Right now lead by a declining Toews at 1VC..we do not have much downbthe midge. .Sure Toes can win draws but not much else
.Anisimov had 1 good moth of a whole season (albeit injury hampered him but still he has flaes) and Schmaltz also cannot win draws, over-passes,and has no idea how to defend our zone ...Oh how I eny some other tens and their talent in the middle and their finish on the wings.Instead.. we got...not much.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There is not even a reason to read his posts at this point.
exactly.

Fiddy's HF Corsi rate is =0.05% - board avergae is = 82.5%

And for anyone wondering what HF Corsi rate is - it is a mathematical formula which balances both intelligent posts with the amount of times you respond back to another poster...so that should help everyone out moving forward!

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I read that article, and wanted to ask the group the following: Has anyone seen a deterioration of Toews' shot similar to Hossa? If so, the best we can expect going forward is probably 55 points and 20 goals from Toews. If you guys think his shot is fine, then I agree with the premise of the article.

Last edited:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Maybe Toews should use a stick with much less flex. Able to load it easier. Heck, maybe CCM or other instead of Bauer. Sometimes a change is necessary. Golfers do it al the time with their sticks.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I read that article, and wanted to ask the group the following: Has anyone seen a deterioration of Toews' shot similar to Hossa? If so, the best we can expexct going forward is probably 55 points and 20 goals from Toews. If you guys think his shot is fine, then I agree with the premise of the article.

Hossa's shot seemed to recover the last season he played.

I have stated this before but he is far too predictable with his shot. He rarely seems to change his shot angle or position and this makes him much easier to read as a goal. Kane and Cat both shoot from multiple shot angles which is why they can fool goalies as much as they do. I am talking about where the puck is released and not angles up and down.

Toews needs to become much less predictable and get some creativity back.

Changing his stick variables could help as well.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I read that article, and wanted to ask the group the following: Has anyone seen a deterioration of Toews' shot similar to Hossa? If so, the best we can expect going forward is probably 55 points and 20 goals from Toews. If you guys think his shot is fine, then I agree with the premise of the article.

His shot sucks now. The sneaky release and Sakic-like snap shot is gone.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
If Toews, after another long summer (while Kane is having a blast playing World Championships) doesn't have a season better than his career average, I am totally done with. At that point, I'd trade him for whatever the market value is. A prospect, a 3rd liner whatever.

There has to come a time when his play is just unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad